+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALBERTA AINP NEW PORTAL - NOI 2021

Gabby@1

Jan 5, 2022
I am on the same boat because they called my employer on 2nd March and am still waiting for nomination.
I got NOI - 14 dec
File submit- 24 dec
Information requested- 2 march
Waiting for nomination
More than 10 days and am still waiting
@Ships25, any news yet. Mine is still reading "Information requested." It's been 18 days since my employer responded to the AINP information request. Is there anything we can do? Or is there a number to call for a follow-up?

RobynCarpenter

Star Member
Jan 19, 2022
Alberta
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
05-Apr-2022
AOR Received.
05-May-2022
Passport Req..
13-09-2022
@Gabby@1 @Ships25 It's been seven days for me since it changed to "Information Requested" and is still sitting on that. I haven't heard anything since they contacted me and I responded seven days ago. Thought if I replied quickly, it would move quickly, but I guess not lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Tisher

Gabby@1

Jan 5, 2022
Oh hey, I think you may be the first to report that an info request was made for a January submission! And 56 days from submission to inquiry isn't too shabby either, maybe we will see processing times trend down again.

As for your question, it seems that often there can be five or six days between info request and the eventual issuance of the nomination; in this forum we've occasionally seen cases where it took a bit longer, like twelve days or so. Maybe check your spam folder again just to be sure the officer did not email you. Other than that, if previous timelines are any indication, I think you should be seeing progress on your application soon.
Thanks for your response @RobynCarpenter. I have checked my spam and nothing is requested from me. I think they only need information from my employer. My employer responded to the AINP inquiries through phone calls on the 10th of this month. Today makes it 18 days. I am just wondering if there is any number to call for a follow-up?

tn_ng7777

Dec 7, 2021
No the status on my portal changed to “assigned for assessment” on 23rd March and I got a call from AB government on same day. She asked me the questions I have mentioned and approved my nomination within 5 mins of finishing the call.
This is because the company I work with is well known and I have had couple of co-workers over past few years applying for stuff through AINP and in all of there scenarios too my HR or my workplace never got any calls or emails from government .
Great!!! Do you mind if I ask you which questions did she ask you? :)

RobynCarpenter

Star Member
Jan 19, 2022
Alberta
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
05-Apr-2022
AOR Received.
05-May-2022
Passport Req..
13-09-2022
Thanks for your response @RobynCarpenter. I have checked my spam and nothing is requested from me. I think they only need information from my employer. My employer responded to the AINP inquiries through phone calls on the 10th of this month. Today makes it 18 days. I am just wondering if there is any number to call for a follow-up?
I've never heard/read of a number for followups - did they call your employer from a hidden number? If not maybe you could try calling that back. Not sure if that's a thing though or if that would help.

FWIW, it seems like many of us who saw movement on their applications recently are stuck in the "Information Requested" stage longer than others before us - maybe they're just trying to catch up.18 days certainly is long though.

Reactions: Tisher

miahmed

Jul 20, 2015
I am living in India. No studied for visited Canada yet. I arranged job offer letter. Actually, one of my friends working in Alberta and he has good contact, so he arranged interview for me and NOC is also in demand list. This is how i got the job. Then after i applied and got the NoI
Did you get LMIA or just an offer letter..

gurpreetbal

Star Member
May 15, 2018
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-09-2019
@RobynCarpenter @rbarbie
HI, I have recently completed my Masters and will apply for PGWP in coming week. I have a query regarding Alberta Accelerated Tech Pathway.
Some info about me:
1. I have a permanent job offer in Tech Consulting for Alberta office from renowned consulting firm.
2. I have recently completed my Masters in Alberta.
3. I have a brother who is Permanent resident living in Alberta.
4. I am residing is Alberta.
5. I have active EE profile (CRS 447) in FSW category from my experience(NOC- 2175) in my home country.

The job offer only states my Name, email, position title as 'Senior 3' and consulting practice as 'Digital and emerging technologies', salary, start date in May 2022, benefits. It does not state any job responsibilities or duties of the position. There is no clear indication about NOC on offer but I believe the NOC for this job is 2171, which is in the Accelerated Tech Pathway NOC list.

