+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP - SRS H1B Landing Experience and post landing related activities.

Edmontonbound

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 10, 2012
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2011
AOR Received.
May 23, 2012
Med's Request
May 23 2012
Med's Done....
May 29, 2012 In Process.......:May 31, 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 04, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 03, 2013 PP Received w/ visa Oct 04, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct 18, 2013
rajkatak said:
I will be dooing my landing soon after receiving my PP. I am based in US on H1B visa have applied thru AINP to canada. The issue is i have no friends or relatives in Alberta province, however i have some in Torento, I will be driving to Toronto to do my landing, so can i give my friends address in Toronto to the Immigration officer to mail GC's or is it necessary to have a Alberta address,if yes can any forum member here from Alberta can help. Feel free to PM if you wish. Thanks and will greatly appreciate suggestions of fellow. members.
Can you please share your timeline with us?

legalcitizen

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

i got an email from AINP dept asking me to complete a survay. below is the mail for your reference.

email:

Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) - Survey Feedback Required by August 8, 2013

Dear xxxxxxxxxx

When you submitted your Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) application, you agreed to complete a brief survey when you became a permanent resident. The AINP is required by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to collect data on its nominees within three years after they become permanent residents.

The AINP relies on feedback from permanent residents like you to help us improve our program. Your survey must be completed by August 8, 2013 and should take about 5 minutes to complete. You will need your personal AINP Survey Number to complete your survey. Your AINP Survey Number is: SRSHxxxxxx. Write down this number before starting your survey.

Click on this link to start the survey.

The information collected through this survey will be treated and stored in a confidential manner in compliance with current privacy legislation.

Thank you for your time and valuable input. If you have a question about the survey, you may contact ainp.info@gov.ab.ca.

After completeing the survay, here is the message

Your AINP survey has now been submitted. Thank you for taking time to complete our survey. The AINP may be following up in the future to see how you are settling in Alberta. Please keep us updated if you change your telephone number or email address using the AINP Change of Address and Contact Information Form found on our website

looks like they are tracking .

Regards,

lee26

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2009
Nomination.....
10-01-2010
AOR Received.
04-11-2010
File Transfer...
30-03-2011
Med's Request
10-11-2010
Med's Done....
20-11-2010
Passport Req..
23-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2011
Hi,

Can you please let me know what thay are asking us to enter in survey. Appreciate your reply.

Thanks
Lee

legalcitizen said:
Hi All,

i got an email from AINP dept asking me to complete a survay. below is the mail for your reference.

email:

Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) - Survey Feedback Required by August 8, 2013

Dear xxxxxxxxxx

When you submitted your Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) application, you agreed to complete a brief survey when you became a permanent resident. The AINP is required by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to collect data on its nominees within three years after they become permanent residents.

The AINP relies on feedback from permanent residents like you to help us improve our program. Your survey must be completed by August 8, 2013 and should take about 5 minutes to complete. You will need your personal AINP Survey Number to complete your survey. Your AINP Survey Number is: SRSHxxxxxx. Write down this number before starting your survey.

Click on this link to start the survey.

The information collected through this survey will be treated and stored in a confidential manner in compliance with current privacy legislation.

Thank you for your time and valuable input. If you have a question about the survey, you may contact ainp.info @ gov.ab.ca.

After completeing the survay, here is the message

Your AINP survey has now been submitted. Thank you for taking time to complete our survey. The AINP may be following up in the future to see how you are settling in Alberta. Please keep us updated if you change your telephone number or email address using the AINP Change of Address and Contact Information Form found on our website

looks like they are tracking .

Regards,

legalcitizen

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lee26 said:
Hi,

Can you please let me know what thay are asking us to enter in survey. Appreciate your reply.

Thanks
Lee
Basically questions about your address/phone number and what kind of govt programs are utilized to get a job etc..

lee26

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2009
Nomination.....
10-01-2010
AOR Received.
04-11-2010
File Transfer...
30-03-2011
Med's Request
10-11-2010
Med's Done....
20-11-2010
Passport Req..
23-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2011
Thank you for reply

Lee

legalcitizen said:
Basically questions about your address/phone number and what kind of govt programs are utilized to get a job etc..

madhavraok

Jul 30, 2013
Hello,
Just learnt about this forum and decided to join fellow migrants to Canada.
I applied through ANIP in Aug 2009 (just got in and they closed the program) via the H1 program
Received nomination in Oct 2012.
Applied to CIC in Jan 2013
Medical completed in Apr 2013
Passport sent to CIC in Jun 2013
Received visa stamp in Jul 2013
Headed for landing in Sep 2013 (validity is only till Feb 2014) to Calgary

- Needed help with what documentation would be required
-What is the financial proof? Would my US Bank statements suffice the requirements? I read Sarayu's posts and learnt that I need to take all the documentation I filled while filing the paper work.
- Do I need to take an appointment at the CIC office in Calgary or is it a walk in?
- Do not plan on relocating for a while (find a job and then move) Would it be OK to say I would relocate in a few mo?

