+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP - SRS H1B Landing Experience and post landing related activities.

tyler_sam

Star Member
Jun 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/04/2009
Doc's Request.
21/06/2009
Nomination.....
14/05/2010
AOR Received.
13/08/2010
IELTS Request
04/10/2010
File Transfer...
22/09/2011
Med's Request
13/05/2011
Med's Done....
16/06/2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
13/02/2012
VISA ISSUED...
26/03/2012
LANDED..........
LANDED 27/04/2012 RAINBOW BRIDGE BORDER
LB,
Your experience and informations are just so helpful to us especially me who is very scared to use AVR.
When you landed canada, did you ever had an alberta address that you gave to the canadian officer?
By the way what is next to medical exam as soon as they receive it?
Thanks and more power.
Brian

athungu

Jun 8, 2011
Hi Guys,

Did any one drove to vancouver for landing formalities (AINP) and has anyone successfully used AVR while returning to US. Also where is the US Port of Entry (POE) while returning from vancouver?

Thanks
Andy

tsrikanth

Star Member
Mar 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March-2009
Doc's Request.
Feb-2010
Nomination.....
April-2010
AOR Received.
07-06-2010
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
Yes - Detroit
Med's Request
07-06-2010
Med's Done....
08-07-2010
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
15-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-05-2011
LANDED..........
23-06-2011
Hi Friends,

Yesterday night I landed in Calgary and immigration, border,etc went very smooth (I will provide complete landing details once I come back to USA).

I filled PR Application forms, Goods carrying forms(filled in US only, online printouts) but nobody asked about this forms in Canada airport. I reminded at immigration section and at customs section but immigration officer said your PR will come in mail in between 4 to 8 weeks and customs lady told Goods carrying list not required(I said no to 'Do you have any goods to follow' question). They didn't ask Photo's also.

Seniors who landed earlier, please advice whether this is correct ?

Thanks,
Srikanth.

tyler_sam

Star Member
Jun 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/04/2009
Doc's Request.
21/06/2009
Nomination.....
14/05/2010
AOR Received.
13/08/2010
IELTS Request
04/10/2010
File Transfer...
22/09/2011
Med's Request
13/05/2011
Med's Done....
16/06/2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
13/02/2012
VISA ISSUED...
26/03/2012
LANDED..........
Hey Folks,
I have a question to anyone who may have similar experience. For my ANP application, CIC asked me to under medical last May 13, 2011 which I did last June 16, 2011 under DMP. They also requested my son to undergo medical exam which not going with me to Canada, am in the U.S on an H1 so II had my medical in U.S but my son is back to my country (Philippines) living with my ex-wife.
Does it mean that my son will have his medical in the Philippines? ..Will this affect my application process?
Anybody ofsame situation?
Thank you
Brian

tyler_sam

Star Member
Jun 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/04/2009
Doc's Request.
21/06/2009
Nomination.....
14/05/2010
AOR Received.
13/08/2010
IELTS Request
04/10/2010
File Transfer...
22/09/2011
Med's Request
13/05/2011
Med's Done....
16/06/2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
13/02/2012
VISA ISSUED...
26/03/2012
LANDED..........
Re: AINP - Medical for son

Hey Folks,
I have a question to anyone who may have similar experience. For my ANP application, CIC asked me to under medical last May 13, 2011 which I did last June 16, 2011 under DMP. They also requested my son to undergo medical exam which not going with me to Canada, am in the U.S on an H1 so II had my medical in U.S but my son is back to my country (Philippines) living with my ex-wife.
Does it mean that my son will have his medical in the Philippines? ..Will this affect my application process?
Anybody ofsame situation?
Thank you
Brian

Manny

Dec 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 30, 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2009 CIC App. Filed.: Mar 15, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Request
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 15, 2010 File transferred: Nov 10, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
Goods to follow list will be stamped and returned to you so that you can import those without having to pay duty. It is a transfer of residence benefit given to PRs for the first time. Not to worry - I guess there will be another way for you to get that benefit. Check with Canada customs on the process either when u return now or ahead of your permanent transfer to Canada.

PR app form not required for us.

tsrikanth said:
Hi Friends,

Yesterday night I landed in Calgary and immigration, border,etc went very smooth (I will provide complete landing details once I come back to USA).

I filled PR Application forms, Goods carrying forms(filled in US only, online printouts) but nobody asked about this forms in Canada airport. I reminded at immigration section and at customs section but immigration officer said your PR will come in mail in between 4 to 8 weeks and customs lady told Goods carrying list not required(I said no to 'Do you have any goods to follow' question). They didn't ask Photo's also.

