+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AIP/OWP RECEIVED!! WOW INLAND ONLY 3 MONTH WAIT!!

patrick91

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2011
My spouse is from the USA and we sent in the application July 28th for PR with the application for the open work permit. Today in the mail we received AIP and the open work permit. It took about 3 months for that. Honestly, I was not expecting this for at least another 5 months or so. We're both SOOOO excited :D:D

By the way, we never sent in FBI clearance and they're requesting that stating that we have 60 days to submit it. What happens if we don't get it in by 60 days? I've heard it sometimes takes the FBI longer than that to send the clearance. We did apply for it, and a few months ago we received a letter from them stating the fingerprints were done incorrectly. :/

jeymi

Star Member
May 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2010
File Transfer...
15-11-2011
Interview........
03-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-12-2012
LANDED..........
14-12-2012
Wow! Congratulations! There's another one in Inland 2011 thread who got AIP. Can you share your time? Better yet can you copy and paste what you can see on your Ecas? Hopefully we got AIP too. Thanks.

Angus

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Patrick, if you haven't done so already, please join our 2011 Inland thread and let us know your details. We're all pretty fascinated by it all. My application was received July 21, so looks like I sent it a few days too early to get in on all this 3 month to AIP stuff lol

patrick91

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2011
Thanks!! I posted on the inland thread with all the details. I hope this gives others hope who have been waiting a lot longer! Sorry you missed the deadline by a few days. :(

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
patrick91 said:
My spouse is from the USA and we sent in the application July 28th for PR with the application for the open work permit. Today in the mail we received AIP and the open work permit. It took about 3 months for that. Honestly, I was not expecting this for at least another 5 months or so. We're both SOOOO excited :D:D

By the way, we never sent in FBI clearance and they're requesting that stating that we have 60 days to submit it. What happens if we don't get it in by 60 days? I've heard it sometimes takes the FBI longer than that to send the clearance. We did apply for it, and a few months ago we received a letter from them stating the fingerprints were done incorrectly. :/
Congrats on getting the AIP and the open work permit.

Regarding the FBI certificates, send a letter in explaining that the first set of prints we're rejected on x date and that you submitted new ones on x date so they see you've tried and let them know you'll forward them as soon as you have them. This happens quite often and extensions are typically granted so no need to worry.

May the rest of your application continue to be faster than you anticipate :)