Any cautions to be aware of prior to heading north?
Kindly suggest the timelines for the entire process.
Plan to stay there for 4 days, hope this will be sufficient to finish the paperwork?

Thanks

sarayu

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Nov-2012
Nomination.....
29-Mar-2012 Nomination Extn: 28-Sep-2012
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
Med's Request
16-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
25-Jan-2013 ECAS "Med Rec": 21-Mar-2013 In Process: 05-Sep-2013 Decision Made: 05-Oct-2013
Passport Req..
07-Oct-2013 & 20-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
10-Mar-2014
madhavraok said:
Hello,
Just learnt about this forum and decided to join fellow migrants to Canada.
I applied through ANIP in Aug 2009 (just got in and they closed the program) via the H1 program
Received nomination in Oct 2012.
Applied to CIC in Jan 2013
Medical completed in Apr 2013
Passport sent to CIC in Jun 2013
Received visa stamp in Jul 2013
Headed for landing in Sep 2013 (validity is only till Feb 2014) to Calgary

- Needed help with what documentation would be required
-What is the financial proof? Would my US Bank statements suffice the requirements? I read Sarayu's posts and learnt that I need to take all the documentation I filled while filing the paper work.
- Do I need to take an appointment at the CIC office in Calgary or is it a walk in?
- Do not plan on relocating for a while (find a job and then move) Would it be OK to say I would relocate in a few mo?

Any cautions to be aware of prior to heading north?
Kindly suggest the timelines for the entire process.
Plan to stay there for 4 days, hope this will be sufficient to finish the paperwork?

Thanks
Hi Madhav Rao,

I am really pleased to see your message. Looking for a very long time to see if somebody is there from AINP-H1B visa holder category. I really want to know more about your case. If you don't mind, send me reply to my personal message. I can share the info whatever I know.

Thanks,
Sarayu.

ofonzo

Nov 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2012
Nomination.....
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
23-10-2012
IELTS Request
18-05-12
Med's Request
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-12-2012
Passport Req..
01-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2013
LANDED..........
02-08-2013
Hello Guys,

My family and I finally landed in Calgary on Friday, 2nd of August. We transitted to Calgary through Frankfurt on Air-Canada flight. Flight and cabin crew were wonderful. I just want to thank Jesus for bringing to pass that which my heart has always desired.
We landed in Calgary international at 12:15pm, and straight through to immigration, it was a long line but processing is done pretty quickly, it got to our turn, immigration officer asked us, if were visiting, we told her we were landing as permanent residents today, she asked for our passports/visas and she looked at the COPR, she cancelled the visas, she also went through our landing cards, asked what kind of food we brought and how much money we were carrying and if we had goods to follow (GTFs) she wrote everything on the landing card and said "Welcome to Canada", I told her I have always wanted to hear those words. She directed us to another desk to go to process the landing papers(COPR). At this desk, the IO asked me to sign for the kids since I was the the principal applicant. He stamped the COPR after all COPRs were filled and wished us best of luck. He directed us to customs, who looked through the information on the landing cards, young customs lady asked if the money we had ($12,000) was in the possession of one person and that is not what they want, coincidentally, my wife had $4k, while I had $8k, she signed off on the card as okay. She now asked for our goods to follow list, i had prepared two copies of this list, she asked me to value them, attached another form, stamped the forms and asked me to endorse the forms and we were done with landing. We picked up two trolleys, picked up our bags and headed out to arrivals.
A point to note, while On board the plane, landing cards were distributed to all passengers. The landing card requires information on your address in Canada, the money you are bringing and if you have any agricultural products you are bringing to Canada. Please don't try to hide anything, answer the questions truthfully, please tick yes on the card. One guy didn't admit what he was bringing something in and he got pulled aside, the customs were very upset that he tried to conceal it, I am not sure if it was money or produce but he didn't find it easy. There is a $400 fine for not declaring food items and that goes on your record, you don't want to start your new life that way, trust me.
It's a holiday weekend here (Heritage Day)so we haven't been able to do social insurance, Alberta healthcare registration and open a bank account, we intend to do that tomorrow. I will let you know how that goes.
We are in Calgary for landing and will spend only 3 weeks, we intend to be back finally in the next 12 -18 months, God wiling.

