+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program | (AINP) - 2021

Manavjee

Star Member
May 23, 2022
Yes, every step will be shown in the portal. If it still showing "Submitted" it means that no officer has touched your file yet. If it changes to "Info Requested" it means that the officer sent an email to you AND/OR your boss. In most cases, only your boss gets the e-mail, so you'll need to ask him to answer the officer. I'm not sure how long are the processing times currently, it's better if you take a look at recent timelines. The last time I checked, the processing times increased.
Dear Brother,

Thank you for your reply. Please answer my following questions if you know.
1) What is the chances of getting a nomination certificate? Although my CRS is 378 lower than yours. (I have submitted my job reference letter including tax clearance certificate and pay slips. I am an MBA Graduate and have a job offer from Alberta.
2) Do you mean that, if the status does not change into " Info requested" my boss has not received an email ? Or they send email to my boss without notifying in the portal?
3)Will there be a chance of deciding the application without enquiring on the basis of documents submitted? (For instance, currently my application status is submitted and they process my application internally and post the decision in the portal.)
4) Do you have any rough idea that how long maximally they can take for the final decision ?

leonrdoandrade

Star Member
Jun 19, 2021
Dear Brother,

Thank you for your reply. Please answer my following questions if you know.
1) What is the chances of getting a nomination certificate? Although my CRS is 378 lower than yours. (I have submitted my job reference letter including tax clearance certificate and pay slips. I am an MBA Graduate and have a job offer from Alberta.
2) Do you mean that, if the status does not change into " Info requested" my boss has not received an email ? Or they send email to my boss without notifying in the portal?
3)Will there be a chance of deciding the application without enquiring on the basis of documents submitted? (For instance, currently my application status is submitted and they process my application internally and post the decision in the portal.)
4) Do you have any rough idea that how long maximally they can take for the final decision ?
Hey, sure.
1) If you got your NOI and you match the program criteria, just submit the documents they're asking and you'll get your nomination certificate after a few weeks/months.
2) If the status changes to "info requested" that's already the notification in the portal meaning that your boss probably received an e-mail. You may also receive an e-mail asking for additional documents at this level. In my experience, I AND my boss received an email when my status changed to "info requested.
3) Yes! It's rare, but it can happen. In that case, the status would change from "Submitted" > "Application Assigned for Assessment" > "Certificate Issued".
4) Sorry, I'm not sure how long are the current timelines. You can check that on immitracker - AINP (google it and you'll find it)

Good luck

ilikesnow

Apr 19, 2022
Sydney
NOC Code......
Did anyone who comes under Tech pathway NOC got NOI under normal AINP EE since start of Tech Pathway? Just wondering if they're inviting Tech Pathway NOC's in their normal round of invitations as well?

Manavjee

Star Member
May 23, 2022
Hey, sure.
1) If you got your NOI and you match the program criteria, just submit the documents they're asking and you'll get your nomination certificate after a few weeks/months.
2) If the status changes to "info requested" that's already the notification in the portal meaning that your boss probably received an e-mail. You may also receive an e-mail asking for additional documents at this level. In my experience, I AND my boss received an email when my status changed to "info requested.
3) Yes! It's rare, but it can happen. In that case, the status would change from "Submitted" > "Application Assigned for Assessment" > "Certificate Issued".
4) Sorry, I'm not sure how long are the current timelines. You can check that on immitracker - AINP (google it and you'll find it)

Good luck
Hello,

Sorry to bother you.

1) Will the status change and email receive be simultaneous? Or, they send an email first( info requested) and then update the status? Or they update status as " info requested" then later they email?
2) Whatever they do, they update in their local time like in their office time or we may receive the email or status update in the portal at any time? For instance, we are 11: 45 hrs ahead than Canada time. I check my email after mid-night because they do their work there at that time.
3) Since, you have received your certificate in November and ITA during that month and It has been already 6 months, have you reached to Canada?
4)Do you have any idea that how can we check the application numbers are being processed especially in the AINP Express entry stream ? The website only states Alberta Opportunity Stream.
5) My previous company's boss 's email address has bee changed and he is no longer use that email account. He even cannot access that email. In this case, what should we do? Do they send email to the previous company's boss too although it is written on the website.

leonrdoandrade

Star Member
Jun 19, 2021
Hello,

Sorry to bother you.

1) Will the status change and email receive be simultaneous? Or, they send an email first( info requested) and then update the status? Or they update status as " info requested" then later they email?
2) Whatever they do, they update in their local time like in their office time or we may receive the email or status update in the portal at any time? For instance, we are 11: 45 hrs ahead than Canada time. I check my email after mid-night because they do their work there at that time.
3) Since, you have received your certificate in November and ITA during that month and It has been already 6 months, have you reached to Canada?
4)Do you have any idea that how can we check the application numbers are being processed especially in the AINP Express entry stream ? The website only states Alberta Opportunity Stream.
5) My previous company's boss 's email address has bee changed and he is no longer use that email account. He even cannot access that email. In this case, what should we do? Do they send email to the previous company's boss too although it is written on the website.
1) In my case, the status updated to "info requested" and I only got the e-mail after 2 hours.
2) When I was in the AINP process, they only worked and updated the AINP website during business hours in Canada. No need to check during weekends, for example.
3) I haven't reached Canada yet, will do it in September. But I did receive my COPR though.. my application processing time was quite fast compared to many others that are still waiting after 1-2 years now.
4) For Alberta express entry stream there's no other way to check rather than the status on your own application page. You can check the NOCs that are having longer processing times. If your NOC is in that list, you can expect some delays
5) As far as I know, they don't contact previous employers IF you are currently in a job for more than a year. If your previous company was the most recent work experience in your work history and you provided the old e-mail from your boss, you have to get in touch with them by e-mail asap to let them know which e-mail is currently being used.

