08 nov 2012
Med's Request
18 dec 2012
Med's Done....
24 dec 2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
18 dec 2012 (2nd PPR on Mar'13, submitted in Apr'13, again in Jun'13)
VISA ISSUED...
7 sep 13
ofonzo said:
Hello guys, just to let you know that i am enroute to landing in Calgary. I will fill you in with the landing details.I will also update the tracking sheet.
Regards to everyone and I hope that we all get through with PRV and landing soonest.
Ofonzo
Hi ofonzo, best of luck ... Hope u n family settled down n manage to get good job there...

ofonzo

Nov 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2012
Nomination.....
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
23-10-2012
IELTS Request
18-05-12
Med's Request
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-12-2012
Passport Req..
01-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2013
LANDED..........
02-08-2013
Hello Guys,

My family and I finally landed in Calgary on Friday, 2nd of August. We transitted to Calgary through Frankfurt on Air-Canada flight. Flight and cabin crew were wonderful. I just want to thank Jesus for bringing to pass that which my heart has always desired.
We landed in Calgary international at 12:15pm, and straight through to immigration, it was a long line but processing is done pretty quickly, it got to our turn, immigration officer asked us, if were visiting, we told her we were landing as permanent residents today, she asked for our passports/visas and she looked at the COPR, she cancelled the visas, she also went through our landing cards, asked what kind of food we brought and how much money we were carrying and if we had goods to follow (GTFs) she wrote everything on the landing card and said "Welcome to Canada", I told her I have always wanted to hear those words. She directed us to another desk to go to process the landing papers(COPR). At this desk, the IO asked me to sign for the kids since I was the the principal applicant. He stamped the COPR after all COPRs were filled and wished us best of luck. He directed us to customs, who looked through the information on the landing cards, young customs lady asked if the money we had ($12,000) was in the possession of one person and that is not what they want, coincidentally, my wife had $4k, while I had $8k, she signed off on the card as okay. She now asked for our goods to follow list, i had prepared two copies of this list, she asked me to value them, attached another form, stamped the forms and asked me to endorse the forms and we were done with landing. We picked up two trolleys, picked up our bags and headed out to arrivals.
A point to note, while On board the plane, landing cards were distributed to all passengers. The landing card requires information on your address in Canada, the money you are bringing and if you have any agricultural products you are bringing to Canada. Please don't try to hide anything, answer the questions truthfully, please tick yes on the card. One guy didn't admit what he was bringing something in and he got pulled aside, the customs were very upset that he tried to conceal it, I am not sure if it was money or produce but he didn't find it easy. There is a $400 fine for not declaring food items and that goes on your record, you don't want to start your new life that way, trust me.
It's a holiday weekend here (Heritage Day)so we haven't been able to do social insurance, Alberta healthcare registration and open a bank account, we intend to do that tomorrow. I will let you know how that goes.
We are in Calgary for landing and will spend only 3 weeks, we intend to be back finally in the next 12 -18 months, God wiling.

To my friends still waiting for PRV, it is worth the wait, don't despair and don't agonize, just prepare with getting information and doing certifications. So far I am told, it's experience, certifications before educational degree. I will be sitting for the PMP exams in the next few months.

usma

Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
25 Sep 2013 at Edmonton
ofonzo said:
Hello Guys,

