Jul 22, 2019
Earth
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
20-05-2020
Hi @legalfalcon, do you mind to help me understand my latest GCMS notes?

****OFFICER REVIEW***** file reviewed. Eligibility passed. Integrated search completed - no adverse info found - criminality pending. File assigned to

I dont understand the criminality pending, file assigned to means

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon, do you mind to help me understand my latest GCMS notes?

****OFFICER REVIEW***** file reviewed. Eligibility passed. Integrated search completed - no adverse info found - criminality pending. File assigned to

I dont understand the criminality pending, file assigned to means
Have you provided your biometrics or is it still pending?

Hemilshah80

Apr 3, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
@legalfalcon Could you please guide..

My meds expired on 5th December 2020. My medicals were extended yesterday and the status changed to " Medicals passed 14th December"

1) How long does it usually take to receive PPR from the day our medicals are extended ? and How long are they(medicals) valid for ?

2) Is it okay to presume that my file must have moved to LVO from CPC ottawa which was my secondary VO as per GCMS notes received on 19th october ?

Thanks in advance.

UMalik

Mar 3, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
14-08-2019
Nomination.....
25-07-2019
AOR Received.
27-08-2019
Got it, Security then will start after the officer has passed the Eligibility stage
Eligibility is passed since August - Clearly mentioned in GCMS notes. I have got my GCMS 3rd time and even that mentions of eligibility being passed and security not started

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I am biometrics exempt. I gave it last year for my work permit flagpoling
That is the reason. No need to be concerned, it will be updated in due course.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Could you please guide..

My meds expired on 5th December 2020. My medicals were extended yesterday and the status changed to " Medicals passed 14th December"

1) How long does it usually take to receive PPR from the day our medicals are extended ? and How long are they(medicals) valid for ?

2) Is it okay to presume that my file must have moved to LVO from CPC ottawa which was my secondary VO as per GCMS notes received on 19th october ?

Thanks in advance.
1. There is no specific time frame, it varies and with COVID delays, no one knows. However, if your medicals are passed, its a good sign.

2. A file can move to LVO before PPR or after. There is no specific rule that just because your meds are passed, your file will move to the LVO. To know the details, you will have to send a webform and ask, or rely on your GCMS notes.

Reactions: Hemilshah80

Hemilshah80

Apr 3, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
1. There is no specific time frame, it varies and with COVID delays, no one knows. However, if your medicals are passed, its a good sign.

2. A file can move to LVO before PPR or after. There is no specific rule that just because your meds are passed, your file will move to the LVO. To know the details, you will have to send a webform and ask, or rely on your GCMS notes.
Many thanks.

Reactions: legalfalcon

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Eligibility is passed since August - Clearly mentioned in GCMS notes. I have got my GCMS 3rd time and even that mentions of eligibility being passed and security not started
Got it, possibly administrative delays in that case

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi @legalfalcon, @caipsnotes

Hope you are doing well! Apologies on the longish post, but looking for your opinion on my application.

My AOR is 9th Sept2019, FSW, PNP- OINP. I received my GCMS notes October end and as far as I can tell the application looks ok. There are no adverse comments or notes that I could find. As per the page2 assessment, it looks like security is still not complete. My husband (accompanying) is ex-air force, we have submitted all required documents including detailed military table. Do you think military service can be the reason for delayed security? There are a lot of posts on people being in enhanced security and I don't really understand all the technicalities of this but should I be concerned?

Also, I just received the below response to my web form query -
· Your application was received via your account on September 9, 2019.
· Your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
  • The background verifications are currently valid.
  • The security background verification is currently valid.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
  • Your application is currently being processed at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia.
Does "currently valid" means passed?

Your assistance is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Simran

Below are some parts of my GCMS notes

Page 2

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: Complete
Other Reqs:
Final:

Under SECURITY section every thins is blank except for UCI no, and name. There is s.15(1) written on the top right of the page. (found this on a number of pages)
Criminality section shows passed
Medical section Passed, had expired on 25th Sept 2020, but now extended to 2021/03/30

Under APPLICATION section
APP 1 and APP 2 show medical expiring and new value as Passed
APP 3 shows Field name: Security, Action: Updated, old value/new value: Blank, Office: CIO
APP 4 shows Field name: Security, Action: Updated, old value:not started, new value:|,Office: CIO
APP 5 shows Field name: Eligibility, Action: Updated, Old value: not started, new value: Passed, Office: CIO
APP 11 shows Field name: Criminality, Action: Updated, Old value:nIn progress, new value: Passed, Office: GCMS-System

Under ACTIVITY section
Activity 1-4 shows medical status passed
Activity 5-12 shows security status blank

