+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta work permit

hsn005

Star Member
Nov 29, 2014
during Covid19 lockdown period, Alberta had stopped giving work peemits to foreigners for immigration purpose. when it will be opened? please help

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Provinces don’t issue work permits. The Canadian government issues them & they are being processed but slowly. What work permit are you eligible for? If you are asking I assume you have a job offer in Alberta. Does the employer have a positive LMIA. If so, you apply for a closed work permit.
What is your NOC?

Last edited:

hsn005

Star Member
Nov 29, 2014
Provinces don’t issue work permits. The Canadian government issues them & they are being processed but slowly. What work permit are you eligible for? If you are asking I assume you have a job offer in Alberta. Does the employer have a positive LMIA. If so, you apply for a closed work permit.
What is your NOC?
i was trying to get an offer but the consultant told me that work permits are banned now by canadian govt due to covid19.
thats why i raised this question
can u please share a link where it is written that work permits are again being issued

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What do you want to know? Work permits are still being issued as posted in the link. Read the ministerial instructions for more details. Without knowing your NOC, you most likely need a job offer with a LMIA and only then can you apply for a closed work permit.

Reactions: scylla