+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP - SRS H1B Landing Experience and post landing related activities.

cuterash

Star Member
Feb 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-15-2010
Nomination.....
11-18-2009
AOR Received.
07-03-2010
File Transfer...
To LA - 10/20/2010
Med's Request
07-03-2010
Med's Done....
07-03-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01-14-2010
VISA ISSUED...
03-25-2011
LANDED..........
06-06-2011
Landing

Here is my landing experience. I landed on June 6th at Calgary Airport and returned back on June 11th using AVR for me and my wife

Landing was smooth , in plane they gave us custom declaration from that I filled out , as soon as we landed we went counter ( this is the first and only place where they will route you to ) showed then form and gave them passport .

He asked you are staying for 6 days and I said yes . I am doing my landing today . He raised his eyebrow as said good . he was treated us well. He scanned out passport and asked us to go to immigration . we vent to immigration , there were two lady officers at 2 counters , we went and she asked us for pass port and landing papers . she asked for how much money you have . I said I am brining $2500 cash with me . she wanted to know how much do you have on your name . she put that figure down on paper . she explained that 2/5 years you have to in CANADA. Also asked us where you will be staying .Rather then replying I just handed Alberta address to her , she asked is this your permanent address or the address or some one you know . I said , someone I know . she replied it will take 6-8 weeks to get your cards she stamped our passports . All these went very smooth .

We then went to pick our checked in bag , there was no one at the baggage claim not even a single passenger . I do not know who to talk to for goods to follow list and I still had my customs from that was given to me in the plane. Finally I saw one office and I gave the customs form to her and she said ok you can go now .I said I am doing my landing today. She said I will call some one .

One more lady office appeared with soda in her hand . she asked us if we are brining a car . I said “ yes “ , she asked do you have all the paper for the car . I said “NO” but I have VIN , She said that is not enough and asked us to do this process when I am going to bring all the stuff including my car to Canada at the boarder . when I asked her what about my goods to follow list for other items . she said it is better to do all at one time in the future when you are ready to bring then in and asked us to go .

I came out but still thinking as I did not understand this process.Went back but could not find any one except the same lady who called that officer . she told me do what the other lady told you to do. I said I do not have any proof or what If there will be a problem in the future . she said there will not be any , In future when you bring your stuff tell the custom at border that Calgary airport customs told you this .

I did not wanted to push more so I left to pick my car from Hertz , there did not ever ask me for my insurance .

Next day I went to CIBC to open an A/C and applied for SIN , the same day I went to Banff to celebrate and then to Jasper .

To summarize,
Canadian’s very friendly and welcoming.
Lots of Indians in Calgary
I found Canada very expensive.
Banff and Jasper were paradise on the earth.

While returning at the airport ticket counter I showed them my I797 with I94 and they gave me boarding pass all the way, filled out customs form then to USA preclearance area.

As others have explained, very rude officer, he did not ask any thing , I just handed over our passports and custom forms and then showed them I797 and I94 , he asked us where is your I94 ( white ) from last entry . I did not have that in Passport so from my file I gave it to him . he said you should show all your documents .

Questions asked were, how long you are in USA, where you work, for how long, as what, what you were doing before, and Canadian knows that you are working USA. When I mentioned I am using AVR, he rudely said “I know “ . Took our finger prints, photo stamped our passport and then we went to security and boarded.

I checked my case status today , It says “ its complete and you have landed on June 6th and became PR “

tyler_sam

Star Member
Jun 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/04/2009
Doc's Request.
21/06/2009
Nomination.....
14/05/2010
AOR Received.
13/08/2010
IELTS Request
04/10/2010
File Transfer...
22/09/2011
Med's Request
13/05/2011
Med's Done....
16/06/2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
13/02/2012
VISA ISSUED...
26/03/2012
LANDED..........
LANDED 27/04/2012 RAINBOW BRIDGE BORDER
Hi there,
This site of blogs looks very informative tothose seeking informations. I think I have to relay my story to you guys for you to be able to answer questions that plays in my mind.
I also have applied for the nominee program in alberta and was approved last april of 2010. Then me and my wife submitted outr application to the cic and was received last august 10, 2010.
Last week Iwe received a request from the cic that we need to have our medical exam in which we did last june 16, 2011.
Here are my question and that I am hoping you can help me with your brilliant experience and answers:
Question:
1. What is next after they received our medical exams results? and how long will it take them to process those medical results?
2. Once approve with a visa...how much time do you have as a time limit to go to canada? (by the way,I am currently in the U.S. on an H1 B visa which is valid until 2013)
3.if when I enter canada to land as permanent resident, can I come back to the U.S. the next few days after I arrive? or do i have to wait for my PR before coming back to the U.S.?
4. Since my H1 b visa is not stamped in my passport, all I have is for I797 with I-94 from the USCIS immigration,can I apply for H1 B visa stamping in the US embassy in canada?
5. Is there somthing that i have to do before coming back to my work in the U.S (since I have to work at least 2 more uyears here U.S)
to make sure that I wont loose my PR? IS that something that I have to apply in canada immigration before exiting canada to go back U.S. on an H1 B?
6. What is the probability that I will get the U.S. H1 B stamping in canada?
7.Lastly, since I applied for nominee program in alberta, do I have to enter directly to alberta to land as resident in canda? and do i need to have an address in alber to make usre that the consul officer in immigration will believe that i will be eventually going to alberta?
Sorry brilliant guys for athe series of long questions but I really need badly your expertise and experience in all these.
Thank you and Godbless.
tyler

