+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta or Prince Edward Island

Anushamca08

Jul 22, 2019
Dear Members,

I was a software developer having PG in marketing and bachelor's in computers. I worked for almost 2years in teaching field and later moved to IT sector.

In the year 2017 I moved to USA along with my hubby on H4. As it is impossible to work being a dependent, I decided to apply for Canada PR.

Now, my CRS score is 349 (without my spouse points) and my IELTS score is RWSL - 6.5/6.5/7/7.5 FIRST ATTEMPT. I have one year kid to take so ncare and not in a mood to give a second attempt.

I told my agency to apply for Alberta and they also suggested me Prince Edward. My NOC code is 2174,

So my question is- are these right provinces ? Is there any chance my profile gets picked up?

Nsidhu

Apr 27, 2019
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-06-2019
Prince Edward is a small island.. better try somewhere else

Anushamca08

Jul 22, 2019
Thanks for your kind reply. Is Alberta good then ? What is the possibility that my profile gets picked up for this province ? My CRS score is 349 (without my spouse points )

Prince Edward is a small island.. better try somewhere else

sumeetpingale

Star Member
Apr 29, 2019
Thanks for your kind reply. Is Alberta good then ? What is the possibility that my profile gets picked up for this province ? My CRS score is 349 (without my spouse points )
Alberta has more job opportunities for techie than in PEI. With this CRS there is less chance, but don't loose hopes.
If you ask me you should have gone for one more attempt and try to get 8777 LRWS to get better chances of being nominated for Alberta.
Meanwhile, submit an EOI for PEI PNP and wait in the pool.

Anushamca08

Jul 22, 2019
Alberta has more job opportunities for techie than in PEI. With this CRS is there is less change, but don't loose hope.
If you ask me you should have gone for one more attempt and try to get 8777 LRWS to get better chances of being nominated for Alberta.
Meanwhile, submit an EOI for PEI PNP and wait in the pool.
Thanks for your reply friend, but Alberta minimum score is 300 and do I decided to be in the pool anyhow. Writing it again is something I am thinking as a last option. Because, for PNP CRS score does not matter except human capital factor .what do u suggest?

sumeetpingale

Star Member
Apr 29, 2019
Thanks for your reply friend, but Alberta minimum score is 300 and do I decided to be in the pool anyhow. Writing it again is something I am thinking as a last option. Because, for PNP CRS score does not matter except human capital factor .what do u suggest?
Minimum score as 300 doesn't gurantee it is open for your NOC too. It depends on the NOC what you are applying for.
So I'll suggest you to improve your score by giving IELTS again.
One of my friend has same NOC as yours with CRS 390 from Sept 2018 and he still hasn't got NOI.

coolcham

Jun 12, 2019
Category........
PNP
I have just 244 CRS SCORE. Am I get chance to have invitation on Alberta PNP with no 2282?