+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (H1B Holders) CIC Process

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
Do you currently live in Ohio?
Did you check this thread?

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t15625.0.html;msg67608#msg67608

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
yes it is better to provide them so you won't have my problem :))
If you live in a state other than Ohio then you need to provide fingerprints... and to get them you need to call 877-224-0043...
They don't answer right away... so need to be patient and wait for around 5-10 minutes until they answer... they ask for your address and they email all the forms required...

The cost is 22 dollars and they only receive money order.. ahhh... and you need to provide one many money per request.... so if you have spouse and 2 kids then you'll need to provide 4 money orders... at least that's what they told me....

BTW I sent my request today.... hopefully they won't take too long...... when you call them if you could please ask them for the processing time and post it ... that would be great!!

I hope this helps....

poppyjml said:
ingegarcia said:
My experience...
for Ohio PCC I called them to find out about the fingerprint cards and they mailed them to me... for FBI I requested fingerprint cards just to make sure..
hi ingegarcia, can you share how you applied for ohio pcc. i'm just waiting for my aor and med request and am planning on getting state pccs as well.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
I have already requested all State PCCs... NH just took 5 minutes... so I am waiting for OH and FL...
I already requested the Mexican tourist visa, it took 2 days and I got it for 10 years... wohoooo!!!.... funny last time it took 1 month to process and was granted for 1 month... I am happy anyway!!!

So now I am planning for a quick travel to Monterrey and Mexico City... who knows when b/c I'll need to request 20 days with my employer..... hopefully in 1-2 months I'll be able to go...
In 15 days approx I'll be sending whatever PCCs I have along with the RFPR and I'll request additional 2 months just in case....

What frustrates me the most is that the CIC website states that the officer will send instructions to get the Mexican police certificate if you live outside of Mexico... however no instructions were attached to my letter....

BTW congratulations to all who have recently received AOR/Medicals!!!

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
ingegarcia said:
I have already requested all State PCCs... NH just took 5 minutes... so I am waiting for OH and FL...
I already requested the Mexican tourist visa, it took 2 days and I got it for 10 years... wohoooo!!!.... funny last time it took 1 month to process and was granted for 1 month... I am happy anyway!!!

So now I am planning for a quick travel to Monterrey and Mexico City... who knows when b/c I'll need to request 20 days with my employer..... hopefully in 1-2 months I'll be able to go...
In 15 days approx I'll be sending whatever PCCs I have along with the RFPR and I'll request additional 2 months just in case....

What frustrates me the most is that the CIC website states that the officer will send instructions to get the Mexican police certificate if you live outside of Mexico... however no instructions were attached to my letter....

BTW congratulations to all who have recently received AOR/Medicals!!!
ingegarcia
cool man you are on top of your game

divagirl

Jan 8, 2009
peter_s said:
Thanks ell.bbe and divagirl.
divagirl did u use fingerprint card or the internet printout??

divagirl said:
peter_s said:
some questions to the seniors regarding the fbi record check. I am sending the internet print out of fingerprint form from www.fbi.gov.
in the cover letter there is an option for us to choose reason for expeditious handling(optional). what did you folks choose in your case??
also I am using my credit card for the payment so I filled the credit card information form. on the website on#3 option it says Credit cards will not be used for expedited mail services. what is this about? are there anything to conside before i send my request to fbi. can anyone give me some idea please.
Even without sending expedited service , i got my fbi records in 1.5 weeks. Can you wait till that time?
The sheriff's office that i went to had fingerprint cards without address printed on them. I used these for FBI. When you ask from each state for fingerprint cards, they print their return address and send it to be finger printed. I got even two extra cards with no address, just in case I make a mistake. It was just like - ok... 1 more printout of your fingerprints (electronic fingerprinting advantage!!!)

Manny

Dec 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 30, 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2009 CIC App. Filed.: Mar 15, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Request
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 15, 2010 File transferred: Nov 10, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
I recollect an earlier post indicating it takes 2 to 3 months after AOR etc. to get passport stamped and returned.
So it is about 5-6 months from submission to CIC to get stamped passport. Is this timeline affected adversely due to the increased load on AINP and other PNPs? I guess not.....

yrinaldy said:
Congrats Agrisiva.

Seems it takes ~ 11 weeks since submission to CIC until you get AOR + Medical request.

Good luck to all.

agrisiva said:
Hi guys!

Yesterday, I got my AOR and request for medical test to be done within 60 days. But there was no date on their letter to calculate that :(

They received my CIC appln on Feb 20 and mailed my AOR on May 6th. My NOC # 2171.

dipen

Star Member
Nov 4, 2008
some questions to the seniors,

After the nomination certificate is received do i just fax PN Acknowledgement form? And what do I do with the PN status update form. is that just for my personal record ?

Regarding the proof of fund where on the website does it say that alberta nominee do not require to show proof of fund? I am sorry I am not that clear regarding the proof of fund. Can anyone make me clear on this.

I took my photograph according to cic picture requirement back on dec 08 can I use the same photograph or do I have to use the most recent photograph. I am also sending the same photo for the home pcc. all i am doing is sending the photo as an email attachment so that it can be photo printed and used for home pcc. will this work? I 'll really appreciate any informations regardig this matter.

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
dipen said:
After the nomination certificate is received do i just fax PN Acknowledgement form?
I faxed it, and sent them a scanned copy in an e-mail.

And what do I do with the PN status update form. is that just for my personal record ?
It is for exactly what it says it is - if your status/address/etc changes, use a copy of this form to keep AB informed. This is very critical.

Regarding the proof of fund where on the website does it say that alberta nominee do not require to show proof of fund?
Check Appendix A for Buffalo

I took my photograph according to cic picture requirement back on dec 08 can I use the same photograph or do I have to use the most recent photograph.
Photo should be taken in the past few months - imo you should be okay.

I am also sending the same photo for the home pcc. all i am doing is sending the photo as an email attachment so that it can be photo printed and used for home pcc. will this work? I 'll really appreciate any informations regardig this matter.
Ask your local mama/thulla/constable.

chaudri786

Star Member
Jul 18, 2008
Hi Ell.Bee or Peter_s,

Did you take your FBI finger printing by yourself or did you go to any local sheriff's office.

Thanks

Gixxer750

Apr 16, 2009
Dallas, TX
Gixxer750 said:
I have PCCs from all the places i lived except Texas. i have sent them the Finger print card but i am yet to get the PCC.
in the mean time, I came across the below DPS site which does the criminal history check for texas based on name, DOB race etc.

https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/DPS_WEB/Portal/index.aspx

do you guys think this should be enough for Texas PCC?
Can anybody Please answer this??

6SigmaMBB

Star Member
Mar 11, 2009
Folks,

I just received my nomination docs and this is all I have been mailed by AINP:
1) A letter confirming the nomination with an orange label.
2) Confirmation of acceptance
3) PN ackw form
4) PN Status update
5) A sheet with list of job related websites.

I dont have checklists of any sorts, no info on wht the future stages are going to be etc..Did everyone here receive similar docs during the nomination process?

I know some of the docs required for me to submit to the consulate in Buffalo, but can someone point to me a website(?) or previous post (link?) which calls out the comprehensive list of all the docs required to be submitted?

Also, can someone share ballpark expenses one will incur during this process?

Thanks in advance.

-6Sigma