+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP - SRS H1B Landing Experience and post landing related activities.

setupandit

Oct 16, 2018
Hello All,

I completed my landing process last week on August 19 at Edmonton International Airport. It was an extremely pleasant experience.

The first CBSA officer greeted me, checked my passport and asked me to go to immigration office. I was the only person in line. Another CBSA officer called me and checked my documents, stamped my passport and asked me to sign COPR. No questions were asked. She simply welcomed me to Canada and talked about the weather. I asked her some questions about the cash I was carrying and about the goods to follow. After stamping my passport she asked me to see the cashier. I went to the cashier at customs and showed the goods accompanying and goods to follow lists. I had two copies of each list. He stamped both and kept one copy and returned one to me. He also said, "welcome to Canada". It felt really very good.

Next day I went to Canada Place in downtown where all the govt. offices are located. Applied for SIN number and got it in 5 mins. That lady also welcomed me to Canada. Then went to Alberta Health Services in Scotia Place and applied for Alberta Health Care Insurance and also for Provincial ID. Got those two numbers in 30 mins. All respective cards except PR card should be arriving in 2 weeks at my mailing address in Canada. I was surprised by the speed at which all this happened. I also opened a bank account the same day. It was a very nice experience as well.

If any one of you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. I will be glad to help you.
hey.. I have a question that.. I have province nomination .. which is from prince of Edward island..

so do I have to enter prince of Edward during my first visit to Canada. as soft landing..

virendera84

Star Member
Jul 28, 2016
India
NOC Code......
Hello,

I have created my profile in Express Entry and I have few queries regarding AINP. If anyone of you have any information regarding the same, please share.

1. What is the procedure of selection of candidate from Express Entry?
2. How many candidates will be selected in Year 2018 and Year 2019?
3. What is minimum CRS score of candidate selected in Year 2018?
4. Is there any occupation-in -demand list. If yes please share.

Regards,
Virendera Kundu

elena0709

Dec 18, 2018
Hi, my husband is close work permit holder, I’m on open work permit. Can I apply on AINP with open work permit?

shru1788

Jul 30, 2018
I m still waiting for ppr...my medical done in April.. hopefully get it in January... any one has same timeline??

shru1788

Jul 30, 2018
Hi I am in the same boat as you are,

Got my medical Request may 9,
Got pre arrival letter July 06

My applications say
They don’t need additional documents
No biometrics needed
Medical passed
Still checking criminal background

No changes since July!

I thought they would send me passport request beginning of September but not yet!

Please let me know if you get your passport request

Cheers,
I think it’s take longer.. I m tired of waiting for ppr so not even cheaking my cic status

mahsiyatsi

Jan 15, 2019
Hello All,

I completed my landing process last week on August 19 at Edmonton International Airport. It was an extremely pleasant experience.

The first CBSA officer greeted me, checked my passport and asked me to go to immigration office. I was the only person in line. Another CBSA officer called me and checked my documents, stamped my passport and asked me to sign COPR. No questions were asked. She simply welcomed me to Canada and talked about the weather. I asked her some questions about the cash I was carrying and about the goods to follow. After stamping my passport she asked me to see the cashier. I went to the cashier at customs and showed the goods accompanying and goods to follow lists. I had two copies of each list. He stamped both and kept one copy and returned one to me. He also said, "welcome to Canada". It felt really very good.

Next day I went to Canada Place in downtown where all the govt. offices are located. Applied for SIN number and got it in 5 mins. That lady also welcomed me to Canada. Then went to Alberta Health Services in Scotia Place and applied for Alberta Health Care Insurance and also for Provincial ID. Got those two numbers in 30 mins. All respective cards except PR card should be arriving in 2 weeks at my mailing address in Canada. I was surprised by the speed at which all this happened. I also opened a bank account the same day. It was a very nice experience as well.

