CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
25 Sep 2013 at Edmonton
tutut said:
Hi Usma,

I'm new here on your thread but I'm part of the Ontario FSW backlog reduction pilot thread. Congratulations on your PPR! Checking the processing time of London, it's great that it only took 1 year for your application to be processed. In the processing time for London, it says 27 months.

Congrats again and goodluck on your new life in Canada! 8)
Tutut thanks for best wishes. Yes i am satisfied from my timelines, it was fast, hope you also receive MR from Singapore soon.

usma

Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
25 Sep 2013 at Edmonton
ofonzo said:
From what the customs officer said, it appears there is a limit of $10,000 cash per adult landing. If you're bringing $20,000,it is advisable to split it between you and your spouse $10,000 each.
The cancellation of the visa was done on the visa and a stamp on the opposit page. I think oneage should do.
Regards
Ofonzo
Ofonzo, at another forum it has been told that 10 thousand dollar limit is for visitors and not for immigrants. He supported his information with that even an adult FSW immigrant has fund requirement of 11000 dollars, whats your comments please.

JAGGU

May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2012
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
16 oct 2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
08 nov 2012
Med's Request
18 dec 2012
Med's Done....
24 dec 2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
18 dec 2012 (2nd PPR on Mar'13, submitted in Apr'13, again in Jun'13)
VISA ISSUED...
7 sep 13
usma said:
Ofonzo, at another forum it has been told that 10 thousand dollar limit is for visitors and not for immigrants. He supported his information with that even an adult FSW immigrant has fund requirement of 11000 dollars, whats your comments please.
Thanks ofonzo for your clarification.

Usma and offonzo - according to website they are want @12000-13000 dollars per immigrant/Family... is that amount required per adult? if so then let me know as i was under different impression of figures...

usma

Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
25 Sep 2013 at Edmonton
Hi, anyone moving to Alberta, check the link below for drivers license. Question is whether we still need international driving license and NOC from Pakistan.....

http://www.servicealberta.gov.ab.ca/pdf/mv/MASTER_GDL_UG_2010AUG05.pdf

usma

Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
25 Sep 2013 at Edmonton
JAGGU said:
Thanks ofonzo for your clarification.

Usma and offonzo - according to website they are want @ 12000-13000 dollars per immigrant/Family... is that amount required per adult? if so then let me know as i was under different impression of figures...
Different figures for different categories, 10000 Dollar is for provincial nominee and 11000 dollars (may be now it is increase, i am not sure) for FSW.

JAGGU

May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2012
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
16 oct 2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
08 nov 2012
Med's Request
18 dec 2012
Med's Done....
24 dec 2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
18 dec 2012 (2nd PPR on Mar'13, submitted in Apr'13, again in Jun'13)
VISA ISSUED...
7 sep 13
usma said:
Hi, anyone moving to Alberta, check the link below for drivers license. Question is whether we still need international driving license and NOC from Pakistan.....

http://www.servicealberta.gov.ab.ca/pdf/mv/MASTER_GDL_UG_2010AUG05.pdf
Nice piece of information...

usma

Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
25 Sep 2013 at Edmonton

ofonzo

Nov 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2012
Nomination.....
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
23-10-2012
IELTS Request
18-05-12
Med's Request
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-12-2012
Passport Req..
01-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2013
LANDED..........
02-08-2013
USMA - +1 for the valuable information on getting Alberta drivers license

usma

Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
25 Sep 2013 at Edmonton
ofonzo said:
USMA - +1 for the valuable information on getting Alberta drivers license
Ofonzo Thanks, Please share the further experience and any advices?

ofonzo

Nov 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2012
Nomination.....
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
23-10-2012
IELTS Request
18-05-12
Med's Request
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-12-2012
Passport Req..
01-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2013
LANDED..........
02-08-2013
USMA,

Thanks for reminding me. The most important particulars to pursue after landing is your PR Card,SIN card, Alberta health card and bank accounts.
Permanent Resident Card
This is sent automatically to your landing address (address you provided to immigration on your landing card at the airport). It now takes 70days. You can update your address after landing on the CIC website.

