+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Express Entry Stream - what happens if you don't respond by email within 2 weeks?

shizzyd

May 3, 2019
Do you have to apply again? Is there any way you can make your case to the authority? I was given terrible advice by my immigration lawyer that I should wait for the CEC draw - which doesn't appear to take place anytime soon. As a result, I didn't respond to the Provincial Interest Letter within 2 weeks and didn't get to apply. Is there any way I can get back in line and apply again for the Alberta Express Entry Stream to get the nomination? Any help with the Alberta program would help!

D

Deleted member 1050918

How long has it been now since you received the NOI? I've seen cases where people got invited by Alberta despite responding to the NOI in more than two weeks. If it hasn't been too long (say 3 weeks) I'd email Alberta and explain the situation. Actually in any case I'd email Alberta and take my chances.

Regardless, lessons to be learned:

1. Be your own advisor. The internet is free, do your own research.
2. Lawyers, advisors, youtubers etc. don't know more than the internet and you do.
3. Fire your lawyer and manage your file on your own.
4. If you need consultation, consult many people and not only one.

shizzyd

May 3, 2019
It's been over two months! There are many lessons to be learned. I thought it was a reputable immigration firm so I thought I could trust them. I emailed Alberta anyway and explained the situation. I hope they consider me. Let's see.

D

Deleted member 1050918

The two weeks thing isn't set in stone and since you have an acceptable reason I'm hoping Alberta will help. It would be a good idea to also send your NOI letter along with your email just as if you were responding to it in a regular case. My guess is you'll get a positive response from Alberta. Best of luck.