Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
05-Apr-2022
AOR Received.
05-May-2022
Passport Req..
13-09-2022
Try and have your employer check there spam folder, I have heard scenarios where is does go to spam folder.
Already did, also told them to watch out for calls. Might just be a few more days.

RobynCarpenter

Star Member
Jan 19, 2022
Alberta
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
05-Apr-2022
AOR Received.
05-May-2022
Passport Req..
13-09-2022
That is the dependent Authorization form. Usually they require this document submitted along with your application.
There was no upload field for it in my application, if there had been I'd have uploaded it directly. Must have been some technical glitch

MMCA4244

Feb 4, 2022
There was no upload field for it in my application, if there had been I'd have uploaded it directly. Must have been some technical glitch
Most probably, otherwise, it is required beforehand. Sometimes they don't contact an employer if they can verify it by themselves. In my friend's case, he has received nomination without contacting his employers. They usually check the employer website and on Linkedin as well.

Reactions: RobynCarpenter

tobyboy

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Hello, can someone enlighten me about the process coz I'm so confused right now.

I am a PGWP holder I already applied for Alberta Opportunity Stream last January and just waiting for my nomination. I was already eligible to apply because I already have 6 months work experience (I started July 2021) on my field of study.

When I'm nominated via the Alberta Opportunity Stream, am I still eligible to apply or be nominated on the Alberta Express Entry once I have 12-months full time work (which will be in July)?

RobynCarpenter

Star Member
Jan 19, 2022
Alberta
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
05-Apr-2022
AOR Received.
05-May-2022
Passport Req..
13-09-2022
Hello, can someone enlighten me about the process coz I'm so confused right now.

I am a PGWP holder I already applied for Alberta Opportunity Stream last January and just waiting for my nomination. I was already eligible to apply because I already have 6 months work experience (I started July 2021) on my field of study.

When I'm nominated via the Alberta Opportunity Stream, am I still eligible to apply or be nominated on the Alberta Express Entry once I have 12-months full time work (which will be in July)?
Hi! Not sure I understand - why would you want two nominations...? Once your AOS application is approved, what benefit would you get from applying for the EE stream? (If that is even possible - you may want to ask a consultant about this. The website says you can only have one AAIP application at a time, which to me sounds like you can only do either/or. But not sure, you may want to ask an expert.)

tobyboy

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Hi! Not sure I understand - why would you want two nominations...? Once your AOS application is approved, what benefit would you get from applying for the EE stream? (If that is even possible - you may want to ask a consultant about this. The website says you can only have one AAIP application at a time, which to me sounds like you can only do either/or. But not sure, you may want to ask an expert.)
I think the benefit of Express Entry is faster processing time. Assuming that I get the nomination via AOS this April, the PR processing I think would take at least a year, whereas if I apply for Express Entry (CEC) in July/August, PR will be processed in 6 months, of course that is assuming that I'll be included in the earliest draw after I apply.

Thepla12

Mar 11, 2022
I think the benefit of Express Entry is faster processing time. Assuming that I get the nomination via AOS this April, the PR processing I think would take at least a year, whereas if I apply for Express Entry (CEC) in July/August, PR will be processed in 6 months, of course that is assuming that I'll be included in the earliest draw after I apply.
You can only hold one nomination at once I think and in AOS you will need to apply via paper route and currently it take more than a year I believe and on the contrary AINP EE stream is invite only and you get a invite after creating a EE profile which again is not a guarantee that you will receive a invite since Alberta is really vague in terms of requirements around the program.
Also one more question did you apply for AOS when you were under PGWP because AOS does not take that much time honestly my friend applied for AOS and got his nomination in 2 months and he applied in November 2021 and got his nomination on January 1st week. He had to choose paper route which currently takes around 2 years.
Hope this helps!

Thepla12

Mar 11, 2022
Hey guys, seems like there was a draw on 22nd March, I got to know this from a Facebook group I am in.
It’s not updated on the website but did anybody get an invite?? Just curious!

tobyboy

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
You can only hold one nomination at once I think and in AOS you will need to apply via paper route and currently it take more than a year I believe and on the contrary AINP EE stream is invite only and you get a invite after creating a EE profile which again is not a guarantee that you will receive a invite since Alberta is really vague in terms of requirements around the program.
Also one more question did you apply for AOS when you were under PGWP because AOS does not take that much time honestly my friend applied for AOS and got his nomination in 2 months and he applied in November 2021 and got his nomination on January 1st week. He had to choose paper route which currently takes around 2 years.
Hope this helps!
Coz I was thinking if I should cancel my AOS application and just wait until I'm eligible for express entry but yeah, you're right that it's still not a guarantee that I'll get the EE nomination right away. So I guess I'll probably continue with my AOS application.

Yes, I applied AOS when I'm under PGWP (until now). I applied last January 27 so hopefully I'll get the nomination in the next few weeks. Where can I see the current processing time of PR thru AOS?

Thepla12

Mar 11, 2022
Coz I was thinking if I should cancel my AOS application and just wait until I'm eligible for express entry but yeah, you're right that it's still not a guarantee that I'll get the EE nomination right away. So I guess I'll probably continue with my AOS application.

Yes, I applied AOS when I'm under PGWP (until now). I applied last January 27 so hopefully I'll get the nomination in the next few weeks. Where can I see the current processing time of PR thru AOS?
On the ircc website

Thepla12

Mar 11, 2022
Finally there is some update on my file!!!
EE profile date: 27th January 2022
EOI Date: 1st February 2022
Link to apply received: 2nd February 2022
Applied for EE AINP: 3rd February 2022
Assigned for assessment: 23rd March 2022
Nomination: “waiting for a decision”

Thepla12

Mar 11, 2022
Finally there is some update on my file!!!
EE profile date: 27th January 2022
EOI Date: 1st February 2022
Link to apply received: 2nd February 2022
Applied for EE AINP: 3rd February 2022
Assigned for assessment: 23rd March 2022
Nomination: “waiting for a decision”
One more update: I was given a call from AINP officer and she asked me following;
Date off birth
Did I study in canada
My job title
My start date for my current job title
My job duties (a brief description)
My email address
She also said that I will get my decision either today or tomorrow.