+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL ABOUT GCMS - HOW TO ORDER, READ, & GENERAL QUESTIONS ANSWERED

tlh_khan

Star Member
Apr 14, 2017
I am not expert but what i understand you are under Security Screening. The ACTIVITY 1-4 highlights tre info exchange between IRCC-CBSA-CSIS which may have been redacted

You can see this info if you order CBSA notes
Is there any chances of rejection at this stage and how long it will take to finalize

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Is there any chances of rejection at this stage and how long it will take to finalize
I haven’t seen a lot of people getting rejected just because there Security took a lot of time to process.
I am reading that it takes usually between 9-12 months on avg. to complete(from the start of the security)

ravleen

May 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23 September 2018
Med's Done....
23 October 2018
Hello everyone....I applied last year and got the refusal...now I want to apply again but before that I thought of ordering GCMS notes....I received them today but I am not able to figure out how to interpret the data given in those notes and another thing is I am really confused about the status thing mentioned in each section of the notes... somewhere it says 'obsolete', another place it's 'received', 'rejected' is also mentioned at one place....what does all this mean?
Can anyone help please!
Thanks in advance

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hello everyone....I applied last year and got the refusal...now I want to apply again but before that I thought of ordering GCMS notes....I received them today but I am not able to figure out how to interpret the data given in those notes and another thing is I am really confused about the status thing mentioned in each section of the notes... somewhere it says 'obsolete', another place it's 'received', 'rejected' is also mentioned at one place....what does all this mean?
Can anyone help please!
Thanks in advance
Look at Page 2
Look at Notes 1-4 (almost close to the end of the GCMS notes)
Look at ACTIVITY 1-5

ravleen

May 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23 September 2018
Med's Done....
23 October 2018
Look at Page 2
Look at ACTIVITY 1-5
Thanks for your reply....I had a look at the pages...reason for refusal is same which was mentioned in the refusal letter....nothing less nothing more....I was expecting a detailed thing but it's just the same

ravleen

May 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23 September 2018
Med's Done....
23 October 2018
Look at Page 2
Look at ACTIVITY 1-5
In the notes section of 'Experience' in the last line, officer has stated, "FSW Work: 3 years and 3 months. CRS Foreign Work: 3 years and 3 months. FSW Work: 1 year. CRS Foreign Work: 3 + year(s)''
What could this mean?
Any idea!

monbear

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
16-11-2018
In the notes section of 'Experience' in the last line, officer has stated, "FSW Work: 3 years and 3 months. CRS Foreign Work: 3 years and 3 months. FSW Work: 1 year. CRS Foreign Work: 3 + year(s)''
What could this mean?
Any idea!
Was experience a factor in your refusal? Was it because they could not verify all your work experience?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
What could this mean?
Any idea!
For FSW you have to meet the Minimum Eligibility criteria and the CRS. The MEC is one at least one year of full-time or part-time work ex in your selected primary NOC.

Minimum work experience requirement
The applicant must have accumulated at least one year of continuous full-time (or the equivalent in part-time) paid work experience in the occupation identified in their application for permanent residence as their primary occupation. In calculating this period of work experience, the occupation must be listed in skill type 0 (Managerial occupations), skill level A (Professional occupations) or skill level B (Technical occupations and skilled trades) of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2016 [R75(2)(a)].

The applicant’s skilled work experience must also

• have occurred within the ten years preceding the date of their application for permanent residence; and
  • not be in an occupation that has been designated as a restricted occupation.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/federal-skilled-workers/assessing-applications-against-minimum-requirements.html

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Can anyone help please!
Thanks in advance
No need to be confused. Simple go down to the last 4-5 pages. They will have the notes. Read them in defending order. You will have a clear picture.

ravleen

May 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23 September 2018
Med's Done....
23 October 2018
Was experience a factor in your refusal? Was it because they could not verify all your work experience?
Yes... experience was the reason I got the refusal...my consultant did not file the case properly

ravleen

May 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23 September 2018
Med's Done....
23 October 2018
No need to be confused. Simple go down to the last 4-5 pages. They will have the notes. Read them in defending order. You will have a clear picture.
Yes I guess I have understood where I was wrong...thanks for the help :)

MaeTee

Dec 12, 2017
Accoring to the CIC website, a BOWP can be issued only if the e-APR has passed the R10 completeness check; but my GCMS note states R10 OK Recommendation: Review Required.

Does this mean I can't apply for the BOWP?

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
@legalfalcon, please have a look at your private messages. I’ve provided the Google Drive link to my notes and requested your help to understand the same.
As of now, this is what I could see under the ASSESSMENTS section:
Eligibility: Met
Criminality: Not started
Security: Not started
Medical: Passed
Info sharing: Complete

AoR: 24.06.18
GCMS ordered: 24.07.18
Received: 18.08.18

Thanks a ton for the wonderful work you’ve been doing for candidates like us :)

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Accoring to the CIC website, a BOWP can be issued only if the e-APR has passed the R10 completeness check; but my GCMS note states R10 OK Recommendation: Review Required.

Does this mean I can't apply for the BOWP?
Your R10 has passed, it's your eligibility which states review required