17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon,
I have asked you on another thread about this but looking back at the eligibility notes, I can't seem to understand why my application is RR.
All is marked MET or APPEARS TO MEET:

REVIEW REQUIRED: TRIAGE FACTOR A11.2: Met R75: FSW MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - Met R76: SELECTION CRITERIA - FSW POINTS: APPEARS TO MEET R76: SELECTION CRITERIA -FUNDS: APPEARS TO MEET FSW points total: 69 RPRF: Complete.

REVIEW TYPE: Program Assistant Application #:E... REGULATION: FSW I have reviewed this application based upon the documents submitted by applicant and the information contained in the file and note the following. MIN.SCORE: 475 CRS SCORE: 493 Principal Applicant Application Promoted: Existing UCI Spouse Application Promoted: New UCI PA: Statutory details located in separate GCMS note Primary Applicant Medical Attached to UCI: Yes Client fees: verified ---LANGUAGES--- Principal Applicant 1-English- IELTS and Met Threshold & Verified 2 -French- TCF and Verified Spouse 1 -English IELTS and Verified ---- EDUCATION ---- Primary Applicant 1-ECA report verified on issuing agency website; foreign credential confirmed on ECA site ECA Canadian Equivalency Summary reported by issuing agency as Master's degree Foreign credential provided Spouse 1- ECA report verified on issuing agency website; foreign credential confirmed on ECA site ECA Canadian Equivalency Summary reported by issuing agency as Master's degree Foreign credential provided --- POLICE CERTIFICATE ---- Primary Applicant PA RCMP Screening NRT 1- Lebanon police certificate: Provided- NRT 2- USA FBI police certificate: Provided-NRT R10 OK Recommendation: Review Required - Stat Question Spouse 1- Lebanon police certificate: Provided-NRT R10 OK Recommendation: Pass Criminality ----AGE---- Applicant's age reviewed and Changed from ITA to e-APR ---- Documents SET FOR REVIEW --- Client Information

The only thing I can see maybe is because I answered YES to a stat question. A few years ago I was on OWP and Temporary Visa working in Toronto. After a year passed I decided to apply for PR through CEC. What happened was that my PR application was returned to me on the grounds that my application was received after the 8000 cap of complete applications was reached so my Bridging Work permit was refused since they did not get a positive feedback on my PR application. I was advised to return to my country and apply again through EE. This was back in 2014-2015.

Now few years later I am applying with my husband to EE FSW.
My questions:

1- Is my history with IRCC the issue here? that I got refused before.
2- If not, then what are the documents that are being reviewed? based on the notes above. & yes when I got my ITA I was 29 when I submitted application I turned 30 years old so I lost 5 points for age but gained points for French test that I added.

I had an old post on RR, re-posting it here.

Understanding “Review Required”

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied (FSW / CEC / FTW). To stream line this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize it in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst / assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, but it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF or if you have answered yes to any statutory question. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

For stat questions, the officer will have to review if there are any concerns and the reasons or the prior visa refusal, was it in Canada of another country.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.
6. Answering yes to stat question

There are just some of the scenarios.

felix-m

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Earth
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
20-05-2020
Hi @legalfalcon , I recently received my CBSA notes and it revealed a hidden officer notes that does not disclosed on my IRCC notes. The latest notes says "***officer review**** file reviewed. Eligibility passed. Integrated search completed -- no adverse info found-criminality pending.File assigned to security group for assessment."

What does "File assigned to security group for assessment" means? Am I on enhanced security screening? My security stage is still on "not started" status and criminality is in progress.

marinamuricy

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
Hello guys, I am a FSW outland applicant with a fresh AOR from 20 January 2021.

I know Outland applicants are on hold right now. I already passed medicals and I have no documents pending. My biometrics is scheduled for March 11th. My question is, having in mind that outlands are expected to have a huge delay, when would be a reasonable time to ask for GCMS notes? I am especially eager to know if my eligibility is going to be ok since I am a self-employed person and I had to submit a lot of documents as proof of work. Any advice would be appreciated.

datguytomi

Nov 3, 2020
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra (Moved to RROC December 2021)
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
31-10-2020
File Transfer...
02-12-2021
Passport Req..
16-03-2022
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2022
LANDED..........
21-06-2022
My gcms note came in and officer says verification recommended on employment letter. Please verify employment, primary duties, tenure, remuneration, size and scope of company. Adaptability: Siblings in canda x2 see above pending. Next steps. Recommendation: verification activity created for employment letter.

This was noted 3 from Accra. Notes 1 and 2 were empty probably redacted. What should I do please

https://postimg.cc/qtw0sxyf
Hello, did they eventually verify your employment reference letter?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon , I recently received my CBSA notes and it revealed a hidden officer notes that does not disclosed on my IRCC notes. The latest notes says "***officer review**** file reviewed. Eligibility passed. Integrated search completed -- no adverse info found-criminality pending.File assigned to security group for assessment."

What does "File assigned to security group for assessment" means? Am I on enhanced security screening? My security stage is still on "not started" status and criminality is in progress.

