+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Accelerated Tech Pathway

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Experts, I need help with your keen observation on eligibility for Alberta Accelerated Tech pathway program.
Website states that to be eligible for the program one requires minimum CRS score of 300.

I calculated mine and it comes out to be around 270, basically due to age factor.
Now could you please advise if gaining 50 points from a job offer would suffice the eligibility requirements
OR 300 CRS score is to be maintained excluding the job offer and 50 points from the job offer could only be used to enhance the score further?

So basically is it worth trying to find a genuine job offer to be eligible for this program and eventually expect an invite?

Thanks your time to read through and anticipated advise.
Have a great Day!
You only get 50 points added to your CRS score if you have a job offer with LMIA. Your CRS score is calculated through Express Entry. Do you have an EE profile and are eligible with 67 points (selection factors)? The selection factors score is not your CRS score.

RoyaleSingh

Dec 31, 2014
You only get 50 points added to your CRS score if you have a job offer with LMIA. Your CRS score is calculated through Express Entry. Do you have an EE profile and are eligible with 67 points (selection factors)? The selection factors score is not your CRS score.
Hello, thanks for your response.
I haven't yet created my EE profile but was checking eligibility.
Find myself eligible both in selection factor and PNP only when adding points for job offer.
So, is it a valid assumption that adding extra points for job at each level (EE, PNP, etc) to reach minimum eligibility
would be acceptable by IRCC? and they don't expect one to reach eligibility excluding them?

Hope have been able to clear the scenario.
Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, thanks for your response.
I haven't yet created my EE profile but was checking eligibility.
Find myself eligible both in selection factor and PNP only when adding points for job offer.
So, is it a valid assumption that adding extra points for job at each level (EE, PNP, etc) to reach minimum eligibility
would be acceptable by IRCC? and they don't expect one to reach eligibility excluding them?

Hope have been able to clear the scenario.
Thanks
So are you eligible with 67 points without job offer? What is your score? You cannot add job offer to your selection factor points if you don’t have a LMIA. IRCC doesn’t accept “assume” you will get a job. You need the LMIA to prove you have the job. If you don’t have 67 points then not eligible for EE and need to look at ways to increase score.

Last edited:

June1311

Star Member
Jun 17, 2023
Gurgaon
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hello, I would like to clarify the information.

On the website of Alberta AAIP it says,
https://www.alberta.ca/aaip-alberta-express-entry-stream-eligibility.aspx

• you have an active Express Entry profile in the federal Express Entry pool with a minimum Comprehensive Ranking System score of 300
and to increase the chances

• you have an Alberta job offer

does this Alberta job offer has to be LMIA? or it can be done as a valid job offer from an employer?

Can anyone with experience confirm that; if it is possible to do this program with 300 points + an Alberta job offer (NO LMIA).

Thank You
300 is the minimum requirement & Alberta Tech pathway is LMIA exempt.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
300 is the minimum requirement & Alberta Tech pathway is LMIA exempt.
But the OP is not eligible for Express Entry with 67 points. OP cannot count points for a job offer that he doesn’t have just to submit an EE profile. For EE selection factors, OP can only count points for LMIA exemption if working in Canada

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html#employment

June1311

Star Member
Jun 17, 2023
Gurgaon
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Thank you for the information. I am a candidate under general ee stream of Alberta, and I just got a job offer in Calgary. My noc is 1112. Since I'm not applying through tech Pathway, does this mean this job offer will increase my likelihood of recieving an NOI despite I don't have LMIA yet?
Correct, it does increase the likelihood.

aquatea_tree

Star Member
Mar 13, 2023
Hi All. I have submitted AAIP tech form multiple times but not. Getting NOI.
job noc employer naics all eligible.
Any reason ? It’s been more than three months.

Wakori

Nov 10, 2023
Hello. i have just found this forum. I need assistance for PNP selection. All assistance on eligibility is welcome. Thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello. i have just found this forum. I need assistance for PNP selection. All assistance on eligibility is welcome. Thank you.
So you have an Express Entry profile and you select the provinces you are eligible for? You need to research each PNP program.

Destination1

Apr 23, 2022
So you have an Express Entry profile and you select the provinces you are eligible for? You need to research each PNP program.
Hi Naturgrl, my immigration consultant created express entry profile, my question is for PNP, my application will go automatically or I need to apply PNP separately? Thanks in advance.