+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Master of Computer Science Program

syedb

Aug 16, 2009
Hi Everyone,

I am unable to find a Master of Computer Science (course work) program in any of the university in Alberta. Its surprising rather shocking.

I have four year Bachelor degree in CS with 3.47 CGPA and more then 8 years of related experience of working as business analyst in Pakistan. Interested to join a the above mentioned program for Jan-14 intake.

I would appreciate if someone can guide.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
syedb said:
Hi Everyone,

I am unable to find a Master of Computer Science (course work) program in any of the university in Alberta. Its surprising rather shocking.

I have four year Bachelor degree in CS with 3.47 CGPA and more then 8 years of related experience of working as business analyst in Pakistan. Interested to join a the above mentioned program for Jan-14 intake.

I would appreciate if someone can guide.
R u serious?i am surprised by a simple google search i found this in university of albetra...
https://www.cs.ualberta.ca/prospective-students/graduate-studies/msc-program

Nur1990

Jul 25, 2013
Hello friends,

I have done my btech(ece) in 2012 n scored 70%. I got 70% in 10th n 60% in 12th. I have applied for IBM course in mohawk college. My ielts band is 6. I have applied for sept. Intake but my visa got rejected now i want to apply for jan. Intake plz suggest me course n college according to my degree so that i pursue my further study anywhere in canada. Plzzzz rply and suggest .

syedb

Aug 16, 2009
Hi,

I know what you have recommended but its a research based masters. This program requires GRE nd 7 Band of IELTS. Plus there is no winter intake but only fall for which the deadline is January.

I would appreciate if someone can help to suggest a Graduate Program in Computer Sciences which does not require IELTS and have Winter Intake in Alberta or elsewhere.

Thanks

muchobliged

Star Member
May 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
syedb said:
Hi,

I know what you have recommended but its a research based masters. This program requires GRE nd 7 Band of IELTS. Plus there is no winter intake but only fall for which the deadline is January.

I would appreciate if someone can help to suggest a Graduate Program in Computer Sciences which does not require IELTS and have Winter Intake in Alberta or elsewhere.

Thanks
Are you from Pakistan then you have to give IELTS or I say you almost and should give IELTS. It's easy and you will get 7.5 or 8 easily. I gave IELTS after 2 day prep. I got a date after 5 days, speaking test was after 3 days and others after 5.

Almost all universities require IELTS and if you don't prefer it then TOFEL it is. Even the checklist of visa say its recommended to attach IELTS certificate with the application. Why weaken your chance?