To my friends still waiting for PRV, it is worth the wait, don't despair and don't agonize, just prepare with getting information and doing certifications. So far I am told, it's experience, certifications before educational degree. I will be sitting for the PMP exams in the next few months.

madhavraok

Jul 30, 2013
Congrats on completing the process.
Did you have to take an appointment with the CIC office in Calgary to go do the paperwork? Additionally what documents did you take to the office?

Thanks

@ Sarayu:
Sorry could not call you, was travelling. Will call you this weekend Aug 9th/10th/11th. Let me know your availability
Thanks

ofonzo said:
Hello Guys,

My family and I finally landed in Calgary on Friday, 2nd of August. We transitted to Calgary through Frankfurt on Air-Canada flight. Flight and cabin crew were wonderful. I just want to thank Jesus for bringing to pass that which my heart has always desired.
We landed in Calgary international at 12:15pm, and straight through to immigration, it was a long line but processing is done pretty quickly, it got to our turn, immigration officer asked us, if were visiting, we told her we were landing as permanent residents today, she asked for our passports/visas and she looked at the COPR, she cancelled the visas, she also went through our landing cards, asked what kind of food we brought and how much money we were carrying and if we had goods to follow (GTFs) she wrote everything on the landing card and said "Welcome to Canada", I told her I have always wanted to hear those words. She directed us to another desk to go to process the landing papers(COPR). At this desk, the IO asked me to sign for the kids since I was the the principal applicant. He stamped the COPR after all COPRs were filled and wished us best of luck. He directed us to customs, who looked through the information on the landing cards, young customs lady asked if the money we had ($12,000) was in the possession of one person and that is not what they want, coincidentally, my wife had $4k, while I had $8k, she signed off on the card as okay. She now asked for our goods to follow list, i had prepared two copies of this list, she asked me to value them, attached another form, stamped the forms and asked me to endorse the forms and we were done with landing. We picked up two trolleys, picked up our bags and headed out to arrivals.
A point to note, while On board the plane, landing cards were distributed to all passengers. The landing card requires information on your address in Canada, the money you are bringing and if you have any agricultural products you are bringing to Canada. Please don't try to hide anything, answer the questions truthfully, please tick yes on the card. One guy didn't admit what he was bringing something in and he got pulled aside, the customs were very upset that he tried to conceal it, I am not sure if it was money or produce but he didn't find it easy. There is a $400 fine for not declaring food items and that goes on your record, you don't want to start your new life that way, trust me.
It's a holiday weekend here (Heritage Day)so we haven't been able to do social insurance, Alberta healthcare registration and open a bank account, we intend to do that tomorrow. I will let you know how that goes.
We are in Calgary for landing and will spend only 3 weeks, we intend to be back finally in the next 12 -18 months, God wiling.

To my friends still waiting for PRV, it is worth the wait, don't despair and don't agonize, just prepare with getting information and doing certifications. So far I am told, it's experience, certifications before educational degree. I will be sitting for the PMP exams in the next few months.

MapleDreamer

Jul 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2011
Med's Request
09-04-2013
Med's Done....
17-04-2013
Interview........
21-02-2013
Passport Req..
18-06-2013 (CHC London Rcvd)
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2013
LANDED..........
04-08-2013 (Calgary Airport)
Hi Ofonzo,

I am writing just because I read your post saying that you and your family landed Canada last August 2nd. Me and husband landed in Calgary last August 4 also from Frankfurt with Air Canada (my experience was not that great because we almost didnt get in the flight). Anyway, we are in Canada almost the same time, we drove to Banff and Lake Louise spent the Heritage day there then took a bus to Edmonton and that's were we did all our paper works for the Health card and SIN..

So how are you all doing so far? Do you have a confirmed employment before you reach Canada? I am a bit worried about the "looking for job part".

If you can please share your experience to me, I would appreciate.

Regards,
Maple Dreamer

ofonzo said:
Hello Guys,

madhavraok

Jul 30, 2013
Completed landing on 27th August,
Folks,
My family landed in Calgary on the 27th Aug 2013 at 11:00 pm. We completed the process by 11:30 pm. The officer asked only one questions. "Where do you want your cards to be delivered?". That's it. Then she mentioned "You will receive the cards by mail in two mo time".

Next day we finished the Social Insurance at Harry Hays building and Health Insurance at the TLC location in Bow Valley Square building.
Rest of the 1 wk stay was sightseeing to all the Standard tourist spots (Calgary Tower, Lake Louise, Lake Moraine, Lake Minewanka, Banff, Heritage Park etc..)

