+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP - SRS H1B Landing Experience and post landing related activities.

freeradical17

Star Member
Mar 1, 2009
Sinbad said:
No. The officer prepared all the docs. We just signed the form. I signed for self and kids(principal applicant).
Sindbad,

I was asked to sign only on COPR forms. Did you sign any other form for PR cards?

Thanks

Sinbad

Star Member
Jun 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 9,2010
LANDED..........
Apr 24,2011
freeradical17 said:
Sindbad,

I was asked to sign only on COPR forms. Did you sign any other form for PR cards?

Thanks
I think I signed another white sheet, with a 'box' for signature, which is for the PR cards. The officer reminded us to sign inside the box too. Ask others too.

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
AUG 2011 - Not On My Merits But On His Grace
freeradical17 said:
Sindbad,

Thanks
buddy

u need to sign in the COPR form only , 3 signatures by the principle applicant and 2 by others

biju

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
AUG 2011 - Not On My Merits But On His Grace
Aliya said:
Can anyone reply if I do landing in Toronto. will I be able to apply for PR card and SIN number there. I want to come back in 1 week's time after doing landing formalities and so want to give a friend's address in Toronto/ calgary for the PR card. I just want to know if I come back to US before getting my PR card, how will I be able to travel next time there? Thank you.
hi

If ur a PNP thn u need to land in tht province or u need to give a address in that province to send the PR card.

without a PR Card u cannot fly back to canada next time. but with ur signed COPR u can drive to.

Biju

yvzp

Sep 11, 2011
For those that have already landed, I will be landing in a month. I will be driving and have a moving truck, how specific do O need to have the PERSONAL EFFECTS ACCOUNTING DOCUMENT. Do I really have to list everything? I am taking all my belongings, so this would be a huge pain. What did you have down, and If you had a moving truck, did they hold it for awhile to check it or anything?

Aliya

Jan 23, 2009
bijupv007 said:
hi

If ur a PNP thn u need to land in tht province or u need to give a address in that province to send the PR card.

without a PR Card u cannot fly back to canada next time. but with ur signed COPR u can drive to.

Biju
Thanks for the reply. What all docs one need to carry while landing besides passport and COPR form? Do they ask for financial proof in terms of bank statements, cash etc..? What kind of questions an immigration officer usualy ask from people who go there just for landing?

Sinbad

Star Member
Jun 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 9,2010
LANDED..........
Apr 24,2011
yvzp said:
For those that have already landed, I will be landing in a month. I will be driving and have a moving truck, how specific do O need to have the PERSONAL EFFECTS ACCOUNTING DOCUMENT. Do I really have to list everything? I am taking all my belongings, so this would be a huge pain. What did you have down, and If you had a moving truck, did they hold it for awhile to check it or anything?
This is what I have done.

I wrote according to boxes.I shipped using freight. So mine was according to the box no and wrote a general heading.
like-
box 1- used clothes (pants, shirts etc) - approximate amount in the value column.
box 2 - clothes(sweaters,jackets)
box 3 - used Kitchen utensils including spoons, nonstick pans
on and so forth.

But list Tv, computer with serial no. and jewellery etc separately

babrsultan

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Hello Everyone!

Respected Members!

My Post may look awkward in this thread but i wanted to contact people who have successfully completed their PNP Processing. I am done with the Medicals and submitted RPRF Draft. In order to prove my own funds, i had submitted the bank statement of my supporting family member. All of these documents were submitted a month ago. Yesterday, i received an email from CHC London that demands me to provide bank statement of my own account name for at least six months to date. I don't have that much money in my account. I need to know if anyone of you had also submitted other documents rather then own bank statement.

Any information in this regard will be highly regarded. I anxiously await your response.

Regards,
Sultan

C

cchabert

babrsultan said:
Respected Members!

My Post may look awkward in this thread but i wanted to contact people who have successfully completed their PNP Processing. I am done with the Medicals and submitted RPRF Draft. In order to prove my own funds, i had submitted the bank statement of my supporting family member. All of these documents were submitted a month ago. Yesterday, i received an email from CHC London that demands me to provide bank statement of my own account name for at least six months to date. I don't have that much money in my account. I need to know if anyone of you had also submitted other documents rather then own bank statement.