tyler_sam

Star Member
Jun 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/04/2009
Doc's Request.
21/06/2009
Nomination.....
14/05/2010
AOR Received.
13/08/2010
IELTS Request
04/10/2010
File Transfer...
22/09/2011
Med's Request
13/05/2011
Med's Done....
16/06/2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
13/02/2012
VISA ISSUED...
26/03/2012
LANDED..........
aryank2000 said:
Its my turn now to share my landing experience. After having waited for almost two years, I got the immigrant visa stamped on all of our passports. We booked flight ticket from PHL to Calgary, with a layover in Minneapolis. Departed on 05/28 at 06:00 AM EST and arrived in Calgary on same day around 11:30AM.After landing in airport, we filled up the form given to us by the airlines in flight. Took the form to the immigration counter, where the guy checked the forms stamped it and asked us to go to the other line. This is where your immigration would be done. Here is how it went
IO: purpose of your visit?
Me: Landing as PR
IO: Give me the landing papers
ME: gave the COPR forms
IO: where you coming from?
ME: Philadelphia
That's it. He asked us to sign the forms and gave a copy for us. And explained us the rules, meaning, we cant use this form to re-enter, and that I would need a PR card to re-enter etc...

Took the copies and left. Had lunch at some freaky Pakistani place. We couldn't care less, we were really hungry. And then went to the motel on 16th ave. Rented a car.
The next day, we drove to Banff National Park, Lake Louise, checked out Calgary downtown. Left for US on 05/31.Successfully used AVR during US immigration at the airport. Back to the US..i will return to Canada in a couple of months.
I wanted to post my experiences so that it can help a lot of ppl reading threads and feeling relieved. I was like that myself. Regularly read all the forums all the time. i hope my experience helps!!
hi, i want to ask something, you mentioned you entered canada may 28 and departed back to u.s on may 31. doid you apply something in the immigration of canada before exiting to allow you to come back canaada since you dont have your pr yet?
Thanks for the info
tyler
bloretoalberta said:
I will be doing my landing in early August by flying into Calgary/Edmonton and use AVR back from Toronto into NY/NJ region. I am currently looking out for jobs in Alberta but no luck yet :(. I will permanently move-in once i get a job
From folks here, I would like to know if there will be any problems driving a rental car back from Canada into the US. Also if someone is landing during late July/early August, please let me know.
Do we have to apply for AVR before exiting U.S?

petesampras

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/03/2010
Nomination.....
19/11/2009
AOR Received.
07/02/2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
10/11/2010 to LA
Med's Request
02/07/2010
Med's Done....
14/07/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17/12/2010
VISA ISSUED...
06/01/2011
LANDED..........
03/07/2011
Folks,

I am planning to perform my landing in Calgary in July first week and need some clarifciation on the PR card Photos requirements. Could somebody explain whats going on with new photo requirements for PR card??
What is the best way to address this issue and where to go for new photos??

Thanks,

HariMuralidharan

May 13, 2010
Folks,

Hello. I would really appreciate some help regarding the "landing" process. I was nominated by AINP and the COPR form says EDMONTON,AB. I have been given my PR visa for only 2 months. Since I live in Fort Lauderdale, FL(east coast of US) I thought I would do my landing with my kids and my wife through Buffalo Niagara border.

1) Since the PR visa time given is very less I though I would do the formal process landing as early as possible. I don't have any intention of staying in Canda for more than a day since my work in US is valid for another year. I don't have anything to show that I will be moving onwards to Alberta.

2) Is there any stipulated time that I should be in Canada before returning back to US.

3) Are there any things(mandatory) that I should do before returning back to US like applying for SIN etc. I do not know anybody in AB and I dont have any address.

