+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALBERTA AINP NEW PORTAL - NOI 2021

Ketul005

Star Member
Oct 15, 2021
Yes , in detail …I made my EE profile on 27 September and got NOI on 30 September… just after 3 days

Last edited:

Imanbir

Dec 7, 2020
Attach all what you need to prove that you work there. Get a reference letter from that ur past boss on a plain paper if he still has his former id card or any docs to support you. Just pray they dont send an email to that company and let that ur ex-boss put his own email address so they can contact him directly.
I'd also like to add one thing here. If you are getting any letter on a plain paper, always without any doubt get it notarized with all the stamps that are available from the authorised notary person, it is an acceptable practise that has been going around. Ind addition to that notarized letter, you can add all other documents available with you, plus a well written LOE explaining your concern in detail. Good luck, I believe , this will work for you

Preston_Cleric

Apr 11, 2020
Hello guys,
I'm posting for the first time here, so I apologize if I break any rules of this group and will be mindful of them going forward. This group has been very helpful in clearing many of my questions!

I had few questions regarding reference letters to be submitted for the AINP application, for which I haven't found clear answers;
For all my previous employment positions, I have reference letters as I had obtained them for the FSW - Express Entry application and not specifically for any PNP application as I was not aiming for them at that time.

Now, that I have received an NOI from Alberta and am applying for the same, I saw that some additional information in the form of Education Requirement, Work Experience Requirement and Skill and Knowledge Requirement for the positions are also required in the reference letter, which my current reference letters don't have. All other required information is present in the reference letters.

I'll be facing 3 difficult scenarios and would greatly appreciate the inputs from this group for tackling them;
1. If my previous employers refuse to include the above information, how can I proceed? Can I prepare a Letter of Explanation (LOE) explaining the same and attach it to my existing reference letters?

2. If I do go ahead with my existing reference letters with the LOE, will the dates when the reference letters were obtained, create problems? These reference letters are approximately an year old now but were all obtained after the end dates of the respective employment positions.

3. In one of my previous employment places, the Manager who had given me the reference letter as well as the HR Manager at that time have left and are now replaced by new people. Now that I need new information on my reference letter, can I approach them for the same? I'll be providing them with the reference letter from my previous manager as well, for legitimacy.

Is this the right way to go or should I approach my old manager somehow and get an update to the letter and notarize that letter?

4. If I get reference letters with these updated information, can they be used for the Express Entry application as well, once I get AINP nomination (if I get a nomination!)

Will greatly appreciate any input received. Thanks in advance!

monaleerosal

Star Member
Apr 24, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO | Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-01-2021
Nomination.....
01-10-2021
AOR Received.
16-10-2021
Med's Done....
23-10-2021
Passport Req..
10-03-2022
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2022
LANDED..........
09-04-2022
Hello guys,
I'm posting for the first time here, so I apologize if I break any rules of this group and will be mindful of them going forward. This group has been very helpful in clearing many of my questions!

I had few questions regarding reference letters to be submitted for the AINP application, for which I haven't found clear answers;
For all my previous employment positions, I have reference letters as I had obtained them for the FSW - Express Entry application and not specifically for any PNP application as I was not aiming for them at that time.

Now, that I have received an NOI from Alberta and am applying for the same, I saw that some additional information in the form of Education Requirement, Work Experience Requirement and Skill and Knowledge Requirement for the positions are also required in the reference letter, which my current reference letters don't have. All other required information is present in the reference letters.

I'll be facing 3 difficult scenarios and would greatly appreciate the inputs from this group for tackling them;
1. If my previous employers refuse to include the above information, how can I proceed? Can I prepare a Letter of Explanation (LOE) explaining the same and attach it to my existing reference letters?

2. If I do go ahead with my existing reference letters with the LOE, will the dates when the reference letters were obtained, create problems? These reference letters are approximately an year old now but were all obtained after the end dates of the respective employment positions.

3. In one of my previous employment places, the Manager who had given me the reference letter as well as the HR Manager at that time have left and are now replaced by new people. Now that I need new information on my reference letter, can I approach them for the same? I'll be providing them with the reference letter from my previous manager as well, for legitimacy.

Is this the right way to go or should I approach my old manager somehow and get an update to the letter and notarize that letter?

4. If I get reference letters with these updated information, can they be used for the Express Entry application as well, once I get AINP nomination (if I get a nomination!)

Will greatly appreciate any input received. Thanks in advance!

1. I was in the same situation; my previous employer would not provide me details. AINP officer did reach out to them. What I did was send them an email (BCC officer) to show that I have done my due diligence in providing the requirements but it is out of my control since my employer would not cooperate. Thankfully, the AINP officer reviewing my application was satisfied and granted me AINP nomination within 24 hrs.

2. Past employers will not be a problem, I think, because I used reference letters that were 5 years old.

3. Same. I indicated who my manager was at the time. AINP officer reached out to them, my former manager responded (and he indicated he was no longer in that position). I think adding an explanation letter would be beneficial, too.