Seniors who landed earlier, please advice whether this is correct ?

Thanks,
Srikanth.

tsrikanth

Star Member
Mar 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March-2009
Doc's Request.
Feb-2010
Nomination.....
April-2010
AOR Received.
07-06-2010
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
Yes - Detroit
Med's Request
07-06-2010
Med's Done....
08-07-2010
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
15-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-05-2011
LANDED..........
23-06-2011
Here is my landing experience. I landed on June 23rd(Thursday 12.00 AM night at Calgary Airport and returned back on June 25th using AVR for me and my wife via Niagara Falls border(I feared a lot about AVR, don't know how it works, even my employer also don't know) but its very easy and smooth :). Nobody was asked to surrender I-94 while leaving USA.

We travelled from Austin to Houston, then from Houston to Calgary (Flight delayed for 3 hours in Houston i.e reached at Calgary after 12 A.M in the night).Landing was smooth, in plane they gave us custom declaration form, we filled out and as soon as we landed we went POE counter and gave declaration form, passport.

POE Officer(PO): What's the purpose of trip.
Me: I am doing my landing today for PR.
PO: Is there any goods to follow list?
Me: No
PO: Then you filled Yes for ..... (I don't know what I filled)
Me: We are landing here and will go back to USA because we didn't plan to move now(i.e visa expiry date is very less).
PO scanned our passports, stamped on Declaration forms and asked us to go to immigration .

We went to immigration, there were three officers in 3 counters(one lady is rude :mad:).

Immigration Officer(IO)(i.e He is a nice guy): asked for passport and landing papers . He asked for how much money I have. I said brought $3500 cash with me and $16000 bank balance. He put $19000 figure on paper. He explained that 2/5 years you have to in CANADA and other rules like you can't contest in elections, can't vote when I am using PR. He said it will take 4-8 weeks to get PR cards and he stamped our passports. Said Welcome to Canada. :D

We left Immigration section and saw two lady officers, I gave declaration card to one of her and said thanks. I asked do I need to fill any form that goods carrying with me, she said not required.

Then we went to Hotel(Greenwood suites In hotel) in Calgary. I know this hotel is expensive(2 nights = $340 :() but don't want to take risk(as my wife is pregnant).

Next day I went to Canada Service centre to apply for SIN number and it went smoothly. Then I tried for Health Card in Registry office, they said answer for ‘183 days committed stay in 12 months period' in application. I said will go back to USA and come back after 2 months(I shouldn't say like that). He said apply for Health Card when you come back.
I tried in different registry centres, but they said address proof required and in another centre they said I have to be a member(asking $100) in that centre. Finally decided do not apply for Health card.(because I can't go to all offices as my wife is pregnant, she tired).

We used public transport(buses) mostly. In Calgary trains and bus transportation is good. If we buy ticket for $2.75/person you can use that ticket for 1.30 minutes. Streets are like in Calgary NE, NW, SE(Southe East),etc and names mostly like St and AVenue. SIN numbers you can apply in any Canada Service centres and Health Card in Registry centres. My suggestion is better to go to downtown office(Harry Hays Building) even though if you stay outside of downtown. Any way you can find public transportation.

Then next day(Friday) we went to Toronto(my cousin stays there), spent some time with family. On Saturday around 11 AM we started towards Niagara falls(Instead of high-way, we went through Niagara Village i.e across the Ontario river). We boarded for “Maid of the mist” boat and enjoyed in Niagara Falls scene.

Then we had a tension about crossing the border. My cousin, his daughter, my wife, myself in queue in the car for POE(just like toll gate booth). After 5 minutes, its our turn. We stopped our card near to his booth. My cousin gave 4 passports i.e two Canadian and two Indian passports(We put I-797 approval copies in Passports, we are using AVR). My cousin told he and his daughter were Canadian citizens.

POE officer(PO): Where are you going? (he asked to me).
Me: I am going to Austin.
POE: Do you have a job over there ?
Me: Yes Sir. I have a job.
POE: In which profession you are working?
Me: Software engineer.
POE officer went to another booth(I think, he confirmed about AVR expired passport and valid H1 copy) and came back, said make sure staple I-94 to your passport then said all set you can leave now. (Ohhhh god, we entered into USA). From buffalo airport we went to Austin.

Please let me know if anybody wants any information ?

itsvino

Jun 28, 2011
Hi
I am planning to land in Calgary in July 2nd week and come back to Seattle through flight. Could you please explain how to use AVR ? I am little afraid of going and coming back to US without appearing for VISA stamping. My email is itsvino@yahoo.com. Please send me your contact phone number to discuss further.

