+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALBERTA AINP NEW PORTAL - NOI 2021

MHtoAB

Apr 26, 2021
Total nominations 6500
Less: Given so far 4497
Less: Applications in queue 1160+300

Remaining 543

This is my understanding of the data provided on their website.
I think you're right but the number of nominations remaining (even if none) doesn't stop them from giving Express Entry NOIs. By the time the application is processed and nomination given, we will be in 2023 anyway. If they don't give Express Entry NOIs in the rest of 2022, they won't be able to give nominations in Jan/Feb except what is already in queue as of today. Please correct me if anyone has a different understanding. Thanks.

IuriiS

Star Member
May 17, 2019
The AINP is not transparent at all, which is absolutely ridiculous, compared to other provinces. What is the reason not to publish NOCs they are inviting? The situation of changing ministers of immigration every several months does not build confidence at all. Maybe we can complain somehow to the federal government about how Alberta's immigration system works.

Last edited:

Alexkane

Star Member
Sep 15, 2021
The AINP is not transparent at all, which is absolutely ridiculous, compared to other provinces. What is the reason not to publish NOCs they are inviting? The situation of changing ministers of immigration every several months does not build confidence at all. Maybe we can complain somehow to the federal government about how Alberta's immigration system works.
Agreed! But this is something expected from a leaderless government. This current immigration minister is just for the photo ops. Nothing productive!

tw.kishor

May 7, 2022
Hello guys,

I have been following the draws quite a bit and surprised not seeing any draws lately.

Anyway, I created my EE profile today & the score sums up to 403. I am hoping to get NOI through EE stream as Tech Pathway doesn’t work for me (due to NAICS code), even though I work as Software Developer for Alberta employer. And Alberta Opportunity doesn't work either being on spousal open work permit (confirmed with AAINP team).
Finger crossed

Last edited:
Reactions: waimhas

IuriiS

Star Member
May 17, 2019
Hello guys,

I have been following the draws quite a bit and surprised not seeing any draws lately.

Anyway, I created my EE profile today & the score sums up to 403. I am hoping to get NOI through EE stream as Tech Pathway doesn’t work for me (due to NAICS code), even though I work as Software Developer for Alberta employer. And Alberta Opportunity does work either being on spousal open work permit (confirmed with AAINP team).
Finger crossed

Hello,

Do you mean, that having work experience in Alberta on Spousal Open Work permit, you can apply under Alberta Opportunity Stream?

tw.kishor

May 7, 2022
Hello,

Do you mean, that having work experience in Alberta on Spousal Open Work permit, you can apply under Alberta Opportunity Stream?
Sorry, I mean to say doesn't work. I have just corrected the original comment. No, you're not eligible to apply under AOS if you're on spousal open work permit. I confirmed with them.

IuriiS

Star Member
May 17, 2019
Thank you! Yes, I have the same information from them, which is again very ridiculous, since what is the difference between work experiences? In my opinion, Permit type should not be a requirement, the most important is work experience.

tw.kishor

May 7, 2022
Thank you! Yes, I have the same information from them, which is again very ridiculous, since what is the difference between work experiences? In my opinion, Permit type should not be a requirement, the most important is work experience.
I agree, stupid as it sounds but I guess they have some good reason to do that. Also, the Accelerated Tech Pathway, my company's NAICS code doesn't fall under their list of NAICS codes. I am very unfortunate I guess. No hopes rather than just waiting for EE draw and hoping AB will send me NOI. What's your CRS score? NOC?

IuriiS

Star Member
May 17, 2019
A lot of people have the same issues with immigration. My CRS is 425, NOC 2133. 7 years living in Alberta and nothing. On the other hand, what they are going to do is to legalize undocumented illegal immigrants, but not people who are leaving here, integrating into Canadian society, and paying taxes in Canada as well.

tw.kishor

May 7, 2022
A lot of people have the same issues with immigration. My CRS is 425, NOC 2133. 7 years living in Alberta and nothing. On the other hand, what they are going to do is to legalize undocumented illegal immigrants, but not people who are leaving here, integrating into Canadian society, and paying taxes in Canada as well.
So you don't have LMIA supported job? I am on spousal open work permit because I came only last year & didn't want to leave the current company as it pays really well. But I guess PR is more important at this stage. So if I don't receive NOI from them for about 6 months, I will move on, go to the next company and apply for Accelerated Tech Pathway.

preciousugwala

Feb 19, 2020
Express entry Point - 420
Submitted the application form on August 19th
Got NOI on the 23rd cause I had to resubmit with a new express entry profile as previous one had just 1 month left to expire
Submitted application on the 22nd of September
Got called by the person who was handling my file to ask me more details on my job, she was really nice and I explained all my situation to her as my work permit would be expiring by next year June.
Got Nomination on the 28th
NOC Code is 2282
CEC applicant

if this helps anyone
I really thought I would not get it
But God was really faithful, my pay was lower than the rate for the NOC code in Alberta, wasn’t sure if my company was in the NAICS codes but I just gave it a trial and it worked out good
Hoping to get ITA in next draw

AndyFaust2

Jul 13, 2022
Express entry Point - 420
Submitted the application form on August 19th
Got NOI on the 23rd cause I had to resubmit with a new express entry profile as previous one had just 1 month left to expire
Submitted application on the 22nd of September
Got called by the person who was handling my file to ask me more details on my job, she was really nice and I explained all my situation to her as my work permit would be expiring by next year June.
Got Nomination on the 28th
NOC Code is 2282
CEC applicant

if this helps anyone
I really thought I would not get it
But God was really faithful, my pay was lower than the rate for the NOC code in Alberta, wasn’t sure if my company was in the NAICS codes but I just gave it a trial and it worked out good
Hoping to get ITA in next draw
Alberta conducted EE draw in August? But they didn't publish the results on webpage