App. Filed.......
12-December-2015
Med's Request
29-December-2015
Med's Done....
01-February-2016
Passport Req..
06-May-2016
I have completed my studies in Alberta and has been offered a job related to my field. However, its a 12 month contract and usually this company renews the contract on yearly basis.

My question is, am I eligible to apply for AOS after gaining 6 months of experience? Because by then, I'd have only 6 months left in the contract. Does that make me ineligible?

colinle20

Jun 5, 2023
Alberta
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
26-05-2023
AOR Received.
15-09-2023
Med's Done....
08-11-2023
I have completed my studies in Alberta and has been offered a job related to my field. However, its a 12 month contract and usually this company renews the contract on yearly basis.

My question is, am I eligible to apply for AOS after gaining 6 months of experience? Because by then, I'd have only 6 months left in the contract. Does that make me ineligible?
As long as it's a full time position (for a minimum of 30 hours a week). 12 months contract is enough. You're good to apply for AOS.

colinle20

Jun 5, 2023
Alberta
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
26-05-2023
AOR Received.
15-09-2023
Med's Done....
08-11-2023
Eligible job offers
For all applicants, including PGWP holders, at the time your application is submitted, and at the time the AAIP assesses your application, you must have a bona fide full-time job offer or employment contract from an Alberta employer to work in your current occupation in Alberta.

Your Alberta employer must be incorporated or registered by or under an act of the legislature of a province, territory, or the Parliament of Canada and operating as a business that has an established production capability, plant or place of business in Alberta.

Your job offer or employment contract must be signed by you and your Alberta employer and must offer:

• continuous, paid work
  • full-time work, defined as a minimum of 30 hours per week
  • employment for 12 months or more
  • work in your current occupation
  • wages and benefits that meet provincial minimum wage and:
    • meet or exceed the requirements set out in your LMIA, or
    • if you are LMIA exempt, meet or exceed the lowest starting wage for your occupation across all industries in Alberta as set out on the Alis website
    • exceptions for NOC 41302 – Religious leaders and NOC 42204 – Religion workers:
      • If your job offer is LMIA exempt, your wages and benefits must meet or exceed minimum wage.
      • Meal and lodging deductions that meet Employment Standards are permitted. Proof of employee authorization of deductions is required.
      • Important: If you submitted your application on or before November 15, 2022 review the NOC 2016 version of the wage requirement for religious workers (PDF, 527 KB) for religious workers that apply to you.
  • work for an eligible AAIP occupation for which you have a work permit that meets AAIP work permit requirements
    • Note: The update of the NOC to the NOC 2021 version does not affect the validity of LMIAs and LMIA based work permits issued under the NOC 2016 version.
You must meet the terms agreed to in your job offer or employment contract at the time of your application is submitted and at the time the AAIP assesses your application.