+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Tech Pathway - Will company like RBC be a company that could be acceptable for it?

s4mch3f

Sep 22, 2022
Hi,

I was wondering whether applying for the Alberta Tech Pathway was okay if I got a job with RBC as a software developer and worked in Calgary. How do we know the firm is alberta-base? how do you check the NAICS code of it?
Can someone describe it a little more?

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

I was wondering whether applying for the Alberta Tech Pathway was okay if I got a job with RBC as a software developer and worked in Calgary. How do we know the firm is alberta-base? how do you check the NAICS code of it?

Thanks
No. RBC is a Bank so not the NAICS approved code list.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What if i got a job in a company which is NAICS is included, how can I know it’s alberta-base? If RBC was a tech company would it work?
If the company has offices, plant or production in Alberta then it is operating in Alberta. The company has to be willing to support your application.

Alberta job offers must be from an Alberta employer:

• that is incorporated or registered by or under an act of the legislature of a province, territory or the Parliament of Canada and that is operating an established production capacity, plant or a place of business in Alberta

daygamer

Star Member
Feb 6, 2023
Hi,

Thanks
Hi, any update on this? I'm in the same situation. Did you get a reply?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

daygamer

Star Member
Feb 6, 2023
May not as person only asked that question months ago and never returned to the forum.
True, I'm in the same boat. Have a very high crs score 494, data scientist noc code but my company isn't naics eligible. I have however still applied. Waiting for response

s4mch3f

Sep 22, 2022
True, I'm in the same boat. Have a very high crs score 494, data scientist noc code but my company isn't naics eligible. I have however still applied. Waiting for response
Unfortunately I haven’t applied! Update us with your application!