My family and I finally landed in Calgary on Friday, 2nd of August. We transitted to Calgary through Frankfurt on Air-Canada flight. Flight and cabin crew were wonderful. I just want to thank Jesus for bringing to pass that which my heart has always desired.
We landed in Calgary international at 12:15pm, and straight through to immigration, it was a long line but processing is done pretty quickly, it got to our turn, immigration officer asked us, if were visiting, we told her we were landing as permanent residents today, she asked for our passports/visas and she looked at the COPR, she cancelled the visas, she also went through our landing cards, asked what kind of food we brought and how much money we were carrying and if we had goods to follow (GTFs) she wrote everything on the landing card and said "Welcome to Canada", I told her I have always wanted to hear those words. She directed us to another desk to go to process the landing papers(COPR). At this desk, the IO asked me to sign for the kids since I was the the principal applicant. He stamped the COPR after all COPRs were filled and wished us best of luck. He directed us to customs, who looked through the information on the landing cards, young customs lady asked if the money we had ($12,000) was in the possession of one person and that is not what they want, coincidentally, my wife had $4k, while I had $8k, she signed off on the card as okay. She now asked for our goods to follow list, i had prepared two copies of this list, she asked me to value them, attached another form, stamped the forms and asked me to endorse the forms and we were done with landing. We picked up two trolleys, picked up our bags and headed out to arrivals.
A point to note, while On board the plane, landing cards were distributed to all passengers. The landing card requires information on your address in Canada, the money you are bringing and if you have any agricultural products you are bringing to Canada. Please don't try to hide anything, answer the questions truthfully, please tick yes on the card. One guy didn't admit what he was bringing something in and he got pulled aside, the customs were very upset that he tried to conceal it, I am not sure if it was money or produce but he didn't find it easy. There is a $400 fine for not declaring food items and that goes on your record, you don't want to start your new life that way, trust me.
It's a holiday weekend here (Heritage Day)so we haven't been able to do social insurance, Alberta healthcare registration and open a bank account, we intend to do that tomorrow. I will let you know how that goes.
We are in Calgary for landing and will spend only 3 weeks, we intend to be back finally in the next 12 -18 months, God wiling.

To my friends still waiting for PRV, it is worth the wait, don't despair and don't agonize, just prepare with getting information and doing certifications. So far I am told, it's experience, certifications before educational degree. I will be sitting for the PMP exams in the next few months.
Congratulations Ofonzo, happy to see your landing experience and future plans. Wish you and your family best of luck.

usma

Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
25 Sep 2013 at Edmonton
Ofonzo, is there any restriction to carry money in posession of one person?

JAGGU

May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2012
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
16 oct 2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
08 nov 2012
Med's Request
18 dec 2012
Med's Done....
24 dec 2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
7 sep 13
ofonzo said:
Hello Guys,

Great to see details explanations and good to know about fund possessions. i will take care about taht one.

About visa, u said cancellation of visa bynimmigration office , how they chop. are they require new page for chopping landing stamp or half page is enough... i have a problem in my wife passport. She has only one full page which will b utilise during visa and number of half pages. I hope CIC will not ask for new passport ...

ofonzo

Nov 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2012
Nomination.....
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
23-10-2012
IELTS Request
18-05-12
Med's Request
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-12-2012
Passport Req..
01-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2013
LANDED..........
02-08-2013
From what the customs officer said, it appears there is a limit of $10,000 cash per adult landing. If you're bringing $20,000,it is advisable to split it between you and your spouse $10,000 each.
The cancellation of the visa was done on the visa and a stamp on the opposit page. I think oneage should do.
Regards
Ofonzo

usma

Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
25 Sep 2013 at Edmonton
JAGGU said:
Great to see details explanations and good to know about fund possessions. i will take care about taht one.

About visa, u said cancellation of visa bynimmigration office , how they chop. are they require new page for chopping landing stamp or half page is enough... i have a problem in my wife passport. She has only one full page which will b utilise during visa and number of half pages. I hope CIC will not ask for new passport ...
As per CHC London , passport specifications requires atleast two empty pages, wish you good luck

usma

Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
25 Sep 2013 at Edmonton
usma said:
I have heard that CIC passport specifi ations requires two empty pages, wish you good luck
It means one page for visa issuance and other for cancellation, however i dont want to worry you, if you are not able to get a new passport for your wife urgently then wait and see, hope you get visas soon.

usma

Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
25 Sep 2013 at Edmonton
Dear Forum members, I am copying / pasting the email attachment in PPR1, the purpose is only to aware you for preparation of PPR1 requirements, however in some case they also ask for photographs which was not in mine case.Also i can not copy/paste the information chart. Regards

