+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL ABOUT GCMS - HOW TO ORDER, READ, & GENERAL QUESTIONS ANSWERED

Carly44

May 28, 2017
No need to worry. GCMS is your right and you obtained them through a person who is legally entitled to receive them on your behalf. No one will question how and where you got them. Access to Information Act gives all people a right to obtain a copy of their information with the federal government. You have done nothing wrong.
Petfect; appreciate your help :)
I was just reading up on a post you wrote re the exact steps from ITA and was curious...all of my criminality , Medicals & R10 have all passed, however, elligabilty 'not started' under 'Assesments', is that usually the the first thing they check?!? it had agents note & said I had passed everything, no change in age from ita. Meets threshold . 'Im a little confused as to where im at?! Label: EE Eligibility'

Jag13

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon aor April 01 I really need your help I received GCMS notes on the 27th of August their is no Review required stated anyway and my file was transferred to London vo on the 11th of July below it is stated
Assessments
Eligibility - MET not recommended pass pls any explanation because most people see Recommended passed
Security- Not started
Criminality - Passed
Medicals Passed
Application Assignment;
Assigned to - LC00905
Assigned by - MT03813
DUE DATE- 2017/09/01
my application is approaching the 6 month mark.
Also the program assistant review was ok and the case analyst had no concerns. who puts the ready to finalize on the assessment? the visa officer or the case analyst because I don't have that on my notes.
Called LVO and was told the file is pending review by a visa officer pls guys what can I make of all this
Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Petfect; appreciate your help :)
I was just reading up on a post you wrote re the exact steps from ITA and was curious...all of my criminality , Medicals & R10 have all passed, however, elligabilty 'not started' under 'Assesments', is that usually the the first thing they check?!? it had agents note & said I had passed everything, no change in age from ita. Meets threshold . 'Im a little confused as to where im at?! Label: EE Eligibility'
The eligibility happens in 2-3 stages. For a program analyst will review and make a recommendation. This happened in your case. This review will then be verified by an agent, who will make a final decision and your eligibility will then change to passed.

Reactions: Tomi2

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon aor April 01 I really need your help I received GCMS notes on the 27th of August their is no Review required stated anyway and my file was transferred to London vo on the 11th of July below it is stated
Assessments
Eligibility - MET not recommended pass pls any explanation because most people see Recommended passed -MET / recommended passes / passed are all the same.
Security- Not started
Criminality - Passed
Medicals Passed
Application Assignment;
Assigned to - LC00905
Assigned by - MT03813
DUE DATE- 2017/09/01
my application is approaching the 6 month mark.
Also the program assistant review was ok and the case analyst had no concerns. who puts the ready to finalize on the assessment? the visa officer or the case analyst because I don't have that on my notes. - The ready to finalize is done after the BGC. After your eligibility is passed, your file will go to BGC and then after all reports come back the VO will make the final review.
Called LVO and was told the file is pending review by a visa officer pls guys what can I make of all this
Thanks

fdelacerda

Star Member
Sep 6, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon
I tried to reply over your previous message, but I don't know what I did wrong.
Here it's the link to the previous reply.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/all-about-gcms-how-to-order-read-general-questions-answered.482200/page-48#post-6354912

My question is:

"1 - Is it a concern to have my case moved back to "Not Started"? Has this situation ever happened?"

"This does not always happen, but it normal when the officer might want a substituted review or may have not changed the status, or inadvertently changed it back to not started."

Thanks a million for your reply.
I just have one additional question in this case.

I've just checked the "Updated by" inputs and realized that two different Officers analyzed my case.
1 - The one who opened my Educational and Work experience files, wrote the notes (as Agent Review Notes) and changes my Eligibility to "MET" is one person ( GM*****) . These Officer's actions took place on the 16/Aug/2017. According to this Officer's notes, everything is ok and nothing has raised a flag.
2 - On the following day (17/Aug/2017) another Officer (LJ****) , who has no previous input in my GCMS notes before this day, moved the CIO as being the "Secondary Office", added another "Primary Office" AND changed my Eligibility status to "Not Started" without writing any extra notes in any part of my GCMS notes. So, this Officer had never opened my case before, I guess.

- As you raised a flag, it also seems to me that some mistake happened here. My application is heading to the 5th month. Do you believe I should try any sort of contact to check this possible mistake? Or do you believe that anything done before the 6th month is too early?
- In case of considering any contact, do you suggest calling or contacting via their website?

Thanks once again @legalfalcon

Last edited:

shagoonsarita

Jan 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
1241, 1123, 2151
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 11, 2016
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
Apr 11, 2017
IELTS Request
L-8.5, R-8.0, W-7.5, S-9.0
Med's Done....
Mar 28, 2017
hi @legalfalcon

Thanks for all the help you provide to everyone in this forum...i also need help regarding the GCMS notes i had ordered from www.getgcms.com.
I had sent CIC my updated PCC (Mine on May 23rd and husband's on May 30th) after I realised that just state police's PCC would not suffice.
They have apparently received both by 1st Aug as per my conversation with Call centre agent.

In my GCMS notes, on page 390, I find my notes written as below -

My concern is - PARKED CASES NOTES - Case parked due to the following missing documents: - Other - UCI mix up.

Image ref 1 - https://i.imgur.com/i4XJjz2.jpg
Image ref 2 - https://i.imgur.com/JAM8XQu.jpg

Reactions: Tomi2

Guy293

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
20-04-2017
alright, so I received my GCMS notes, and I have a couple of questions:

At what point are they checking my police certificates? I've forgot to order my FBI PC in time and I'm still waiting for it and hoping to upload it on time (I've been to the US 4 months and than another two), but the notes from June 19 states that "Criminality decision pending until outstanding PC from Israel received. recommendation: review required" - nothing about FBI PC being required. Since then I've received an email in late August from the Canadian embassy in Israel that they've uploaded the Israeli PC (in Israel the embassy receives the PC directly, not the individual) and under notes 2 from July 4th (more than 2 months ago!), it says: "Case Analystt: "Recommended Pass", is that for the eligibility part only?

on the second page, in the Assessments part, it states:
Eligibility: Recommend Passed.
Security: Not started
Criminality: Not Started.

any idea what's going on and in what stage I am? (timeline in signature)

aerchan

Jan 23, 2017
Id wait until Meds are passed or when youre in IP2 'were processing your BG check' then order them ur meds wont pass for another 2 months or so
Meds already passed it passed 3 days after the med was done... and bgc is already in process... got my 3rd line ecas as well...

Last edited:

JackT

Star Member
Feb 29, 2016
Dear friends
It's been 8 months since I got aor.
I ordered 2 gcms notes and my eligibility is still recommended pass by case analyst. There is nothing mention about officer comment.
My background check is NA since last 6 months. I don't know why it's taking too long to pass my eligibility?
Does anybody have background status NA for more than 6 months ???