+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (H1B Holders) CIC Process

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
Harry2500 said:
Hi Guys

Could you tell CIC received my medicals on april 27th and I haven't received my landing fee/PCC request.Did any one of you send there Landing fee/PCC before its request.please help
harry,

i have not recieved request from cic but have already sent RPR fee and will be sending
the state pcc once i recieve the request.... my india pcc & fbi has already been sent..

poppyjml

Star Member
Nov 1, 2008
I'm quite confused about the fees.
Is the 465 USD the RPRF? Or is that just the processing fee?

I paid the 465 USD when I sent my application to CIC, and now I'm not sure if there's still something I need to pay them.

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
poppyjml said:

I paid the 465 USD when I sent my application to CIC, and now I'm not sure if there's still something I need to pay them.
That is just processing fee RPRF is about $415.you pay that b4 PR is issued.

AlbertaCitizen

Star Member
Apr 11, 2009
rascojenkins said:
poppyjml said:

This is wrong. (RPRF) Right of Permenent residence fees is 490 CAD and PR Application fees is 550 CAD or 465 USD.

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
AlbertaCitizen said:
rascojenkins said:
poppyjml said:

This is wrong. (RPRF) Right of Permenent residence fees is 490 CAD and PR Application fees is 550 CAD or 465 USD.

at NY consulate RPRF is 490 CAD or 415 USD

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
AlbertaCitizen said:
rascojenkins said:
poppyjml said:

Psych

poppyjml

Star Member
Nov 1, 2008
ok, thank you all for clearing that up.
two more question,
1) will cic ever send a mail or email requesting to send RPRF?
2) the rprf should also be made payable to canadian consulate general right?

for the 1st question, I'm asking as i'm worried of just sending it to buffalo right now because they might transfer my case to a different office right after i've sent the RPRF.

sandar

Apr 15, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
05/2009
AOR Received.
11/2009
File Transfer...
01/2010
Med's Request
12/2009
Med's Done....
12/2009
Passport Req..
?
Thanks for answering my questions, but still 1 question left:

WHAT DO THEY ASK AT THE INTERVIEW? Does anyone knows?

AlbertaCitizen

Star Member
Apr 11, 2009
sandar said:
Thanks for answering my questions, but still 1 question left:

WHAT DO THEY ASK AT THE INTERVIEW? Does anyone knows?
Historically, Interviews are conducted in certain cases where Visa Officer finds something to figure out through face to face discussion. This happens while they run background check. This reason can be anything. It has nothing like good or bad it is all about Visa officer's discretion and outcome of back ground check.

In some cases where applicant served in the Army in his country and he claimed himself as a non-combat employee or reserve employee, so through interview they want to make sure that applicant was a non-combat employee and served in a position where he is not a trained combat person*. These are the things which is not disclosed in background check or somehow the Army of certain countries deny to provide this information that person was a combat or non-combat. In these types of interview, Generally, One expert and visa officer togetherly interview the person.

In regular courses, typical questions are:

What you have been doing in past 10 years?
Do you have any other spouse in other country?
What are reasons for this migration to Canada?
Will you be successfully able to settle in Canada?
Did you find any job yet? if not How confident you feel yourself?
What other languages you speak?

*Combat person: Person having practical traning of Fire Arms and Ammunitions which could be a risk to the security of Country.

Harry2500

Star Member
Nov 13, 2008
Hello

My sate PCC's are going to expire by the end of this month , I am confuse a bit should I send my state PCC's with out request or wait till they ask for it

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
Harry2500 said:
Hello

My sate PCC's are going to expire by the end of this month , I am confuse a bit should I send my state PCC's with out request or wait till they ask for it
my suggestion would be to just send it as it is closing to expiry ... anyways
if they need fresh ones they can always come back

sandar

Apr 15, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
05/2009
AOR Received.
11/2009
File Transfer...
01/2010
Med's Request
12/2009
Med's Done....
12/2009
Passport Req..
?
Hi,
I have couple of questions for everyone:
If you are appling in Buffulo do they allways transfer the case to NY?
If they do, do we have to send a second set of PCC to NY too (all originals)? Even if you didn't leave USA?
If you are appling in Buffulo do they accept US dollars too(just to conform)?

bendjoe

Aug 23, 2008
sandar said:
Hi,
If you are appling in Buffulo do they allways transfer the case to NY? Sometimes they transfer to another Visa office. You can choose yours.
If they do, do we have to send a second set of PCC to NY too (all originals)? Even if you didn't leave USA? Depends on whether it expired.ie. is it 3 months from the date of issue and the date CIC started processing your file.
If you are appling in Buffulo do they accept US dollars too(just to conform)? You can pay in either USD or CAD.

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
sandar said:
Hi,
If you are appling in Buffulo do they allways transfer the case to NY?
If they do, do we have to send a second set of PCC to NY too (all originals)? Even if you didn't leave USA?
If you are appling in Buffulo do they accept US dollars too(just to conform)?
They do not transfer all the cases and some people are also luck that they don't ask for another set of PCC But they do ask other