+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AIPP - medical inadmissible due to curable diseases

Atlantico

Star Member
Mar 27, 2018
Hi all,

Under IRPA, a foreign national is inadmissible on health grounds if his/her health condition:
  • is likely to be a danger to public health;
  • is likely to be a danger to public safety; or
  • might reasonably be expected to cause excessive demand on health or social services.
A person can be considered "danger to public health" if s/he has H5N1 flue or TB. But all of these diseases can be cured. So when an applicant (specifically of AIPP) or dependent found having these curable diseases, will the application be on hold until successful treatment, or the application will be rejected right away and applicant needs to re-submit after successful treatment?
Thank you for sharing your knowledge!

Full_of_positivity

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Hi just want to ask if anyone here has the same situation of my brother. He's applying for PR under AIPP. received a medical request for his wife and son but prior his application we included a letter with Attorney's signature that his wife is not cooperative and doesn't want to go to Canada with him so in short we weren't able to provide the passport details and pictures of wife and son. And now we got an email from MVO for medical request of his wife and son. Emailed MVO with the attached letter and sign of lawyer prior the application of his PR. Can you please advice us on what to do? Thank you so much

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Hi just want to ask if anyone here has the same situation of my brother. He's applying for PR under AIPP. received a medical request for his wife and son but prior his application we included a letter with Attorney's signature that his wife is not cooperative and doesn't want to go to Canada with him so in short we weren't able to provide the passport details and pictures of wife and son. And now we got an email from MVO for medical request of his wife and son. Emailed MVO with the attached letter and sign of lawyer prior the application of his PR. Can you please advice us on what to do? Thank you so much
Curious what the lawyer advised? Is this an immigration lawyer who has been working with your brother?

1. Your brother can write an affidavit removing his wife and son from the application, he must acknowledge that he knows that them not being part of the application means they can NEVER be sponsored as part of the family class. This means if the wife changes her mind, she has to immigrate on her own with their son.

2. Talk to the wife and explain they can be tagged as non-accompanying just to keep the possibility of sponsoring them in the future available. They do all medicals and submit documents but will not be issued a visa with your brother.

Full_of_positivity

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Curious what the lawyer advised? Is this an immigration lawyer who has been working with your brother?

1. Your brother can write an affidavit removing his wife and son from the application, he must acknowledge that he knows that them not being part of the application means they can NEVER be sponsored as part of the family class. This means if the wife changes her mind, she has to immigrate on her own with their son.

2. Talk to the wife and explain they can be tagged as non-accompanying just to keep the possibility of sponsoring them in the future available. They do all medicals and submit documents but will not be issued a visa with your brother.
Well, at first we talked to a Canadian Immigration Consultancy and he was asking $4K then he gave us a discount and was asking for $2,300cad to represent my brother’s app but his plan was just to talk to my sister in-law although we already tried to talk to her in many attempts and got no response and doesn’t want to communicate so we thought we will just waste money in Consultancy.

Instead we tried to communicate again with my sister in-law and got a text message from her mom that she doesn’t want to communicate with my brother anymore even though it was explained to her all the benefits for her and my nephew. So my brother talked to a lawyer in one of the notary public in the Philippines, showed the message from her mom and she notarized the letter of my brother and we submitted that in the initial application of PR but then my brother’s file was transferred to Manila Visa Office and they sent my brother a medical request for his wife and son.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Well, at first we talked to a Canadian Immigration Consultancy and he was asking $4K then he gave us a discount and was asking for $2,300cad to represent my brother’s app but his plan was just to talk to my sister in-law although we already tried to talk to her in many attempts and got no response and doesn’t want to communicate so we thought we will just waste money in Consultancy.

Instead we tried to communicate again with my sister in-law and got a text message from her mom that she doesn’t want to communicate with my brother anymore even though it was explained to her all the benefits for her and my nephew. So my brother talked to a lawyer in one of the notary public in the Philippines, showed the message from her mom and she notarized the letter of my brother and we submitted that in the initial application of PR but then my brother’s file was transferred to Manila Visa Office and they sent my brother a medical request for his wife and son.
Then option 1 applies.

Reactions: Full_of_positivity