Dear Applicant,
Your application has reached the final stage of processing. Since Pakistani law does not permit the mailing of
Pakistani passports from Pakistan to other countries, we will not ask you to submit your passport to our office in
London. The issuance of your permanent resident visa will be a two step process.
Step 1: Follow the instructions in this letter to submit the requested items to our office in London. Once we have
reviewed them, we will send you instructions for the second step within 6 weeks.
Step 2: Do not submit your passport to our Islamabad office until you receive instructions to do so. The
Islamabad office cannot issue your visa before we instruct them to do so. (If you submit your passport early, it
will be returned to you without a visa.) The Islamabad office can only mail passports to addresses in Pakistan.
If you will want your passports returned to an address outside of Pakistan, then this letter does not apply to you.
Inform us immediately so that we can send you different instructions.
Step 1: Submit the documents listed below to our office in London. (These instructions do not apply to
accompanying family members who are entitled to Canadian citizenship, because they will have to travel on
their Canadian passports.)
1. Clear photocopies of your passport and the passports of each accompanying family member. The
passports must meet the Passport Specifications on page 2 of this letter because these are the passports you
will use to travel to Canada.
2. The Updated Information Chart on page 3 fully completed for you and each accompanying family member.
Submit these three items within 30 days of the date of this letter (or the date of the email if you received this by
email). All items for you and your accompanying family members must be submitted together in one package.
Mail or courier your package to:
PHEP Processing
Immigration Division
Canadian High Commission
38 Grosvenor Street
London, W1K 4AA
United Kingdom
Sincerely,
High Commission of Canada
Immigration and Medical Services Division
Macdonald House
38 Grosvenor Street
London W1K 4AA
United Kingdom
www.UnitedKingdom.gc.ca
Haut-commissariat du Canada
Direction de l'immigration et des services médicaux
Maison Macdonald
38, rue Grosvenor
Londres W1K 4AA
Royaume-Uni
www.Royaume-Uni.gc.ca
International Organization for Migration (IOM)
“As an immigrant to Canada, the International Organization for Migration (IOM) invites you to register,
through the IOM Islamabad Office using the email coapk @ iom.int, for a free pre-departure orientation
session offered in one of these locations: Islamabad, Lahore and Karachi.
Cultural Orientation Abroad (COA), a world-wide orientation project funded through Citizenship and
Immigration Canada, is designed to teach immigrants about Canada before they leave their home country,
so that when they arrive in Canada they are well prepared to meet the challenges they must face.”
P152f (10/2011) Page 2 of 3
Passport Specifications
Your application will be delayed if any of the passports do not meet the following specifications. This delay will
shorten the amount of time that you will have to travel to Canada to become a permanent resident.
1. Submit only copies of the passport pages showing the passport number, date of issue and expiry, your
photo, name, date and place of birth, as well as any amendments to this information.
2. The photocopies must be from the passports you will use to travel to Canada. If you submit a different
passport in Step 2 than the photocopy submitted in Step 1, then all passports will be returned and you will
have to start again from Step 1.
3. Diplomatic, official, service or public affairs passports are not valid for immigration to Canada.
4. All names and dates of birth must be printed in each passport in English or French.
5. The given name (first name) of the passport-holder must be clearly printed on the Given Name line of the
biodata page of each passport. The surname (last name) of the passport-holder must be clearly printed on
the Surname line of the biodata page of each passport. They should match your Updated Information
Chart.
6. Your spouse must have their own passport. Your accompanying children should also each have their own
passports.
7. Each passport must have at least two empty pages.
8. For your visas to have maximum validity, all passports should be valid for at least 12 months from the date
of your medical examinations.
9. All passports must be intact and not worn, torn or otherwise damaged; the laminate on the biodata page
must be securely attached. Each page must be securely affixed to the passport; there cannot be any loose
pages. Ordinary passports are the only type of passport into which a permanent resident visa may be
inserted. Diplomatic, official, special or other similar types of passports are NOT acceptable.
What you should know
 You should not take any irrevocable action such as selling your property, quitting your job, or buying
plane tickets until you have received your permanent resident visa(s).
 Your visa will be issued in Step 2 to match the information in your passport photocopy submitted in Step
1. This will be the name that appears on all of your documents after you become a permanent resident
of Canada (e.g. driver's license, social insurance card, health card).
 If your family composition has changed (e.g. by marriage, divorce, birth, death), you must tell us now.
You must also tell us if it changes before the date of your intended departure. Information in our systems
must be up to date and considered before anyone can be granted permanent resident status on arrival.
 Your visas will expire one year after the date of your medical examinations. However, if your passport or
any of your family members' passports are due to expire before this date, all visas will expire on the date
that the first passport expires. You must enter Canada on or before the expiry date on your visas.
 The validity of a permanent resident visa cannot be extended, nor can a replacement visa be issued with
a new expiry date. If you do not use your visa(s) before the expiry date, yet still wish to immigrate to
Canada, you will have to begin the application process again, and pay new fees. The new application
would be assessed according to the immigration legislation in force at the time of submission.

