+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP LMIA & Education Questions

theafjioman

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
I am currently completing the Alberta Provincial Nomination application. On the checklist, it says that I must "Submit all your secondary and post-secondary degrees, diplomas and certificates (from Canada and outside of Canada).". I have my Educational Credential Assessment for my BSc but it will be a pain to get all of my secondary school certificates. Is these required if I have evidence of my BSc?

Also, I believe I am exempt from needing a LMIA as I have been at my current job in Alberta for a year on the IEC Working Holiday visa. It says

" If an LMIA does not exist, provide the documents to show the exemption used for the work permit (e.g. North American Free Trade Agreement, etc.). The best types of documents to provide are:
• copy of letter to visa office requesting the exemption, or
• approval from visa office stating the exemption
• If you do not have one of these two documents, you can provide another document from IRCC demonstrating the exemption. Print outs of exemption information from the IRCC website do not meet this requirement. "

So would my IEC Working Holiday visa work permit be enough evidence of this or would I need to get a separate letter from a visa office explaining this exemption?

Thank you in advance- forums like this are a God send and I appreciate anyone who takes the time to help those of us that have questions about the process.

Classicac

Sep 24, 2019
Hey theafjioman

I'm in the same situation with the LMIA exemption on the IEC visa, did you find out if you need an additional document?
much appreciative
Thanks.

theafjioman

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
Hey theafjioman

I'm in the same situation with the LMIA exemption on the IEC visa, did you find out if you need an additional document?
much appreciative
Thanks.
I was acting under the assumption that I needed to fill this paperwork out as a prerequisite to being offered a NOI from Alberta. I did not realise this was for once the NOI had been served.

So to answer your question, no I did not find out. Sorry I can't help.

I wish you the best of luck in finding out.

Shei1229

Jun 26, 2019
I am currently completing the Alberta Provincial Nomination application. On the checklist, it says that I must "Submit all your secondary and post-secondary degrees, diplomas and certificates (from Canada and outside of Canada).". I have my Educational Credential Assessment for my BSc but it will be a pain to get all of my secondary school certificates. Is these required if I have evidence of my BSc?

Also, I believe I am exempt from needing a LMIA as I have been at my current job in Alberta for a year on the IEC Working Holiday visa. It says

" If an LMIA does not exist, provide the documents to show the exemption used for the work permit (e.g. North American Free Trade Agreement, etc.). The best types of documents to provide are:
• If you do not have one of these two documents, you can provide another document from IRCC demonstrating the exemption. Print outs of exemption information from the IRCC website do not meet this requirement. "

So would my IEC Working Holiday visa work permit be enough evidence of this or would I need to get a separate letter from a visa office explaining this exemption?

Thank you in advance- forums like this are a God send and I appreciate anyone who takes the time to help those of us that have questions about the process.
Hello did you submit your high school diploma as well? Thanks

from_pradeep

May 16, 2019

Did you got the answers for above questions, even I had same question regarding the LMIA Exemption requirement. I am also on on Work permit which LMIA is exempted due to Intra Company Transfer. But not aware what evidence we need to submit for this exemption. Any one else in forum who might have applied for Alberta Opportunity stream with LMIA exemption please help us.