Officers who have a reason to believe that an applicant may be inadmissible pursuant to section(s) 34, 35, and/or 37 of the IRPA, but need additional information to make a determination, send a request to the National Security Screening Division (NSSD) and screening partners.

Most files will go through this process and this by itself doe snot mean that you are under enhanced or comprehensive security screening. There are many factor that can land you in enhanced SS. To read more on SS, how it is done and the manual used, see https://bit.ly/3dwhh1i

Reactions: felix-m

marinamuricy

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
@legalfalcon when would you think it's a reasonable time to ask for GCMS notes being an outland applicant with AOR from 20 January 2021?
I would like to know if my eligibility will pass. Do you think 3 months is enough or is it too soon because of the delay of the outlands applications?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon when would you think it's a reasonable time to ask for GCMS notes being an outland applicant with AOR from 20 January 2021?
I would like to know if my eligibility will pass. Do you think 3 months is enough or is it too soon because of the delay of the outlands applications?
When to order GCMS notes?

The GCMS refer to the programme called Global Case Management System (GCMS) used by IRCC that holds the entire processing record of your application, including the the notes pertaining to eligibility by an officer evaluating your file.

All applications go through the following stages:

R10
Medicals
Criminality
Eligibility
Security
To read on stages see https://bit.ly/3pFjgTk

R10 or the completeness check is the first stage of the processing, wherein it is verified that your application is complete and all documents are submitted. Filing a complete application is the responsibility of the application, and if a document is missing, a reason and an exemption request should be filed.

If an application is incomplete, it will be rejected. R10 usually happens within 30-45 days of filing your application, around the time when medicals are passed. The exact date will be available in your GCMS notes.

There is no point requesting GCMS notes at this stage, since if your application is incomplete, it will be rejected anyway, and for the medicals, the MyCIC account does inform you of when your meds are passed.

GCMS notes become important only for the eligibility stage, which does not start until 3-4 months. Eligibility takes place in 2 stages. First a case assistant or an analyst will review and make a recommendation. This is then reviewed by an officer who makes the final decision on the eligibility. Since each document you submitted has to be reviewed twice, this is the most time consuming stage. See #4,004

Only for this stage are the GCMS notes relevant.

While GCMS is a great tool, use it sparingly and only after 3-4 months have expired.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
These days give it at least 4 months post AOR.

Also it's almost as good as coin toss whether you will receive your GCMS file in 30 days or if it's going to take far longer (Some/one GCMS provider has disproportionately been receiving 90 day extensions, so beware from where you request)

This is based off stats from IRCC see
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/documents/pdf/english/corporate/publications-manuals/atip-2019-2020-en.pdf

CBSA on other hand has a better track; review this detailed comparison for requesting Gcms Notes from IRCC vs CBSA https://bit.ly/34nuJPu that others are quoting from

Reactions: marinamuricy

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Senior members, @legalfalcon

Please advise on the following extract from my GCMS notes. Why the discrepancy with CRS points verified?

https://ibb.co/ZmS4KhZ
https://ibb.co/PY33qXp
https://ibb.co/m44qpZh

Of course, this is not helpful for stress levels!

I do not see any CRS related note. The note that you have has review required, unless I am missing anything.

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied (FSW / CEC / FTW). To stream line this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize it in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst / assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, but it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.

murraymoose

Oct 2, 2020
I do not see any CRS related note. The note that you have has review required, unless I am missing anything.

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Thanks for the response. I have extracted the text on the CRS discrepancy rather than the screenshot. It seems that verified CRS is less than my CRS at ITA & APR for some reason?

r87.1 CEC MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - REVIEW REQUIRED ready to finalize

CRS score at ITA: 458, CRS points min score for round: 445 CRS, score at application (APR): 458 Total CRS points assessed: 373 / Verified CRS score: 373 I have reviewed the following CRS points:

WORK EXPERIENCE - Educational credentials provided: Bachelor’s degree: Law, 2019-06 to 2020-08 xxxx =, web-based search confirms employer information Letter confirms salary of CAD xxxxx - Letter confirms full time employment ; 2015-07 to 2018-06 xxxx

Letter confirms salary of N/A, Letter confirms full/time employment: CEC work: 0 years 0 months of 1 year - CRS foreign work: 0 years 0 months of 3 years - CRS Canadian work: 0 years 0 months of 1 year

ita_drgen

Mar 11, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon Thank you for such detailed explanations of the process — it is really very helpful among all this uncertainty!

I would really appreciate it if someone would advise me whether I need to order GCMS/CBSA notes on my situation. I am FSW-O, AOR 10 Aug 2020. When I called IRCC in November and December, the statuses were the same
Eligibility passed
Criminality in progress
Security not started
VO Ottawa

should I order notes? Or should I just wait now that eligibility is passed?

marinamuricy

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
@legalfalcon

Thanks for your answer. I already passed my medicals so I believe I already passed my R10. I will wait a couple of months to ask for my notes. Thank you for your time, your explanation of the process is really clear and helpful.

Reactions: legalfalcon