If any one of you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. I will be glad to help you.
One of the immigration officer called us and asked us some questions:

IO: What brings you to Canada?
ME: I am landing here today as a part of the immigration process

IO: Are you moving in to Canada today ?
ME: We are here to complete the landing formalities and are travelling back to the US immediately. I have my job until end of November and I intend to move to Canada permanently after that.

The immigration officer started asking some regular Qs about goods to follow and We were asked to wait. After waiting for 20 minutes, the immigration officer called us again.

IO: Please sign these COPR forms without touching the green border.
ME: -- Signed the forms

king96bill

Jan 20, 2019
Hi,

I am starting this thread for the convinience of those who are preparing for the landing shortly. Please follow this thread for landing related.

Thanks,
L.B

I landed in Canada through Detroit Ambassador bridge.

One of the immigration officer called us and asked us some questions:

IO: What brings you to Canada?
ME: I am landing here today as a part of the immigration process

IO: Are you moving in to Canada today ?
ME: We are here to complete the landing formalities and are travelling back to the US immediately. I have my job until end of November and I intend to move to Canada permanently after that.

The immigration officer started asking some regular Qs about goods to follow and We were asked to wait. After waiting for 20 minutes, the immigration officer called us again.

IO: Please sign these COPR forms without touching the green border.
ME: -- Signed the forms --

She tore off one of the pages in the COPR form and stapled it to our passports and put a seal with the landing date.

IO: Your landing has been completed and the proof for the same is attached to your passport.

The immigration officer informed me that since I'm not moving in I cannot apply for PR Card and asked me to apply for PR card when I live in Canada and she also told me that with the landing paper attached to the passport we can't travel to canada through air but only by road.so I asked what my options are if i am flying from india to canada she said you can get a travel document from embassy in delhi and travel with that.

ME: I didn't know what to say now.

IO: Do you have any questions for me? Hand over this slip to the security officer outside.
A: No Thank you so much for your help.

Handed over the slip and the security officer released the vehicle keys to us.

Made a U-turn and started traveling into the US and successfully used AVR. But, they made an entry on our passports.

What's my option to apply for PR Card now ? any suggestion ? help?

Thanks

Today I checked the ECas status and it says :

We started processing your application on July 10, 2009.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

You entered Canada at the Windsor Ambassador Bridge office on July 19, 2010 and became a Permanent Resident.

syntaxrage

May 21, 2018
From 437 last year dropped to 426 this year because of my b day . On Jan 24th, I got a NOI from Ontario, I sent an email stating that I am interested, but I haven't started the application process. Today, I got and NOI from Alberta and I have acknowledge. I have 3 yrs work experience in AB and a diploma . I think once AINP confirms the letter, I would qualify under Alberta Express Entry Stream. Anyone can share their experience with either of the two PNP?

ozana

Nov 17, 2018
Hi everyone. Long post alert!
I have received expression of interest letter/email from Alberta which I need to accept within 2 weeks. Just wondering how long after acceptance should I expect to receive email to submit my documents? Also if I eventually get PR under Alberta PNP category and I move to Alberta, is it quite difficult to find any job. I am looking to work as dental assistant or medical receptionist in a dental clinic/medical clinic? Also am I able to move to another province if i get job opportunity? Your responses will be greatly appreciated!
Thank you.

ozana

Nov 17, 2018
Hi everyone. I have received notification of interest from alberta which I have accepted. now they sent me a document checklist and application form to fill and send back to them. I just wanted to ask that do I have to provide my POF now or later once I receive nomination from the province? please help.

JodianL

Mar 27, 2019
Hi everyone. I have received notification of interest from alberta which I have accepted. now they sent me a document checklist and application form to fill and send back to them. I just wanted to ask that do I have to provide my POF now or later once I receive nomination from the province? please help.
You will only need to state the amount of funds you will take to Canada. No proof is required just yet.

tchange

Oct 27, 2015
Hi guys,

For those who have recently received NOI from Alberta, is proof of settlement fund part of the documents you are required to submit for a nomination certificate?

Also, must you be currently working in the NOC for which you were issued NOI?

Do you know if NOC 6235 also received NOI recently?