Thanks
Vinod

tsrikanth

Star Member
Mar 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March-2009
Doc's Request.
Feb-2010
Nomination.....
April-2010
AOR Received.
07-06-2010
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
Yes - Detroit
Med's Request
07-06-2010
Med's Done....
08-07-2010
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
15-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-05-2011
LANDED..........
23-06-2011
itsvino said:
Hi
I am planning to land in Calgary in July 2nd week and come back to Seattle through flight. Could you please explain how to use AVR ? I am little afraid of going and coming back to US without appearing for VISA stamping. My email is itsvino @ yahoo.com. Please send me your contact phone number to discuss further.

Thanks
Vinod
Hi Vinod,

Don't worry. Just take below print outs. Just give Passport and H1 approval copy at POE, that's it. If they say anything show them below printed circular. No need to apply anything before you leave USA.

Don't surrender your I-94 before leave USA.

Regarding AVR
http://www.assureconsulting.com/h1b/stamping.php
http://travel.state.gov/visa/laws/telegrams/telegrams_1441.html
http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/info/info_1299.html
http://cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/travel/id_visa/revalidation.ctt/revalidation.pdf

May 9, 2009
Srikanth,
Thanks for your detailed description about your landing.Helpful, since I will be landing in the first week of Aug
Appreciate if you could please answer below questions -
1) Did you have USD or CAD on you? And when the CIC POE officer asks for funds, do we have to show USD or CAD funds?
If you did have CAD, did you exchange USD to CAD in a local bank here in the US or Canada?
2) Can we use the same credit cards we are using here in the US over in Canada?
3) I read about your AVR use from Toronto, but are you aware of AVR use from either Calgary or Edmonton airports. Anybody out here who has used AVR, can you please let me know

tsrikanth said:
Hi Vinod,

Don't worry. Just take below print outs. Just give Passport and H1 approval copy at POE, that's it. If they say anything show them below printed circular. No need to apply anything before you leave USA.

Don't surrender your I-94 before leave USA.

tsrikanth

Star Member
Mar 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March-2009
Doc's Request.
Feb-2010
Nomination.....
April-2010
AOR Received.
07-06-2010
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
Yes - Detroit
Med's Request
07-06-2010
Med's Done....
08-07-2010
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
15-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-05-2011
LANDED..........
23-06-2011
bloretoalberta said:
Srikanth,
Thanks for your detailed description about your landing.Helpful, since I will be landing in the first week of Aug
Appreciate if you could please answer below questions -
1) Did you have USD or CAD on you? And when the CIC POE officer asks for funds, do we have to show USD or CAD funds?
If you did have CAD, did you exchange USD to CAD in a local bank here in the US or Canada?
[1) I have USD but I exchanged $100 USD to CAD in Houston airport for expenditure purpose. Exchange rate is very less in airports. My suggestion is take around $100 to $200 CAD from bank.
2) No need to show funds unless POE officer asks. For me just asked how many.]

2) Can we use the same credit cards we are using here in the US over in Canada?
[You can use same credit card, but credit card company will charge you foreign transaction fee.]
3) I read about your AVR use from Toronto, but are you aware of AVR use from either Calgary or Edmonton airports. Anybody out here who has used AVR, can you please let me know
[Some people used AVR in Calgary airport, but faced little more questions than border. For me it took only 5 minutes @border]

rpenumat

Nov 22, 2009
First of all i would like to thank everyone for posting valuable information regarding all landing activities. Here is my complete experience.
First i want to answer few repeated questions in this forum
1. Even though you are a provincial nominee of alberta,you can land any where in canada and apply SIN card. You don't have to go to
alberta for that, do it in a state that nearest to you.
2. You can apply SIN card in any place and give your friends address, they will post SIN Card to whatever address you gave.
3. US Bank statement will be good enough for proof of funds
4. No need to fill application for permanent resident card IMM5444E, immigration officer at landing will do that online, he will take only address from you that where card to be sent

My landing experience:
Since i have expired visa, i did canadian landing and my american visa stamp in a single shot.
We drove from boston to ottawa, first when we started to land at cornwall (from new york state) border it is midnight, there is no immigration section at nights at that border (they only work from morning 8 to night 12) they told us to wait until morning 8 am or go to alexandria bay (another port of entry to canada) where there will be 24 hrs immigration. So we decided to drive another 2 hrs to do our immigration at alexandria bay
Note: some port of entry's works only limited hours for immigration, enquire before you go which border you are crossing and what are the landed immigration timings. Some port of entry's open 24 hrs for landed immigrants. So do not plan to land at mid nights since some of the port of entry's does not have 24 hrs service, if you plan to land at midnight plan only to those which open 24 hrs for immigration section.
At alexandria bay,
Lady officer asked
A) where you coming from
B)are you moving today permanently
We said yes (even though we are not moving)
and some security questions like whether you are carrying any weapons etc...