I would really appreciate your help in this regard since I am going circles with the landing process and the papers sent by CIC are not clear :-\.

tyler_sam

Star Member
Jun 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/04/2009
Doc's Request.
21/06/2009
Nomination.....
14/05/2010
AOR Received.
13/08/2010
IELTS Request
04/10/2010
File Transfer...
22/09/2011
Med's Request
13/05/2011
Med's Done....
16/06/2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
13/02/2012
VISA ISSUED...
26/03/2012
LANDED..........
tyler_sam said:
hi, i want to ask something, you mentioned you entered canada may 28 and departed back to u.s on may 31. doid you apply something in the immigration of canada before exiting to allow you to come back canaada since you dont have your pr yet?
Thanks for the info
tyler
Thanks a lot for the help...i have another question regarding the AVR...do I have to apply for that here in U.S. immmigration before going to Canada? Thanks

tyler_sam

Star Member
Jun 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/04/2009
Doc's Request.
21/06/2009
Nomination.....
14/05/2010
AOR Received.
13/08/2010
IELTS Request
04/10/2010
File Transfer...
22/09/2011
Med's Request
13/05/2011
Med's Done....
16/06/2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
13/02/2012
VISA ISSUED...
26/03/2012
LANDED..........
tyler_sam said:
Thanks a lot for the help...i have another question regarding the AVR...do I have to apply for that here in U.S. immmigration before going to Canada? Thanks
newbie thanks for the help but I have another question:
1. Do i have to apply AVR here in U.S immigration before exiting ?
2. I have no address in alberta, do I need to have one before landing canada?
3. do you advise flying to canada or driving since i have no h1 b visa stamping anymore and I only have my i94 and I797 with expired stamped H1 visa 2 year s ago.
Please help me as am already very desperate... i already had medical last june 11 and am not sure what is next to that med exam imn my canada application
appreciate your help a lot!!!!
brian

tsrikanth

Star Member
Mar 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March-2009
Doc's Request.
Feb-2010
Nomination.....
April-2010
AOR Received.
07-06-2010
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
Yes - Detroit
Med's Request
07-06-2010
Med's Done....
08-07-2010
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
15-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-05-2011
LANDED..........
23-06-2011
tyler_sam said:
newbie thanks for the help but I have another question:
1. Do i have to apply AVR here in U.S immigration before exiting ?
No need to apply anything, but take AVR information print outs.
2. I have no address in alberta, do I need to have one before landing canada?
No need, but you have to provide address within 180 days after landing.
3. do you advise flying to canada or driving since i have no h1 b visa stamping anymore and I only have my i94 and I797 with expired stamped H1 visa 2 year s ago.
Please help me as am already very desperate... i already had medical last june 11 and am not sure what is next to that med exam imn my canada application
appreciate your help a lot!!!!
It depends, some people flying and returning via flight directly. But I am flying to Calgary and returning back via Niagara Falls border. I am also using AVR, so will update my exp. after came back to US (06/25/2011).

brian

kanadatrustee

May 27, 2011
HariMuralidharan said:
Folks,

Hello. I would really appreciate some help regarding the "landing" process. I was nominated by AINP and the COPR form says EDMONTON,AB. I have been given my PR visa for only 2 months. Since I live in Fort Lauderdale, FL(east coast of US) I thought I would do my landing with my kids and my wife through Buffalo Niagara border.

1) Since the PR visa time given is very less I though I would do the formal process landing as early as possible. I don't have any intention of staying in Canda for more than a day since my work in US is valid for another year. I don't have anything to show that I will be moving onwards to Alberta.

2) Is there any stipulated time that I should be in Canada before returning back to US.

3) Are there any things(mandatory) that I should do before returning back to US like applying for SIN etc. I do not know anybody in AB and I dont have any address.

I would really appreciate your help in this regard since I am going circles with the landing process and the papers sent by CIC are not clear :-\.
Does everybody's COPR form says Edmonton AB or just few of us. I am planning to do my landing over the 4th of july weekend but at the Ontario border. Would it make a difference?

May 9, 2009
@KannadaTrustee - I too had the same question about Toronto landing and when presented to my Immigration Attorney, they indicated in absolute terms that the landing better happen in Alberta since they are the ones who have nominated me for the PR. If landing is done elsewhere, there might be potential immigration issues was their two cents. I have now decided to land in Calgary/Edmonton in early August

May 9, 2009
tyler_sam said:
Thanks for the info
tyler
Do we have to apply for AVR before exiting U.S?
@Tyler_Sam : From what i've heard, you do not have to take any appointments for AVR. For immediate travels, AVR is a comfortable option -

May 9, 2009
cuterash said:
Landing

Here is my landing experience. I landed on June 6th at Calgary Airport and returned back on June 11th using AVR for me and my wife

Landing was smooth , in plane they gave us custom declaration from that I filled out , as soon as we landed we went counter ( this is the first and only place where they will route you to ) showed then form and gave them passport .

