+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Opportunity Stream (AOS) 2020 Timeline

faiqsheikh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2017
This is my pfofile pls do let me confirm ami I eligible or not?

- IELTS : CLB 7
- Education : ECA equivalent to Master in Microbiology
- Experience : 2.5 years ( Instructor in university) 4011
- Age 30
- Ties : Brotehrs in law lives in ALberta since 18 years.

priyanka77

Feb 17, 2021
Hi guys,
I have applied for AOS on 24th March 2021, how long does it takes to assess the application?
Employed: full time
CLB:7
NOC: 2282
Studied in Alberta
Please share timeline

mshah95

Jun 26, 2020
Hello,

I have recently completed one year of experience under NOC - D 6711 (Food Counter Attendant) and according to the AINP website, I am eligible to apply for the AOS stream so I am planning to apply for that. But in a month or so I am about to get a promotion to NOC -B Food Service Supervisor. Will my application still be considered if my

Esumalinog

Nov 21, 2018
Hello! Im wondering if someone here knows..

I was a cook when I got nominated. I went to a 1 year maternity leave. And now its been 2months since my maternity leave was done and my employer cant put me back to work Yet. Can I work on a different NOC? Not related to my original NOC?

Heres my Timeline;
AR : JUNE 2020
AOR & BIOMETRICS: JANUARY 2021
Since then, no update.

mshah95

Jun 26, 2020
pgwp
noc 8432
file # date may 8 2020
noi july 28 2020
Hey,
Were you working on the same noc after you completed your one year experience and submitted your profile. Asking this because I am on LMIA noc d and want to apply under AOS stream after one year experience but the thing is I only have one year on my closed worked permit. Therefore my employer Is getting me another LMIA under NOC B but it what be after my application is submitted. Do you have any idea if this will work? and how was application process?

Tavia

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
Hey my partner us currently working in Alberta while I am going to school. He will almost reach the 1 year mark, can he apply for AOS?

John_22

Oct 21, 2018
Hi! I applied for Alberta Opportunity Stream January 2020. I got layed off from work since March 2020 because of Covid, an AINP officer called me on May 4, 2020 asking if I am still working, that is a week after AINP emailed about the changes to application due to Covid. I told her I am currently lay off so she told me she cannot process my application until I can get back to work either to my employer or to find another employer as long as it on the same NOC. And right now she put my application on hold for 60 days.

I am currently 8months pregnant and probably would give birth middle of June 2020, thats 7 weeks more. I explained it to her and she told me once I give birth and applied fot maternity leave and still haven't got back to work my application will be cancelled. I am under PGWP and my permit will expire June 2021 exactly 1 year of my maternity leave. My timing is pretty tight now because of Covid. And the officer didnt understand my situation that its because of this virus I was layed off and I have no choice but to stay home (by the way I am a cook). And also knowing I already have 1year work experience to be qualified to apply for AINP thats why I was confident before I received a call from an officer. Any advice would be very helpful. Thank you!
Is your occupation related to your studies in Alberta? I was thinking if an applicant can apply with unrelated qualifications?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Can an applicant whose job is a Supervisor and studied a Administrative Professional courses apply to AOS? Please I need guidance on this since I will be applying soon. Thank you.
If you and your employer meet requirements then yes. Only you know if you are eligible.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What are the requirements to meet in order to qualify? I heard some rumors that an applicant who graduated in AB as an HR and works as a Retail Supervisor, they got nominated under AOS but Im not 100% sure since there was no evidence shown by them that its true or accurate.
Did you read the requirements on the AINP-AOS. It is all there.

John_22

Oct 21, 2018
Hi! I applied for Alberta Opportunity Stream January 2020. I got layed off from work since March 2020 because of Covid, an AINP officer called me on May 4, 2020 asking if I am still working, that is a week after AINP emailed about the changes to application due to Covid. I told her I am currently lay off so she told me she cannot process my application until I can get back to work either to my employer or to find another employer as long as it on the same NOC. And right now she put my application on hold for 60 days.

I am currently 8months pregnant and probably would give birth middle of June 2020, thats 7 weeks more. I explained it to her and she told me once I give birth and applied fot maternity leave and still haven't got back to work my application will be cancelled. I am under PGWP and my permit will expire June 2021 exactly 1 year of my maternity leave. My timing is pretty tight now because of Covid. And the officer didnt understand my situation that its because of this virus I was layed off and I have no choice but to stay home (by the way I am a cook). And also knowing I already have 1year work experience to be qualified to apply for AINP thats why I was confident before I received a call from an officer. Any advice would be very helpful. Thank you!
Did you get back to work within 60 days?