make sure to tell them how much money you have all together whether it is a check or cash

She asked us to go and see the officer inside, we parked the car and went to inside. We showed our passports and COPR's
He asked few questions
a) are you guys moving today
again we said yes
b) what about your job in usa
I told him, i came to look for job right now as soon as i got job i will quit my job in usa and move permanently
c) do you have any bank statement for funds
i showed him $14000 draft in canadian currrency and as well as bank statement
d) do you have a place to stay
We said yes, in windsor,Ontario
e) whose house is that and what is your relation
we replied, it's our friends house, he owns it

After that he took that address and came back after 20 minutes, asked us to sign COPR forms infront of him and told us that our PR cards will arrive in mail after few weeks.

Next we went to customs, handed B4 and B4A goods to follow , make 2 copies of each they will stamp all and will return 1 copy each to you, and if you have any jewelry take photos , they will take photo copies of jewelry.

Next day we went to service canada in ottawa, applied SIN and gave windsor address - whole process is 30 minutes

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me

HariMuralidharan

May 13, 2010
Cuterash,

How did the officer know that you are going to stay in Calgary for only 6 days? Did you mention it to him. Is there anyway of knowing how long you are going to stay?

cuterash said:
Landing

Here is my landing experience. I landed on June 6th at Calgary Airport and returned back on June 11th using AVR for me and my wife

Landing was smooth , in plane they gave us custom declaration from that I filled out , as soon as we landed we went counter ( this is the first and only place where they will route you to ) showed then form and gave them passport .

He asked you are staying for 6 days and I said yes . I am doing my landing today . He raised his eyebrow as said good . he was treated us well. He scanned out passport and asked us to go to immigration . we vent to immigration , there were two lady officers at 2 counters , we went and she asked us for pass port and landing papers . she asked for how much money you have . I said I am brining $2500 cash with me . she wanted to know how much do you have on your name . she put that figure down on paper . she explained that 2/5 years you have to in CANADA. Also asked us where you will be staying .Rather then replying I just handed Alberta address to her , she asked is this your permanent address or the address or some one you know . I said , someone I know . she replied it will take 6-8 weeks to get your cards she stamped our passports . All these went very smooth .

We then went to pick our checked in bag , there was no one at the baggage claim not even a single passenger . I do not know who to talk to for goods to follow list and I still had my customs from that was given to me in the plane. Finally I saw one office and I gave the customs form to her and she said ok you can go now .I said I am doing my landing today. She said I will call some one .

One more lady office appeared with soda in her hand . she asked us if we are brining a car . I said “ yes “ , she asked do you have all the paper for the car . I said “NO” but I have VIN , She said that is not enough and asked us to do this process when I am going to bring all the stuff including my car to Canada at the boarder . when I asked her what about my goods to follow list for other items . she said it is better to do all at one time in the future when you are ready to bring then in and asked us to go .

I came out but still thinking as I did not understand this process.Went back but could not find any one except the same lady who called that officer . she told me do what the other lady told you to do. I said I do not have any proof or what If there will be a problem in the future . she said there will not be any , In future when you bring your stuff tell the custom at border that Calgary airport customs told you this .

I did not wanted to push more so I left to pick my car from Hertz , there did not ever ask me for my insurance .

Next day I went to CIBC to open an A/C and applied for SIN , the same day I went to Banff to celebrate and then to Jasper .

To summarize,
Canadian's very friendly and welcoming.
Lots of Indians in Calgary
I found Canada very expensive.
Banff and Jasper were paradise on the earth.

While returning at the airport ticket counter I showed them my I797 with I94 and they gave me boarding pass all the way, filled out customs form then to USA preclearance area.

As others have explained, very rude officer, he did not ask any thing , I just handed over our passports and custom forms and then showed them I797 and I94 , he asked us where is your I94 ( white ) from last entry . I did not have that in Passport so from my file I gave it to him . he said you should show all your documents .

Questions asked were, how long you are in USA, where you work, for how long, as what, what you were doing before, and Canadian knows that you are working USA. When I mentioned I am using AVR, he rudely said “I know “ . Took our finger prints, photo stamped our passport and then we went to security and boarded.

I checked my case status today , It says “ its complete and you have landed on June 6th and became PR “