+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Pilot Project How to get a Work Permit?

Vladimir 76

Aug 29, 2014
Hello! Can somebody hep me?
I am residing in Calgary now. I received the Work Permit 1-year under Alberta Pilot Project as a Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic (Off-Road) and I have the approval of the of qualification certification in Alberta. I'm without a certificate now. But I will take an exam and get the certificate before 2015.
1. Can I change my employer?
2. Can I apply for a new work permit under Alberta Pilot Project in occupations like Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic (Off-Road) without having to obtain LMIA or I must find a new employer with LMIA?

TeddyXYZ

Star Member
Oct 1, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2013
LANDED..........
18-06-2014
Sorry to bring you bad news but they closed pilot project:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/occupations.asp

Deadline to apply: Closed.

It's a different story if you obtained one before :)

Vladimir 76

Aug 29, 2014
Thank you!
I received approval of qualification certification in Alberta and arrived to Canada before July,31 2014.
Can I find a new employer without LMO and get the Certificat, as a member of the Pilot Project?
Best regards, Vladimir.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Vladimir 76 said:
Thank you!
I received approval of qualification certification in Alberta and arrived to Canada before July,31 2014.
Can I find a new employer without LMO and get the Certificat, as a member of the Pilot Project?
Best regards, Vladimir.
To the best of my knowledge you need an LMO (now called LMIA) to switch employers since the pilot project has closed.

Calgarian_wife

May 1, 2013
Vladimir 76 said:
Thank you for the help. Tomorrow, I will call to lawyer and try to find out more detail.
You just need Alberta Certificate in your trade in order to receive a two-year open work permit.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Calgarian_wife said:
You just need Alberta Certificate in your trade in order to receive a two-year open work permit.
As per previous posters, it is no longer an option. From CIC

Deadline to apply: Closed

TFWs who work for the province and are certified by Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training (AAIT) can get two-year job-based work permits in one of these jobs:
steamfitter/pipefitter
welder,
heavy-duty equipment mechanic,
ironworker,
millwright/industrial mechanic,
carpenter, and
estimator.

Workers who are certified by the AAIT- can get a work permit that lets them change employers in that field without applying for a new work permit.

Workers who are not certified by the AAIT may apply for a one-year employer-specific work permit in their field. During that year they may become certified and eligible for the job-based work permit.

Calgarian_wife

May 1, 2013
PMM said:
Hi

As per previous posters, it is no longer an option. From CIC

Deadline to apply: Closed

TFWs who work for the province and are certified by Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training (AAIT) can get two-year job-based work permits in one of these jobs:
steamfitter/pipefitter
welder,
heavy-duty equipment mechanic,
ironworker,
millwright/industrial mechanic,
carpenter, and
estimator.

Workers who are certified by the AAIT- can get a work permit that lets them change employers in that field without applying for a new work permit.

Workers who are not certified by the AAIT may apply for a one-year employer-specific work permit in their field. During that year they may become certified and eligible for the job-based work permit.
The project is closed for new applicants. Those who applied before July 31, 2014 and got approved for a one-year employer-specific work permit are already participants of the project and do qualify for a LMIA exempt work permit extension on the condition they get certified by Alberta Industry Training within one year.

sy_123

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Seniors

I have submitted my appilication June 2014 through recruiter to get AAIT approval under pilot project .Also my recruiter has got copy of my AAIT's Approval letter August 21st, 2014. The recruiter forwarded me the copy of letter. But i still not get any letter from AAIT. The copy of letter says

" The Assessment of your work experience in HET trade is completed and we have determined you are eligible for the Qualification Certificate Programme. This allows you to work in this trade in alberta under the supervision of a qualified tradeperson while you challence the required exam for your certification. However you must also have a valid workpermit issued by the Government of Canada"

My question is

1. When can i get my Approved Documents from AAIT

2. CIC website said about deadline July 2014. The dead line for apply to get AAIT approval or Apply workvisa with AAIT approval letter?.

Please explain the details

Thank you

Calgarian_wife

May 1, 2013
sy_123 said:
1. When can i get my Approved Documents from AAIT

2. CIC website said about deadline July 2014. The dead line for apply to get AAIT approval or Apply workvisa with AAIT approval letter?.

Please explain the details

Thank you
1. You will need to challenge AIT exam within the first 6 months of your staying in Canada and working in your trade.
2. It is the deadline for work permit applications. You cannot enter the pilot project. You need LMIA (your potential employer has to apply for one) anyway in order to apply for a work permit.

iammikeywithy

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 5, 2014
AOR Received.
July 8 2014
Med's Request
July 9, 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
july 28, 2014
I would like to ask what should I need to do since pilot project is now closed is there other way to get permanent residency even I'm food counter attendant? And what if my employer promote me as food counter supervisor? Am I qualified in any other program? Please help me :(

iammikeywithy

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 5, 2014
AOR Received.
July 8 2014
Med's Request
July 9, 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
july 28, 2014
TeddyXYZ said:
Sorry to bring you bad news but they closed pilot project:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/occupations.asp

Deadline to apply: Closed.

It's a different story if you obtained one before :)

What do you mean closed?as in forever? Do you have any idea if how can I obtain PR(ainp) I'm a food counter attendant only.

iammikeywithy

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 5, 2014
AOR Received.
July 8 2014
Med's Request
July 9, 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
july 28, 2014
scylla said:
To the best of my knowledge you need an LMO (now called LMIA) to switch employers since the pilot project has closed.
Scylla what can you suggest to me to get PR (AINP) I'm a food counter attendant and will get a promotion after 3 mos. What program should I need to apply? I really want to stay in canadsa for good hope you will help me or anyone on this forum. Thanks

sy_123

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vladimir 76 said:
Hello! Can somebody hep me?
I am residing in Calgary now. I received the Work Permit 1-year under Alberta Pilot Project as a Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic (Off-Road) and I have the approval of the of qualification certification in Alberta. I'm without a certificate now. But I will take an exam and get the certificate before 2015.
1. Can I change my employer?
2. Can I apply for a new work permit under Alberta Pilot Project in occupations like Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic (Off-Road) without having to obtain LMIA or I must find a new employer with LMIA?
Hi vladimir 76/seniors

I have got AIT approval for HET - Truck and Transport Mechanic. But i am not able to find job offer from Alberta Employer. Please let me know that
1. How can i find job offfer from employers for apply workpermit?
2. Can i find job offer from anly alberta employers?
Thank you

Reactions: Hilmy

susana

Nov 4, 2008
iammikeywithy said:
Scylla what can you suggest to me to get PR (AINP) I'm a food counter attendant and will get a promotion after 3 mos. What program should I need to apply? I really want to stay in canadsa for good hope you will help me or anyone on this forum. Thanks

There are no options at this moment for food counter attendants or food service supervisors to apply for PR . There are lots of people working in Canada in the same position as you. With all the new changes, there are no options to keep extending work permits as before.