4. I would say yes, but right now I am still waiting for the next steps. I have just received my AOR.

Best of luck to you :)

Reactions: Preston_Cleric

monaleerosal

Star Member
Apr 24, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO | Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-01-2021
Nomination.....
01-10-2021
AOR Received.
16-10-2021
Med's Done....
23-10-2021
Passport Req..
10-03-2022
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2022
LANDED..........
09-04-2022
Update on my timeline:

IRCC profile: Jan 2021
CRS score: 471
NOC: 2282
Connections: Yes

NOI: Sept 8, 2021
Accepted: Sept 8, 2021
Link sent: Sept 9, 2021
Application submitted: Sept 16, 2021
Addtl info requested: Sept 25, 2021
Addtl info provided: Sept 28, 2021
AINP nomination received: October 1, 2021
ITA received: October 13, 2021 (Thank you, Lord!!!!!)
Application submitted: October 16, 2021
AOR received: October 16, 2021

Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly with the medical and the rest of the requirements. I wish the best of luck for those waiting for their nomination as well :D

infohunter

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
27-12-2021
Med's Done....
22-12-2021
Update on my timeline:

IRCC profile: Jan 2021
CRS score: 471
NOC: 2282
Connections: Yes

NOI: Sept 8, 2021
Accepted: Sept 8, 2021
Link sent: Sept 9, 2021
Application submitted: Sept 16, 2021
Addtl info requested: Sept 25, 2021
Addtl info provided: Sept 28, 2021
AINP nomination received: October 1, 2021
ITA received: October 13, 2021 (Thank you, Lord!!!!!)
Application submitted: October 16, 2021
AOR received: October 16, 2021

Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly with the medical and the rest of the requirements. I wish the best of luck for those waiting for their nomination as well :D
Congratulations!

Reactions: monaleerosal

Preston_Cleric

Apr 11, 2020
1. I was in the same situation; my previous employer would not provide me details. AINP officer did reach out to them. What I did was send them an email (BCC officer) to show that I have done my due diligence in providing the requirements but it is out of my control since my employer would not cooperate. Thankfully, the AINP officer reviewing my application was satisfied and granted me AINP nomination within 24 hrs.

2. Past employers will not be a problem, I think, because I used reference letters that were 5 years old.

3. Same. I indicated who my manager was at the time. AINP officer reached out to them, my former manager responded (and he indicated he was no longer in that position). I think adding an explanation letter would be beneficial, too.

4. I would say yes, but right now I am still waiting for the next steps. I have just received my AOR.

Best of luck to you :)
Thank you very much for you response and hearty congratulations on receiving the AOR! :)

If you don't mind, can you please elaborate the process that you followed for the 3rd point, of obtaining information from your previous manager? I have some questions of going about it;

1. Did you get a new reference letter from him or did you submit the original reference letter he had provided to you after you had left the company, along with a LOE?

2. If he provided you with a new reference letter, that would be NOT be on the company letterhead, is that correct? In that case, did you get it on a blank sheet and get the sheet notarized? And did your manager notarize it or did you get it notarized yourself?

3. If I contact the current Managers in my company and they agree to give me a reference letter with updated information based on the reference letter from my original manager, will that work?

I'm a bit concerned about this because the new managers have not seen my work and so would not be able to answer questions, if they are contacted by the Canadian Immigration Officer.

Thank you again for you detailed response!

monaleerosal

Star Member
Apr 24, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO | Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-01-2021
Nomination.....
01-10-2021
AOR Received.
16-10-2021
Med's Done....
23-10-2021
Passport Req..
10-03-2022
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2022
LANDED..........
09-04-2022
Thank you very much for you response and hearty congratulations on receiving the AOR! :)

If you don't mind, can you please elaborate the process that you followed for the 3rd point, of obtaining information from your previous manager? I have some questions of going about it;

1. Did you get a new reference letter from him or did you submit the original reference letter he had provided to you after you had left the company, along with a LOE?

2. If he provided you with a new reference letter, that would be NOT be on the company letterhead, is that correct? In that case, did you get it on a blank sheet and get the sheet notarized? And did your manager notarize it or did you get it notarized yourself?

3. If I contact the current Managers in my company and they agree to give me a reference letter with updated information based on the reference letter from my original manager, will that work?

I'm a bit concerned about this because the new managers have not seen my work and so would not be able to answer questions, if they are contacted by the Canadian Immigration Officer.

Thank you again for you detailed response!
1. I used only the reference letters I received. The only new is from my current employer. Anything that did not have the details on the reference letters, I supplied it with my payslips (that showed my daily and hourly rate for example) and an explanation letter

2. I didnt get anything notarized, I just used everything I received from my employers.

4. I believe it should, as long as it states everything the officer is asking for. Just basic details about your work, hours, etc. You can indicate a company officer (like hr, not necessarily manager) to confirm your employment.

You are welcome. Thank you as well. Best of luck to all of us :)

JayJay Jamal

Jul 22, 2021
Hello everyone. My situation is quite peculiar.

I’m currently doing grad studies in Ontario and got NOI from Alberta. I have filled all the information in my MAID portal and I plan to submit soon.

However, there’s one section on the website that asks if I’m currently working which is obviously “NO”.

Does anyone know the impact been unemployed on the AINP application?

Do you know anyone who was unemployed at the time they submitted their application? Were they nominated regardless?

I’ll appreciate your thoughts on this. Thank you in advance.

shergill12

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Melbourne
My AINP application is at information requested stage and HR email address(HR) in my reference letter never got anything, and if they contacted my manager instead he's currently on 4 weeks leave!!! and woudn't be availble to respond due to some personal reasons. What should I do here? I think they have contaced on my manger's email.

GoanGirlGoingToCanada

Star Member
Sep 29, 2021
Attach all what you need to prove that you work there. Get a reference letter from that ur past boss on a plain paper if he still has his former id card or any docs to support you. Just pray they dont send an email to that company and let that ur ex-boss put his own email address so they can contact him directly.
Thank you, I have submitted my application. Now Fingers Crossed and waiting