Attached Updated Information Chart

it could not be copy/pasted.

usma

Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
25 Sep 2013 at Edmonton
usma said:
Dear Forum members, I am copying / pasting the email attachment in PPR1, the purpose is only to aware you for preparation of PPR1 requirements, however in some case they also ask for photographs which was not in mine case.Also i can not copy/paste the information chart. Regards

Dear Applicant,
Your application has reached the final stage of processing. Since Pakistani law does not permit the mailing of
Pakistani passports from Pakistan to other countries, we will not ask you to submit your passport to our office in
London. The issuance of your permanent resident visa will be a two step process.
Step 1: Follow the instructions in this letter to submit the requested items to our office in London. Once we have
reviewed them, we will send you instructions for the second step within 6 weeks.
Step 2: Do not submit your passport to our Islamabad office until you receive instructions to do so. The
Islamabad office cannot issue your visa before we instruct them to do so. (If you submit your passport early, it
will be returned to you without a visa.) The Islamabad office can only mail passports to addresses in Pakistan.
If you will want your passports returned to an address outside of Pakistan, then this letter does not apply to you.
Inform us immediately so that we can send you different instructions.
Step 1: Submit the documents listed below to our office in London. (These instructions do not apply to
accompanying family members who are entitled to Canadian citizenship, because they will have to travel on
their Canadian passports.)
1. Clear photocopies of your passport and the passports of each accompanying family member. The
passports must meet the Passport Specifications on page 2 of this letter because these are the passports you
will use to travel to Canada.
2. The Updated Information Chart on page 3 fully completed for you and each accompanying family member.
Submit these three items within 30 days of the date of this letter (or the date of the email if you received this by
email). All items for you and your accompanying family members must be submitted together in one package.
Mail or courier your package to:
PHEP Processing
Immigration Division
Canadian High Commission
38 Grosvenor Street
London, W1K 4AA
United Kingdom
Sincerely,
Immigration and Medical Services Division
Macdonald House
38 Grosvenor Street
London W1K 4AA
United Kingdom
www.UnitedKingdom.gc.ca
Haut-commissariat du Canada
Direction de l'immigration et des services médicaux
Maison Macdonald
38, rue Grosvenor
Londres W1K 4AA
Royaume-Uni
www.Royaume-Uni.gc.ca
International Organization for Migration (IOM)
“As an immigrant to Canada, the International Organization for Migration (IOM) invites you to register,
through the IOM Islamabad Office using the email coapk @ iom.int, for a free pre-departure orientation
session offered in one of these locations: Islamabad, Lahore and Karachi.
Cultural Orientation Abroad (COA), a world-wide orientation project funded through Citizenship and
Immigration Canada, is designed to teach immigrants about Canada before they leave their home country,
so that when they arrive in Canada they are well prepared to meet the challenges they must face.”
P152f (10/2011) Page 2 of 3
Passport Specifications
Your application will be delayed if any of the passports do not meet the following specifications. This delay will
shorten the amount of time that you will have to travel to Canada to become a permanent resident.
1. Submit only copies of the passport pages showing the passport number, date of issue and expiry, your
photo, name, date and place of birth, as well as any amendments to this information.
2. The photocopies must be from the passports you will use to travel to Canada. If you submit a different
passport in Step 2 than the photocopy submitted in Step 1, then all passports will be returned and you will
have to start again from Step 1.
3. Diplomatic, official, service or public affairs passports are not valid for immigration to Canada.
4. All names and dates of birth must be printed in each passport in English or French.
5. The given name (first name) of the passport-holder must be clearly printed on the Given Name line of the
biodata page of each passport. The surname (last name) of the passport-holder must be clearly printed on
the Surname line of the biodata page of each passport. They should match your Updated Information
Chart.
6. Your spouse must have their own passport. Your accompanying children should also each have their own
passports.
7. Each passport must have at least two empty pages.
8. For your visas to have maximum validity, all passports should be valid for at least 12 months from the date
of your medical examinations.
9. All passports must be intact and not worn, torn or otherwise damaged; the laminate on the biodata page
must be securely attached. Each page must be securely affixed to the passport; there cannot be any loose
pages. Ordinary passports are the only type of passport into which a permanent resident visa may be
inserted. Diplomatic, official, special or other similar types of passports are NOT acceptable.
What you should know
 You should not take any irrevocable action such as selling your property, quitting your job, or buying
plane tickets until you have received your permanent resident visa(s).
 Your visa will be issued in Step 2 to match the information in your passport photocopy submitted in Step
1. This will be the name that appears on all of your documents after you become a permanent resident
of Canada (e.g. driver's license, social insurance card, health card).
 If your family composition has changed (e.g. by marriage, divorce, birth, death), you must tell us now.
You must also tell us if it changes before the date of your intended departure. Information in our systems
must be up to date and considered before anyone can be granted permanent resident status on arrival.
 Your visas will expire one year after the date of your medical examinations. However, if your passport or
any of your family members' passports are due to expire before this date, all visas will expire on the date
that the first passport expires. You must enter Canada on or before the expiry date on your visas.
 The validity of a permanent resident visa cannot be extended, nor can a replacement visa be issued with
a new expiry date. If you do not use your visa(s) before the expiry date, yet still wish to immigrate to
Canada, you will have to begin the application process again, and pay new fees. The new application
would be assessed according to the immigration legislation in force at the time of submission.