He asked you are staying for 6 days and I said yes . I am doing my landing today . He raised his eyebrow as said good . he was treated us well. He scanned out passport and asked us to go to immigration . we vent to immigration , there were two lady officers at 2 counters , we went and she asked us for pass port and landing papers . she asked for how much money you have . I said I am brining $2500 cash with me . she wanted to know how much do you have on your name . she put that figure down on paper . she explained that 2/5 years you have to in CANADA. Also asked us where you will be staying .Rather then replying I just handed Alberta address to her , she asked is this your permanent address or the address or some one you know . I said , someone I know . she replied it will take 6-8 weeks to get your cards she stamped our passports . All these went very smooth .

We then went to pick our checked in bag , there was no one at the baggage claim not even a single passenger . I do not know who to talk to for goods to follow list and I still had my customs from that was given to me in the plane. Finally I saw one office and I gave the customs form to her and she said ok you can go now .I said I am doing my landing today. She said I will call some one .

One more lady office appeared with soda in her hand . she asked us if we are brining a car . I said “ yes “ , she asked do you have all the paper for the car . I said “NO” but I have VIN , She said that is not enough and asked us to do this process when I am going to bring all the stuff including my car to Canada at the boarder . when I asked her what about my goods to follow list for other items . she said it is better to do all at one time in the future when you are ready to bring then in and asked us to go .

I came out but still thinking as I did not understand this process.Went back but could not find any one except the same lady who called that officer . she told me do what the other lady told you to do. I said I do not have any proof or what If there will be a problem in the future . she said there will not be any , In future when you bring your stuff tell the custom at border that Calgary airport customs told you this .

I did not wanted to push more so I left to pick my car from Hertz , there did not ever ask me for my insurance .

Next day I went to CIBC to open an A/C and applied for SIN , the same day I went to Banff to celebrate and then to Jasper .

To summarize,
Canadian's very friendly and welcoming.

While returning at the airport ticket counter I showed them my I797 with I94 and they gave me boarding pass all the way, filled out customs form then to USA preclearance area.

As others have explained, very rude officer, he did not ask any thing , I just handed over our passports and custom forms and then showed them I797 and I94 , he asked us where is your I94 ( white ) from last entry . I did not have that in Passport so from my file I gave it to him . he said you should show all your documents .

Questions asked were, how long you are in USA, where you work, for how long, as what, what you were doing before, and Canadian knows that you are working USA. When I mentioned I am using AVR, he rudely said “I know “ . Took our finger prints, photo stamped our passport and then we went to security and boarded.

I checked my case status today , It says “ its complete and you have landed on June 6th and became PR “
@cuterash - Thanks for the detailed note about your landing. Helpful! Just a qq about your AVR use. Did you surrender your past I-94s before stepping out of the US? Can you please advise as to what are the document in general a H-1B visa holder should have when approaching for AVR preclearance. Thanks in advance!

cooldeepforyou

Star Member
Feb 25, 2009
Hi Cuterash,
How do they know that you are staying for 6 days. ? Do they ask for your airline tickets ?

Thanks

cuterash said:
Landing

To summarize,
Canadian's very friendly and welcoming.

kanadatrustee

May 27, 2011
bloretoalberta said:
@ KannadaTrustee - I too had the same question about Toronto landing and when presented to my Immigration Attorney, they indicated in absolute terms that the landing better happen in Alberta since they are the ones who have nominated me for the PR. If landing is done elsewhere, there might be potential immigration issues was their two cents. I have now decided to land in Calgary/Edmonton in early August
Me and my wife both have called CIC and confirmed that landing in any other province is fine as long as you dont intend to stay in that province.

tyler_sam

Star Member
Jun 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/04/2009
Doc's Request.
21/06/2009
Nomination.....
14/05/2010
AOR Received.
13/08/2010
IELTS Request
04/10/2010
File Transfer...
22/09/2011
Med's Request
13/05/2011
Med's Done....
16/06/2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
13/02/2012
VISA ISSUED...
26/03/2012
LANDED..........
THANK YOU VERY MUCH GUYS FOR ALL THE ADVICES AND THE INFO...WILL KEEP YOU POSTED WHAT HAPPENS WITH APPLICATION AFTER THEY GIOT MY MEDICAL...WILL KEEP YOU POSTED...GODBLESS....NEW BIE THANKS A LOT AND ALL OTHER FORLKS..TOOMANY TO MENTION BUT THANK YOU SO MUCH.