Any information in this regard will be highly regarded. I anxiously await your response.

Regards,
Sultan
Usually but not always they ask for these statements of six months to verify that you have your funds to move to Canada and not that you're receiving that money as a loan from a family just to have the requirement and when you move to Canada return the money and start asking for wellfare.

Peace!

DBat

Jan 20, 2010
Sav, GA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2009
Doc's Request.
15th Feb 2010
Nomination.....
09-03-2010
Hi All

Is there anyway that we can call the call center from US to know whether the PR cards dispatched or not if so what is the number.

We landed in Calgary and gave one of my friends address and I was you will get the PR cards within 40 business day but I dont know whther they are dispatched to the given location.

Please anyone can help me

thank you

ohhcanada

Star Member
Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
xx-03-2009
Nomination.....
xx-11-2009
AOR Received.
04-08-2010
Med's Request
08-08-2010
Med's Done....
xx-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
xx-03-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
DBat said:
Hi All

Is there anyway that we can call the call center from US to know whether the PR cards dispatched or not if so what is the number.

We landed in Calgary and gave one of my friends address and I was you will get the PR cards within 40 business day but I dont know whther they are dispatched to the given location.

Please anyone can help me

thank you
This thread has some suggestion from folks on the forum. Hopefully one of them will work for you. Good luck.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-to-reach-cic-call-centre-toll-free-number-from-outside-canada-t24877.0.html

May 9, 2009
I completed my landing during the first week of August, but I am still yet to receive my PR card. I am getting a bit concerned now. Appreciate if someone here could please share their PR card's receipt wait times after their landing.

ohhcanada

Star Member
Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
xx-03-2009
Nomination.....
xx-11-2009
AOR Received.
04-08-2010
Med's Request
08-08-2010
Med's Done....
xx-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
xx-03-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
bloretoalberta said:
I completed my landing during the first week of August, but I am still yet to receive my PR card. I am getting a bit concerned now. Appreciate if someone here could please share their PR card's receipt wait times after their landing.
I landed July 21 and still waiting for any communication from CIC. I called them 3 times so far. The last time I called it was over the 53 business days which is well over the 43 or 45 business days they ask you to wait for your card. The said they would send a notice to the PR card office for more info. And that it can take upto 30 more days (presumably 30 business days as well) when I should receive some communication from them. I see some people on the forum who got their PR who landed 1-2 weeks before me and I see others who landed with them are still waiting. I guess it is a hit or miss. Possibly because most new immigrants land in Summer when kids are off from school and the weather here is not so cold. I am just hoping that it is only a matter of high volume than normal for them during the Summer months to process the extra PR cards on time.

Remember the wait for the Visa's and all that before we landed in Canada. Keep your hopes alive. take care.

PRmein

Mar 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2 2009
Doc's Request.
Mar 31 2010
Nomination.....
Jun 21 2010
Med's Request
Feb 3 2011
Med's Done....
Mar 10 2011
Passport Req..
Aug 11 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 19 2011
Hello guys,

I am planning to do my landing in Ontario via Buffalo in 2 weeks.
I've heard- in addition to the CPR forms, we need to produce the "Goods Carrying list" and the "Goods to follow list".

Is there a standard format for these lists? I would appreciate if someone could share their personal experience.

Thanks

ohhcanada

Star Member
Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
xx-03-2009
Nomination.....
xx-11-2009
AOR Received.
04-08-2010
Med's Request
08-08-2010
Med's Done....
xx-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
xx-03-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
PRmein said:
Hello guys,

I am planning to do my landing in Ontario via Buffalo in 2 weeks.
I've heard- in addition to the CPR forms, we need to produce the "Goods Carrying list" and the "Goods to follow list".

Is there a standard format for these lists? I would appreciate if someone could share their personal experience.

Thanks
I used the following form. Made copies. One for things I carried with me, one for items to follow. I also asked how long do I have for my things to following me; the customs officer upto 1 year. However, please verify this on your own as well.

Also make sure you make copies for your records.

http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4-eng.pdf

Good luck.