Attached Updated Information Chart

it could not be copy/pasted.

Jaggu you can see at Sr. No:07 the requirement of two empty pages of passports, however it is requirement of CHC London. For more clarification you can ask from some CHC Delhi applicant who has received passport request. Wish you good luck.

JAGGU

May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2012
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
16 oct 2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
08 nov 2012
Med's Request
18 dec 2012
Med's Done....
24 dec 2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
7 sep 13
usma said:
Jaggu you can see at Sr. No:07 the requirement of two empty pages of passports, however it is requirement of CHC London. For more clarification you can ask from some CHC Delhi applicant who has received passport request. Wish you good luck.
Thanks Usma, well lets c how NDVO acts on this... i saw a statement ' atleast one full blank page required' on CIC website before 2 months... n e ways, now no options unless to wait for their actions...

usma

Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
25 Sep 2013 at Edmonton
JAGGU said:
Thanks Usma, well lets c how NDVO acts on this... i saw a statement ' atleast one full blank page required' on CIC website before 2 months... n e ways, now no options unless to wait for their actions...
Ok, wish you good luck

ofonzo

Nov 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2012
Nomination.....
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
23-10-2012
IELTS Request
18-05-12
Med's Request
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-12-2012
Passport Req..
01-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2013
LANDED..........
02-08-2013
USMA, congratulations. We should expect your PRV is issued in e next 6 weeks (minimum)

usma

Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
25 Sep 2013 at Edmonton
ofonzo said:
USMA, congratulations. We should expect your PRV is issued in e next 6 weeks (minimum)
Thanks

tutut

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
Nomination.....
21-09-2012
AOR Received.
25-01-2013 and 21-03-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Hi Usma,

I'm new here on your thread but I'm part of the Ontario FSW backlog reduction pilot thread. Congratulations on your PPR! Checking the processing time of London, it's great that it only took 1 year for your application to be processed. In the processing time for London, it says 27 months.

Congrats again and goodluck on your new life in Canada! 8)