Manavjee

Star Member
May 23, 2022
1) In my case, the status updated to "info requested" and I only got the e-mail after 2 hours.
2) When I was in the AINP process, they only worked and updated the AINP website during business hours in Canada. No need to check during weekends, for example.
3) I haven't reached Canada yet, will do it in September. But I did receive my COPR though.. my application processing time was quite fast compared to many others that are still waiting after 1-2 years now.
4) For Alberta express entry stream there's no other way to check rather than the status on your own application page. You can check the NOCs that are having longer processing times. If your NOC is in that list, you can expect some delays
5) As far as I know, they don't contact previous employers IF you are currently in a job for more than a year. If your previous company was the most recent work experience in your work history and you provided the old e-mail from your boss, you have to get in touch with them by e-mail asap to let them know which e-mail is currently being used.
Thank you so much for your response. I am grateful to you. Would you mind sharing your timeline apart from the Nomination "Certificate issued" date? I would anticipate according to your timeline. I am so anxious that it is written on the website that it may take at least 3-4 months to be processed whereas recently it is said that the express entry should be processed within 6 months. If so, I should get my decision now and apply to the IRCC. So that, my application would be processed within 6 months. As said earlier, I received my NOI on 30 May and submitted my application on 4 May. What do that 6 months mean? When does it actually start?

Shivani29

Star Member
Jan 28, 2021
Dear Naturgrl

You wrote that Alberta is only approving PNP from those living and working in Alberta.

Is this a temporary thing as i will be applying from INDIA.

Manavjee

Star Member
May 23, 2022
Dear Naturgrl

You wrote that Alberta is only approving PNP from those living and working in Alberta.

Is this a temporary thing as i will be applying from INDIA.
In my opinion, they are not only approving inland PNP but also outlanders. Since they sent an NOI, they will definitely approve the outlanders' file too. I think, as stated on their website, they select the file, not on the basis of who is living where? Instead, they select the file randomly on the basis of application completeness, market demand, and employment necessity.

Jerry1998

Star Member
Jun 2, 2021
In my opinion, they are not only approving inland PNP but also outlanders. Since they sent an NOI, they will definitely approve the outlanders' file too. I think, as stated on their website, they select the file, not on the basis of who is living where? Instead, they select the file randomly on the basis of application completeness, market demand, and employment necessity.
no, u are wrong, if u choose to apply for AINP non express entry, which u will be sponsored by the province to apply for PR, which means u are fully obligated to live and work within Alberta until u have PR card in ur hand. On the other hand, if u choose to apply PNP express entry then u can be an outlander applicant

rdk0712

Apr 14, 2022
Hello friends,

Did anyone receive NOI from Alberta for NOC 2132 ? My CRS is 427 ( Outlander with no job or connections to the province). EE profile created on 4th Dec'21.

Manavjee

Star Member
May 23, 2022
Hello friends,

Did anyone receive NOI from Alberta for NOC 2132 ? My CRS is 427 ( Outlander with no job or connections to the province). EE profile created on 4th Dec'21.
I received an NOI(NOC 0113) on 30 March 2022 and I am also an outlander. My CRS is lower than yours however I have received a job offer. I am waiting for my decision and it is already more than 1 month. A few people have shared their experience that they have received their Nomination certificate in 38-48 days. So, I am hoping to receive the nomination certificate within 10-15 days.

ilikesnow

Apr 19, 2022
Sydney
NOC Code......
I received an NOI(NOC 0113) on 30 March 2022 and I am also an outlander. My CRS is lower than yours however I have received a job offer. I am waiting for my decision and it is already more than 1 month. A few people have shared their experience that they have received their Nomination certificate in 38-48 days. So, I am hoping to receive the nomination certificate within 10-15 days.
Did you have any ties to Alberta or Previous activity in Canada?

Manavjee

Star Member
May 23, 2022
Do you mean the AEES or AOS for AINP?
I hope AINP will not reduce the allocation by a third for 2021 and just keep a higher number of nomination, increasing the possibility for outlanders or residents who reside outside province
Do you have any idea why Alberta is not processing outlanders applications? It's been 55 days since I submitted my application and there has been shown " Processing Status Date". If I am not wrong, the file is not assigned to the officer until the date shown on the portal. Also, many people in recent days, have said that they have received their nomination certificate in 30-40 days. Can Alberta issue the nomination certificate without showing any processes shown on the portal?