Queries:
  • Can I use this job offer in Alberta Accelerated Tech Pathway form?
  • Do they ask for more information regarding this offer from me or employer?
  • Do I need to mention this job offer in EE profile because this offer is not LMAI approved?
  • Do they need jobs and responsibility letter from employer?
  • Is it a good idea to submit the Accelerated Tech Pathway form now or wait for the job to start in MAY?
  • Can we update details later on, after they invite to submit an application?
Thanks

RobynCarpenter

Star Member
Jan 19, 2022
Alberta
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
05-Apr-2022
AOR Received.
05-May-2022
Passport Req..
13-09-2022
@gurpreetbal I'm not familiar with the ATP and can't answer all your questions; you may want to wait for responses from someone who has gone though that process, or talk to a consultant since you do have some very detailed questions where knowing more about your situation may be helpful.

According to the file checklist, it looks like you would need to supply a letter from your employer that states your duties and responsibilities. https://www.alberta.ca/assets/documents/lbr-aaip-express-entry-stream-checklist.pdf

Yes, you can update the AAIP folks after you have submitted an application. In fact, you are required to inform them of certain changes to your situation. https://www.alberta.ca/aaip-alberta-express-entry-stream-how-to-apply.aspx#jumplinks-3

maheshrc666

Dec 29, 2021
Noc code: 6211 and inland
EE profile date: 27th January 2022
EOI Date: 1st February 2022
Link to apply received: 2nd February 2022
Applied for EE AINP: 3rd February 2022
Assigned for assessment: 23rd March 2022
Nomination: 23rd March 2022
Hello Thank you for your response. Did you apply under the tech pathway or the standard AINP pathway?? I'm an outlander, under standard pathway, await for any movement as I submitted on 11th Feb. Fingers crossed. In your experience, and current trend how long will it take from AINP submission to nomination certificate; I got to know it is like 3 months at this point of time, in your case it was about 6 weeks. Please share your views and any other thoughts are welcome. Thanks.

Thepla12

Mar 11, 2022
Hello Thank you for your response. Did you apply under the tech pathway or the standard AINP pathway?? I'm an outlander, under standard pathway, await for any movement as I submitted on 11th Feb. Fingers crossed. In your experience, and current trend how long will it take from AINP submission to nomination certificate; I got to know it is like 3 months at this point of time, in your case it was about 6 weeks. Please share your views and any other thoughts are welcome. Thanks.
Hey, I am a inland candidate living, working and studied in Alberta and I got an EOI from AB government under standard EE AINP pathway. Mine took 48 days from the date of submission and also in this group I have seen that a lot of Outland applications are taking an average between 2 to 3 months and in my opinion it also sometimes depends on your employer and job title as well depending on how much your NOC code is in demand. Because when they project these NOC code demands they tend to look 1 to 3 in future and the faster these NOC codes are processed the faster the person gets PR and the faster the province ends up retaining a person because look at this way you are still not in the country and given the circumstances it might even take a while to get your things processed. This is just my opinion.

maheshrc666

Dec 29, 2021
Hey, I am a inland candidate living, working and studied in Alberta and I got an EOI from AB government under standard EE AINP pathway. Mine took 48 days from the date of submission and also in this group I have seen that a lot of Outland applications are taking an average between 2 to 3 months and in my opinion it also sometimes depends on your employer and job title as well depending on how much your NOC code is in demand. Because when they project these NOC code demands they tend to look 1 to 3 in future and the faster these NOC codes are processed the faster the person gets PR and the faster the province ends up retaining a person because look at this way you are still not in the country and given the circumstances it might even take a while to get your things processed. This is just my opinion.
Thank you for your honest response. My NOC is 0601 which is also listed under the Alberta express tech pathway, I should have applied under the express pathway but I submitted under the standard pathway as I got the NOI on 5th Jan 2022 and submitted on 11 Feb. Hoping to see some movement as for today it had reached 48 days from the date of submission. The wait continues.

The Wall

Star Member
Oct 15, 2017
Brother did you know before about it that having only an offer is acceptable in AAIP.
I believe offer is required for selection. But I didn't know the difference between Offer letter and LMIA. In the forum, i read few posts where their profile got stuck because of offer letter. Lets see what happens