+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP - SRS H1B Landing Experience and post landing related activities.

cooldeepforyou

Star Member
Feb 25, 2009
Hi guys,
After long time posting on this forum, i did my landing on 4 th july in calgary. Did anyone have done landing around this time and have you received your PR card. I am still waiting for my PR card to arrive.
please post if you have or have not recieved PR card.

petesampras

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/03/2010
Nomination.....
19/11/2009
AOR Received.
07/02/2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
10/11/2010 to LA
Med's Request
02/07/2010
Med's Done....
14/07/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17/12/2010
VISA ISSUED...
06/01/2011
LANDED..........
03/07/2011
I am in the same boat..Did my landing on July first week and still waiting for PR card.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
petesampras said:
I am in the same boat..Did my landing on July first week and still waiting for PR card.
Canada post strike has impacted the PR card applications. There is unusual delay in the application processing.

Sinbad

Star Member
Jun 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 9,2010
LANDED..........
Apr 24,2011
This is our PR card experience
We landed in April. At the time of landing, we submitted photos according to the old specs. The officer accepted all our photos expect my youngest one's. I had photos according to new specs with me, so gave that. By June end, we received PR cards for Self and eldest child. Photos of my wife's and second child's were rejected. We received the letter to submit the photos to Calgary office either through mail or in person. Took pictures from walmart and went in person to submit. This time, the officer accepted my wife's and not my son's. So went to Walmart again, took another set. This time, it was accepted.

The Calgary office sends the files to Nova Scotia every Friday. It seems that it will take another 6-8 weeks for us to receive the cards. Will let you know when we receive the cards.

In case any of you are interested in going around Calgary by public transport, there is a site which details, which route to take etc. It also gives GPS coordinates, so it is easy to find the location, if you are travelling by car. see this -http://www.todocanada.ca
Here is a list of attractions - http://www.todocanada.ca/things-to-do-incalgary/

kanadatrustee

May 27, 2011
Just to give idea to folks waiting for PR-cards. I came to know today that our PR-cards were mailed on 4th Sep. We did our landing on 1st July.

symmetry

Jan 25, 2010
Hi,
what are the old and new specs on the photo requirements? I got the landing visa recently, the 2-page instruction has no mention of the photo requirements.

I have a 1 yr old little one landing with me. what are the reasons your younger kid's photo got rejected? trying to avoid it if the rejection is preventable.

Thanks,
Symmetry

Sinbad said:
This is our PR card experience
We landed in April. At the time of landing, we submitted photos according to the old specs. The officer accepted all our photos expect my youngest one's. I had photos according to new specs with me, so gave that. By June end, we received PR cards for Self and eldest child. Photos of my wife's and second child's were rejected. We received the letter to submit the photos to Calgary office either through mail or in person. Took pictures from walmart and went in person to submit. This time, the officer accepted my wife's and not my son's. So went to Walmart again, took another set. This time, it was accepted.

The Calgary office sends the files to Nova Scotia every Friday. It seems that it will take another 6-8 weeks for us to receive the cards. Will let you know when we receive the cards.

In case any of you are interested in going around Calgary by public transport, there is a site which details, which route to take etc. It also gives GPS coordinates, so it is easy to find the location, if you are travelling by car. see this -http://www.todocanada.ca
Here is a list of attractions - http://www.todocanada.ca/things-to-do-incalgary/

Aliya

Jan 23, 2009
Hi,

I've got PR through AINP and planning to land to Toronto. I'll be going there for a week in next 2 weeks time. What all papers do I need to carry with me? I'm flying from NY to Toronto. It seems most of the people on the website drove if they went to a province other than Alberta. Is that okay to fly to Toronto for landing rather than Alberta. Because, I'm not moving there permanently right now. Also, Will I be able to apply for PR, SIN card and Health card in Toronto. I've some friends in both Toronto and Calgary. I'll give their addresses where needed. Thanks in advance!

Aliya

BZ Mom

Mar 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/10/2008
Nomination.....
06/01/2009
AOR Received.
19/08/2009
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
28/12/2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/03/2010
VISA ISSUED...
20/04/2010
LANDED..........
27/11/2010
Aliya said:
Hi,

I've got PR through AINP and planning to land to Toronto. I'll be going there for a week in next 2 weeks time. What all papers do I need to carry with me? I'm flying from NY to Toronto. It seems most of the people on the website drove if they went to a province other than Alberta. Is that okay to fly to Toronto for landing rather than Alberta. Because, I'm not moving there permanently right now. Also, Will I be able to apply for PR, SIN card and Health card in Toronto. I've some friends in both Toronto and Calgary. I'll give their addresses where needed. Thanks in advance!

Aliya
Hi,

It's okay to land in Toronto I think... but since you are under AINP, if questioned, you should tell them that you are just landing and you do not intend to settle in Toronto. For the health card, you should apply for it in Alberta once you have settled. Healthcare in Toronto is different from Alberta.

Aliya

Jan 23, 2009
BZ Mom said:
Hi,

It's okay to land in Toronto I think... but since you are under AINP, if questioned, you should tell them that you are just landing and you do not intend to settle in Toronto. For the health card, you should apply for it in Alberta once you have settled. Healthcare in Toronto is different from Alberta.
Thanks for your reply! Can I apply for PR card at the airport and SIN number in Toronto. Because I would want to travel from USA to Canada after landing based on my PR status.

freeradical17

Star Member
Mar 1, 2009
kanadatrustee said:
Just to give idea to folks waiting for PR-cards. I came to know today that our PR-cards were mailed on 4th Sep. We did our landing on 1st July.
Hi,

I completed my landing at peace bridge (buffalo) on 1st of Sept. Will they send the PR card automatically? One of my friends told me that to get the PR card, we need to send an application form and attach the fee and copy of COPR.

Thanks

shambho

Jan 8, 2010
hey cooldip and other experienced folks....I am in the same boat. I did landing in same week of 4th July. But, did not receive the card yet.

And, now I have another problem. I gave my friend's address for the card and now his project is over. He is planning to go back to home country very soon. What can I do to change the delivery address for the PR card?

shambho

Jan 8, 2010
kanadatrustee said:
Hey kanadatrustee - how can we know the status of the cards? Is there a phone number to call to know if the cards were mailed or not?

Thanks a ton in advance.

Sinbad

Star Member
Jun 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 9,2010
LANDED..........
Apr 24,2011
symmetry said:
Hi,
what are the old and new specs on the photo requirements? I got the landing visa recently, the 2-page instruction has no mention of the photo requirements.

I have a 1 yr old little one landing with me. what are the reasons your younger kid's photo got rejected? trying to avoid it if the rejection is preventable.

Thanks,
Symmetry
Photos specification is the same for everybody. I donot know why it was rejected. The officer at Coutts checked the pictures before accepting it. Still it was rejected. The photo specs has changed from April 1st.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445EB.asp

qriousjunta

Mar 30, 2010
Hey guys

I landed on 1st July at Calgary , Still have not received my PR card.
Kanadatrustee, you are the lucky guy man, how did you manage to call CIC? Which number did you dial?

symmetry

Jan 25, 2010
Sinbad said:
Photos specification is the same for everybody. I donot know why it was rejected. The officer at Coutts checked the pictures before accepting it. Still it was rejected. The photo specs has changed from April 1st.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445EB.asp
Thanks for offering the link.