+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALBERTA AINP NEW PORTAL - NOI 2021

meetact

Jul 25, 2020
Have around 4 yrs 8 months of experience in my previous company. But they have only given me a regular experience letter.
That's worth of experience, but I think only 4 years will be calculated, still worth, try to give your company a pre-formatted letter so they can just read and sign (they can just copy and paste the matter on there letterhead), try to convince them that this is the way the experience will be recognized and accepted. It will save them effort and time needs to be spent to create the experience letter. BTW which country is that company from ?

nimz19

Feb 7, 2022
That's worth of experience, but I think only 4 years will be calculated, still worth, try to give your company a pre-formatted letter so they can just read and sign (they can just copy and paste the matter on there letterhead), try to convince them that this is the way the experience will be recognized and accepted. It will save them effort and time needs to be spent to create the experience letter. BTW which country is that company from ?
The company is from Dubai, have tried it once before and they didnt agree. Could I get the same attested from a colleague?

meetact

Jul 25, 2020
The company is from Dubai, have tried it once before and they didnt agree. Could I get the same attested from a colleague?
As long as that can be verifiable when/if immigration approaches your company, it has seen in the past that sometime the immi department don't verify with the company (but don't take this for granted).

canadaorbust1

Star Member
Sep 2, 2021
@nimz19 It's always frustrating when the employer doesn't cooperate. I feel for you.

A few things:
- I am assuming you already have an NOI. Can you confirm?
- If you decide to show only 1 year of work experience, it is vital that it must be continuous, full-time work experience in one NOC
- You can get a letter from your past supervisor since HR is not being helpful, but make sure they sign their name on the letter and professional relationship with you (i.e. Supervisor). Also ensure that they would be willing to confirm the contents of the reference at a later point. Alberta almost always contacts past employers to verify your reference letters
- In the worst case, you can attach the letter they have already issued you and documentary proof of your communication (hopefully it's an email chain) of them refusing to issue you anything other than their standard experience letter

Here to help with any further issues. Hang in there and my best to you.

P.S. More than happy to review the letter your past employer has already shared with you.

Last edited:

nimz19

Feb 7, 2022
@nimz19 It's always frustrating when the employer doesn't cooperate. I feel for you.

A few things:
- If you decide to show only 1 year of work experience, it is vital that it must be continuous, full-time work experience in one NOC
- You can get a letter from your past supervisor since HR is not being helpful, but make sure they sign their name on the letter and profession relationship with you (i.e. Supervisor). Also ensure that they would be willing to confirm the contents of the reference at a later point. Alberta almost always contacts past employers to verify your reference letters
- In the worst case, you can attach the letter they have already issued you and documentary proof of your communication (hopefully it's an email chain) of them refusing to issue you anything other than their standard experience letter

P.S. More than happy to review the letter your past employer has already shared with you.
Hi canadarobust1,

- I don't yet, just finding out how to increase my score as much as possible within my existing profile.
- I have shown my current 1 year full time exp within the same NOC.
- I am trying since its a huge portion of my work experience, but haven't had any luck so far.
- Yes this would be my last option if nothing works out.

Thanks a lot for your support. However is not much mentioned here other than, has worked as so-and-so from this date to this date.

Lets hope for the best.

canadaorbust1

Star Member
Sep 2, 2021

A few things:
- You can get a letter from your past supervisor since HR is not being helpful, but make sure they sign their name on the letter and also that they would be willing to confirm the contents of the reference at a later point. Alberta almost always contacts past employers to verify your records

Hi canadarobust1,

- I don't yet, just finding out how to increase my score as much as possible within my existing profile.
- I have shown my current 1 year full time exp within the same NOC.
- I am trying since its a huge portion of my work experience, but haven't had any luck so far.
- Yes this would be my last option if nothing works out.

Thanks a lot for your support. However is not much mentioned here other than, has worked as so-and-so from this date to this date.

Lets hope for the best.
Got it. I highly suggest including all your work experience in the EE profile so you can raise your CRS score. Not sure what your NOC is, but it seems that engineering NOCs are consistently getting NOIs lately. Good luck!

lizyyy

Star Member
Mar 9, 2021
NOC1254
CRS score507
EE profile updated31 Jan 2022
NOI1 Feb 2022
Responded to NOI1 Feb 2022
Invite to MADI portal3 Feb 2022
Submission--- pending ---

Degree from Alberta, living & working in Alberta, Alberta PNP Express Entry Stream (general).
Hi, we were invited around the same time and with very similar CRS scores. Let's keep each other updated regarding the process.

Reactions: RobynCarpenter

RobynCarpenter

Star Member
Jan 19, 2022
Alberta
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
05-Apr-2022
AOR Received.
05-May-2022
Passport Req..
13-09-2022
Hi, we were invited around the same time and with very similar CRS scores. Let's keep each other updated regarding the process.
For sure! Currently working on my portal submission. Good luck to you!

Reactions: lizyyy

RobynCarpenter

Star Member
Jan 19, 2022
Alberta
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
05-Apr-2022
AOR Received.
05-May-2022
Passport Req..
13-09-2022
Thanks you too! The portal seems to be down for me today. I submitted the application last Friday though.
Oh geez. Good thing you submitted already! I'm still waiting for a few docs. Hopefully once I have those the portal will be back up :D

Last edited:

Shamilsageer

Feb 4, 2022
My application is still under "Assigned for Assessment" status.
If they request information from the employer, will they inform us?

canadaorbust1

Star Member
Sep 2, 2021
My application is still under "Assigned for Assessment" status.
If they request information from the employer, will they inform us?
How long has it been under that status? I was told when additional information was requested from my employer, but it didn't seem like a standard notification they send out to all candidates. The program officer working on my case just happened to mention it in an email exchange with me.

If you are in touch with the person who wrote your reference letter, I suggest asking them to keep an eye out. Also, just in case the employer misses the email for whatever reason and doesn't respond in the allotted time (usually 1 week), the officer will let you know so you can contact them.

Reactions: Shamilsageer

Chakz

Apr 15, 2017
Hello everyone,
my AINP status shows information requested, my employers have submitted the information, how long does it take after to receive the nomination?
It would be great if anyone can help
Thank you.