SIN Cards
I had to go to Service Canada at the executive one building near the McMahon stadium. When I got there, there were several people, I believe it was because of the holiday period, I was told I would have to wait for two hours on the queue but it took about 50 minutes for us to b attended to, I was given a form to fill to provide the names of my parents and my date of birth, my wife also had to fill a form. We also provided our cOPR and passports for official's review.The SIN numbers were generated and print outs handed to us, SIN numbers were generated for the kids as well. SIN cards will be sent to our address within 14 days.

Alberta Health Insurance
We went to a registry in Lions Park Mall, the personnel said we had to provide 2 pieces of ID ( passport, drivers license), COPR and a lease agreement for our current address, we are staying at a friend's place and did not have a lease agreement. So we couldn't register there. The next day we went to a registry in NE, registry personnel also asked for a lease agreement, utility bill to indicate our residence, w didn't have either.
Just when I was given up,I got in contact with Zajeb (on this forum) and he said there was a registry in NE that don't require any utility bill, the registry is somewhere in Panorama NE, I went there and I got the Alberta health forms, received and approved. The young lady said the cards will be ready within a week.

I haven't opened a bank account yet, I am still scouting around at what they all have to offer.I will share that information later.

Regards

Albert

ofonzo

Nov 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2012
Nomination.....
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
23-10-2012
IELTS Request
18-05-12
Med's Request
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-12-2012
Passport Req..
01-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2013
LANDED..........
02-08-2013
USMA, thanks for reminding me.The most important particulars to pursue after landing is your PR Card,SIN card, Alberta health card and bank accounts.
Permanent Resident Card
This is sent automatically to your landing address (address you provided to immigration on your landing card at the airport). It now takes 70days. You can update your address after landing on the CIC website.

SIN Cards
I had to go to Service Canada at the executive one building near the McMahon stadium. When I got there, there were several people, I believe it was because of the holiday period, I was told I would have to wait for two hours on the queue but it took about 50 minutes for us to b attended to, I was given a form to fill to provide the names of my parents and my date of birth, my wife also had to fill a form. We also provided our cOPR and passports for official's review.The SIN numbers were generated and print outs handed to us, SIN numbers were generated for the kids as well. SIN cards will be sent to our address within 14 days.

Alberta Health Insurance
We went to a registry in Lions Park Mall, the personnel said we had to provide 2 pieces of ID ( passport, drivers license), COPR and a lease agreement for our current address, we are staying at a friend's place and did not have a lease agreement. So we couldn't register there. The next day we went to a registry in NE, registry personnel also asked for a lease agreement, utility bill to indicate our residence, w didn't have either.
Just when I was given up,I got in contact with Zajeb (on this forum) and he said there was a registry in NE that don't require any utility bill, the registry is somewhere in Panorama NE, I went there and I got the Alberta health forms, received and approved. The young lady said the cards will be ready within a week.

I haven't opened a bank account yet, I am still scouting around at what they all have to offer.I will share that information later.

Regards

Ofonzo

Albert

usma

Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
25 Sep 2013 at Edmonton
ofonzo said:
USMA, thanks for reminding me.The most important particulars to pursue after landing is your PR Card,SIN card, Alberta health card and bank accounts.
Permanent Resident Card

SIN Cards

Alberta Health Insurance

Regards

Ofonzo

Albert
Thanks, very beneficial information.+1 for you. Best of luck for further steps. Does we have to update our address on ECAS?

ainpfsw111

Star Member
Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

I want to know which VO the CIC went by to assign your files to? and whether was it the same one as indicate on your nomination by the province or the one which you indicated on your application - if different - or the CIC decided by themselves?

usma

Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
25 Sep 2013 at Edmonton
Dear Forum Members,

An applicant which gets visa and lands at Canada, Is still he/she needs educational credential assessment, how much its requirements or for a landed person not so much worthy? What are your comments? I mean if it is beneficial then we should get this before landing.

usma

Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
25 Sep 2013 at Edmonton
Alhamdulillah, PPR2 Received. Wish you all good luck for speedy process of your applications.