Under Notes section
Notes 1 medical extended
Notes 9
Text:
Review type: A11.2 - case processing agent application: xxxxx regulation PNP:FSW,2019-09-09 I have reviewed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and note the following. RECOMMENDATION: A11.2:MET R87: APPEARS TO MEET R76:Selection criteria - FSW POINTS: APPEARS TO MEET R76:Selection Criteria - FUNDS: SETTLEMENT FUNDS ARE MET MEDICAL: ALL VALID Ready to Finalize
Hi. Military background may result in enhanced security but it seems that your security may have been completed. While "currently valid" does not mean passed but often it does imply completing or passing the respective stage. You can get an idea by looking at the number of activities under the security section of your Gcms Notes; if there a number of activities then it's another way to confirm. Your application seems to be in good shape.

mussadsar

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Could you please provide the complete note or post it here, make sure you remove your personal info.
Dear @legalfalcon It is as below and sequenced as per GCMS notes: Also, just want to share that I changed my job title from assistant accountant to finance officer. and submitted the experience letters as well. Please advice if this could have any negative impact

Employment History: 2
UCI: xxxxxxxxx
Relationship:
Primary Occupation NOC: 1311000
To: 2011/03/01
Ongoing: N
NOC: 1311000
Employer: xxxxxxxxxx
Job Title: Assistant Accountant
Source: e-App
Status Updated By: xxxxxxxxx
Status Updated Date: 2019/06/19

Employment History: 8
Relationship:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Status Updated Date: 2019/10/19

Employment History: 11
Relationship:
NOC: 1212000
Job Title: Assistant Accountant
Status Updated Date: 2019/03/06

Employment History: 14
Relationship:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Status Updated Date: 2020/02/22

Tnx

simranh

Jun 29, 2017
Hi. Military background may result in enhanced security but it seems that your security may have been completed. While "currently valid" does not mean passed but often it does imply completing or passing the respective stage. You can get an idea by looking at the number of activities under the security section of your Gcms Notes; if there a number of activities then it's another way to confirm. Your application seems to be in good shape.
Thank you for your response. Under the Security section, there are basically 2 entries, one for my husband and the other for me, followed by almost 1 1/2 page blank section (s15 noted on top right). The notes then proceed to Criminality which shows passed.

Would ordering another GCMS notes so soon show any changes? - lots of people who have recently ordered have posted they got extensions
As you said, the application looks in good shape so I guess just have to wait it out!

simranh

Jun 29, 2017
It looks like your Security is currently in progress or might even be completed since your security info has been redacted from the note. Just stay calm and wait for any Ghost Update and PPR.
Thank you ... do hope so too!! Wait is all we can do... :)

Vvek

Star Member
Jul 16, 2018
Hi @legalfalcon @caipsnotes

Hope you are doing awesome. I called IRCC today via a virtual number ( You said to wait it out and be patient but I couldn't).

This is what I got:
AOR: July 23, 2020 (Outland, PNP)
Criminality: In progress
Security: In progress

The agent said everything seems fine for now. She said my criminality and security is in progress and after it is done the officer will then make a decision.

Question: What I don't know is if my eligibility is recommended passed or conclusively passed? The agent told me that my eligibility is passed and once criminality & security is done, the officer will then again check my file and do the needful. Can you please guide?

Question: How long does it take to clear criminality (bio done on Nov 20) and security? and how come my criminality and security is in process at the same time??

Question: Is security the reason I didn't receive my GCMS notes and was asked an extension of 90 days?

Thank you so much!!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

Hope you are doing awesome. I called IRCC today via a virtual number ( You said to wait it out and be patient but I couldn't).

This is what I got:
AOR: July 23, 2020 (Outland, PNP)
Criminality: In progress
Security: In progress

The agent said everything seems fine for now. She said my criminality and security is in progress and after it is done the officer will then make a decision.

Question: What I don't know is if my eligibility is recommended passed or conclusively passed? The agent told me that my eligibility is passed and once criminality & security is done, the officer will then again check my file and do the needful. Can you please guide?

Question: How long does it take to clear criminality (bio done on Nov 20) and security? and how come my criminality and security is in process at the same time??

Question: Is security the reason I didn't receive my GCMS notes and was asked an extension of 90 days?

Thank you so much!!
The security will usually start after eligibility is conclusively passed, so if your security has been initiated, you can assume that eligibility is conclusively passed.

Criminality is usually passed early in the process given that your PCCs and biometrics was provided. If your biometrics was pending, your criminality would be pending to. However, when biometrics are pending, they do not place on hold the other stages, which progress as usual. If you have provided the biometrics, your criminality should not take much time. However, currently due to office closures and limited staff many applications are taking way longer. So be patient.

The processing of your application has no bearing on the release of GCMS notes. IRCC has already clarified this:

The extensions or delays in the release of the GCMS notes is due to administrative reasons as a result of limited operational capacity at the end of IRCC.