For those planning to travel to Calgary:
Guys, I did not have much info abt the city. But trust me, the city is a really nice place, full of migrants and the entire city if friendly when you say you are visiting. One lady actually called a toll free transit number to help us figure out which bus we needed to take. For those who have smart phones, Calgary Downtown is very wi-fi friendly. There is Tim Hortons at every corner with Free Wi-Fi. If not, just walk into any of the hi-rises and go to the Food Court, you have free wi-fi in all buildings. Public transport is just awesome in the city. It is very easy to go around the city. A very well planned city with good street numbering system, the numbering system is actually very friendly to get around without maps, you just need to figure out the trick to it.
Don't rent a car to go to DownTown, its a hassel to park and parking is quite expensive. Just use public transport, which is very punctual and easy to use. One of the Bus drivers actually came down the bus to show us directions to where we needed to go.
Those planning to stay for a few nights, don't bother staying in hotel, just use websites for staying at someone's palce. we stayed at one guys condo close to Downtown and were very happy with the arrangements.

Overall a nice trip.
A lot of folks I spoke to there said job market is pretty good right now especially if you have one of the technical degrees. Weather was really nice so we had loads of outdoor fun.

Stay safe and gud luck to those who are still waiting. Its well worth the wait.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

It is rather unfortunate to inform you that if you have submitted your application to Quebec and you have not yet been called for an interview nor have got the final decision yet, your application will be processed according to the new rules in effect since August 1st, 2013, no matter when you submitted your application.

Please check this FAQ, specifically answer No. 1
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/questions-answers.html#august

Also, please help us to send a complaint to the Minister of Immigration by using the link below, you can send the complaint in either English or French,

http://www.micc.gouv.qc.ca/fr/ministere/ecrire.html

Many thanks guys!

bluesky19

Sep 11, 2013
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 13, 2013
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
Jan 03, 2013
AOR Received.
July 04, 2013
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
RPRF 27th Aug 2013
Med's Request
16th Aug 2013
Med's Done....
20th Aug 2013
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
07th march 2014
VISA ISSUED...
27th march 2014
LANDED..........
30 july 2014.. finally !!
hello,

I am in the process of doing my landing process from US to Canada AINP. I do need some advice regarding the same, Could you pls let me know the best way I can contact you.

Thanks
Aakash

AB2009IL said:
Hello All,

I completed my landing process last week on August 19 at Edmonton International Airport. It was an extremely pleasant experience.

The first CBSA officer greeted me, checked my passport and asked me to go to immigration office. I was the only person in line. Another CBSA officer called me and checked my documents, stamped my passport and asked me to sign COPR. No questions were asked. She simply welcomed me to Canada and talked about the weather. I asked her some questions about the cash I was carrying and about the goods to follow. After stamping my passport she asked me to see the cashier. I went to the cashier at customs and showed the goods accompanying and goods to follow lists. I had two copies of each list. He stamped both and kept one copy and returned one to me. He also said, "welcome to Canada". It felt really very good.

Next day I went to Canada Place in downtown where all the govt. offices are located. Applied for SIN number and got it in 5 mins. That lady also welcomed me to Canada. Then went to Alberta Health Services in Scotia Place and applied for Alberta Health Care Insurance and also for Provincial ID. Got those two numbers in 30 mins. All respective cards except PR card should be arriving in 2 weeks at my mailing address in Canada. I was surprised by the speed at which all this happened. I also opened a bank account the same day. It was a very nice experience as well.

If any one of you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. I will be glad to help you.

sarayu

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Nov-2012
Nomination.....
29-Mar-2012 Nomination Extn: 28-Sep-2012
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
Med's Request
16-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
25-Jan-2013 ECAS "Med Rec": 21-Mar-2013 In Process: 05-Sep-2013 Decision Made: 05-Oct-2013
Passport Req..
07-Oct-2013 & 20-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
10-Mar-2014
bluesky19 said:
hello,

I am in the process of doing my landing process from US to Canada AINP. I do need some advice regarding the same, Could you pls let me know the best way I can contact you.

Thanks
Aakash
Hi Aakash,

I am still in the process of my Canada PR, but I can share the information whatever I have learnt from this forum. Just now I sent you personal message, please reply me.

Thanks,
Sarayu.

takeaguess

Sep 24, 2013
Is there anyone whose meds were done in June 2013? I'm trying to figure out the timeline for passport request once all of the steps are completed.