+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Express Entry Stream

Mann157

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Congratulations!

As I understand, Alberta Express Entry Stream is not the same as AINP. You apply for Express Entry and they might call you if they want you in Alberta Express Entry stream and grant you additional 600 points?

My wife is a graduate from an Alberta university and works in Alberta so this might not be a bad shot. She only has around 410 CRS points but if they call her, it would be great.

Are there any additional rules to be aware of? (Type of employment, etc.)
Hey did you get any info on this? is it like if your NOC is in demand in Alberta they will send invitation or you have to have a study or work experience from Alberta only then you are eligible ?

Feb 18, 2019
Hey did you get any info on this? is it like if your NOC is in demand in Alberta they will send invitation or you have to have a study or work experience from Alberta only then you are eligible ?
No, you don't have to have studied in Alberta or even have any connection to the province to get NOI, having these things would obviously mean better chances but they are not a selection criteria. The major criteria in my view is your NOC, and again your CRS score too, because the applicants with the highest CRS in your NOC would get invited obviously.
I am an outlander, never been to Canada, no ties to the province, NOC 2132. Already received my COPR after getting nominated by Alberta.

Reactions: RyanGiggs011

Shushmoy Mahid

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
No, you don't have to have studied in Alberta or even have any connection to the province to get NOI, having these things would obviously mean better chances but they are not a selection criteria. The major criteria in my view is your NOC, and again your CRS score too, because the applicants with the highest CRS in your NOC would get invited obviously.
I am an outlander, never been to Canada, no ties to the province, NOC 2132. Already received my COPR after getting nominated by Alberta.
My Noc is also 2132. No connection with Alberta. Crs score : 358

montage

Aug 27, 2020
do anyone who got a low CRS like 300-350 but got NOI from Alberta? What is your NOC? Any ties?
Thank you :)

prayagraval

Star Member
May 31, 2018
Hey guys, i received the NOI through express entry last night, i have been in the pool since July. Now i'm waiting for them to contact me and give me further instructions.
Some information that i gathered from my lawyers and some reliability sources is next:
Applicants who have a really good shot at receiving the NOI are the ones with scores between 407 and up and people who have studied in Canada, and have a full time job. These are not the must have requirements, but are the ones they are looking for the most.
Unfortunately, there is not a lot of information online about this particular "program" because it is fairly new... I will keep you updated. Best of luck to everyone!
what is ur noc?

prayagraval

Star Member
May 31, 2018
It use to be 600 points but they changed it to only 50 points for jobs which fall under b category and 200 points for O and A category. So for lmia I got only 50 points and I’m hoping if in next draw I receive noi that will help me to get 600 points.
if u have lmia how can ur crs is 390 also u mentioned u studied in canada

RyanGiggs011

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
Salt lake
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-04-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26-04-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
18-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2016
LANDED..........
Jan-2017
Would you please share your timeline Kartik ?
My Brother is in the process of EE profile creation with NOC-2132.

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
My wife NOC is 4011. Has a PhD from a Canadian university. Unsure about total points because she's collecting one year of experience now and will apply with only 1 year of experience when she collects it.

SACHIN MEHTA

Feb 12, 2021
Dear All,

Am in Alberta I have LMIA of NOC code 6311.I got invitation from Alberta Express two days ago and I already submitted my PNP on paper base since 2 sep 2020.Now if I-accept Alberta PNP express I have to withdrawal paper base file on same day my problem is that my (LMIA) work permit is going to expire on 15 March 2021 I have only one month left am so worry about my file and work permit because As per PNP requirements I have to valid work permit on the day which day they will give me PNP what should I do because if I wait my PNP on paper base I have to drop Express and if I accept express I have to drop paper base PNP file which one in not my hand.Could you pls tell me what should I do and how I can extend my Work permit without get new LMIA pls.

Lixa

Star Member
Oct 10, 2020
Hello guys. I have a dumb question for you... How do you get the copy of your EOI letter that we should send by email? I can read this notification on my cic account but how Du you copy it? Thx in advance!

Mecheh

Nov 2, 2020
Hi,

It has been mentioned on the Alberta website that this criterion may increase the likelihood of being assessed or nominated on Alberta Express Entry Stream selection:

"Having a parent, child, brother and/or sister who is a permanent resident living in Alberta”

I have a sister-in-law and mother-in-law that are permanent residents living in Alberta. Is sister in law(not blood sister) or mother in law(not blood mother) can be considered in the above criterion?

gurwindersg

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
Hi,

It has been mentioned on the Alberta website that this criterion may increase the likelihood of being assessed or nominated on Alberta Express Entry Stream selection:

"Having a parent, child, brother and/or sister who is a permanent resident living in Alberta”

I have a sister-in-law and mother-in-law that are permanent residents living in Alberta. Is sister in law(not blood sister) or mother in law(not blood mother) can be considered in the above criterion?
Unfortunately no