14-01-2013, Meds Delivered - 24-01-2013
Passport Req..
28-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-07-2013
LANDED..........
13-07-2013
Maryam.A said:
Every 2 days that you spend in Canada on work permit visa will count 1 day for your final citizenship application.
Hi,

The days spent in canada on WP will count as 1/2 day for each day spent in span of 4 years required to apply for citizenship.

To become Canadian citizens, adults must have resided in Canada for at least three years (1,095 days) in the past four years before applying. Children under the age of 18 do not need to meet this requirement.

You may be able to count time you spent in Canada before you became a permanent resident if that time falls within the four-year period.

For example, if you applied for citizenship on June 1, 2011, we would count back to June 1, 2007. Each day you lived in Canada AFTER you became a permanent resident counts as one day of residence. Each day you lived in Canada BEFORE you became a permanent resident counts as half a day of residence.

Thanks
Kia99

Behrooz

Star Member
Jun 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
waiting
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 24th
Nomination.....
Sep 7th
AOR Received.
Dec 13th
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Passport Req..
Hope so
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
R u kidding me?
Guys
I just sent an email to AINP to ask for OWP.
Do u know how long it will take them to answer?
also will they answer via email or post?

Khan78

Aug 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8th NOV-12
Doc's Request.
21st March-13
Nomination.....
18th Sept-12
AOR Received.
28th Jan-13
IELTS Request
Already sent
Med's Request
Not Yet
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Hi Friends,

I have a question in mind and needs comments/Advice?

if a person proceeds on OWP and later on he is unable to get job in his respective field (as getting job in regulated fields like medical and engg is not an easy task as i know may be i am wrong if so pl correct me) then will it have an adverse effect on the PR case being unable to demonstrate your skills in getting Job in respective area ? needs your valuable comments.

arsal385

Oct 13, 2012
Khan 78, I totally agree with you, there is risk associated with this and it may affect on your PR case. perhaps thats the reason they are taking declaration from us that We will inform them once we get our job.
I will probably not going for this option as I am on highly skilled immigration in the UK and my current period and my engineering job will be considered for my UK citizenship which is due in next year.

usma

Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
25 Sep 2013 at Edmonton
Hi Friends,
I wish to share some points on issue of OWP (Open work permit) which I have gathered through discussions with some friends at Canada. There are two parts, one as possible benefits and second as possible risks. However it is clear that every person has its own circumstances and possibilities may differ from case to case. So decide on this offer while considering all your personal circumstances.

POSSIBLE BENEFITS:

1- You may reach Canada at earliest possible time and try to find a job when comparatively there is less saturation and less competition for jobs which will be increasing day by day.
2- Also good for a person who have nothing on stake at his current country of residence (no job etc)
3- If you go and find good job and pay tax, you will prove yourself good PR applicant.
4- You remember when we were offered to apply for provincial nominee, we were told that if we don’t apply our previous applications will continue to be processed but actually it could not. Now there is similar offer, you may apply for OWP and if you don’t apply then current applications will be continued to be processed. God forbidden if history repeats in this case, they may say that OWP applicants will be processed and others are rejected as lot of time has passed. I hope you will not angry on me as I am just talking the worst possible. We should not close our eyes and think all possibilities. However some one has told me that if you have done medical tests then they don’t close your case.

POSSIBLE RISKS:

1- To get a job while on work permit you are at lowest priority of an employer as compared to an immigrant (permanent resident) or a citizen. Thus to get a good job or an engineering job is very difficult for an work permit person.
2- May be any required medical expenses are to be paid by you if you don’t have a job.
3- I think we will not be eligible to get Kids funds by Canadian Govt. as normally for one small child about 600 CAD is paid by Govt. and if you have 02 kids you will get 1200 CAD per month even you have not find a job and can pay rent for your apartment.
4- This permit is not extendable after 02 years, and if you leave your current job and go Canada and God forbidden your PR application is not successful; then you will have to left Canada.
5- If someone go on work permit CIC may slow the processing of his PR application and can give priority to others. ( Its only possibility and not an information, I say sorry to CIC)
6- If someone not become successfully establish at Canada, this may effect his PR application process.

CONCLUSION:

Keeping in view the less chances of good job, less social benefits etc if someone can wait 06 to 12 months more to finalize his PR application it would be more better, If someone is not satisfied with his current job or jobless, he/she should go.
Further if majority of Provincial nominee don t choose OWP and obviously there is need for skilled persons at provinces, CIC will have to do fast the application process.

I Pray to Allah that PR applications of all of us become successful within short period of time and we all make right decisions.
Regards, Usma

ofonzo

Nov 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2012
Nomination.....
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
23-10-2012
IELTS Request
18-05-12
Med's Request
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-12-2012
Passport Req..
01-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2013
LANDED..........
02-08-2013
All:

Is this just me or is the E-cas system out today.

USMA- Thanks for the detailed SWOT analysis.

supa

Star Member
Aug 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Ontario FSW Backlog PNP on 03/04/2012
Nomination.....
10/10/2012
AOR Received.
20/01/2013
IELTS Request
Submited with Ontario PNP Application
File Transfer...
Pending -
Med's Request
Pending -
Med's Done....
Pending -
Interview........
Pending
Passport Req..
Pending
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Pending
ofonzo said:
All:

Is this just me or is the E-cas system out today.

USMA- Thanks for the detailed SWOT analysis.
@ofonzo - it is not only you o my brother as I have not been able to access e-cas for past 4 fours or so. fingers crossed!

All the best to all of us

supa

Khan78

Aug 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8th NOV-12
Doc's Request.
21st March-13
Nomination.....
18th Sept-12
AOR Received.
28th Jan-13
IELTS Request
Already sent
Med's Request
Not Yet
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
hi,

Thanks usma for your detailed and precise analysis. by the way in how much time LVO may complete our processing, as from their web site its 6 Months but CIC says 24 Months. on one of the forums i have seen that 6 months is for UK residents and for outsiders its different. what do u expect?

regards

JAGGU

May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2012
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
16 oct 2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
08 nov 2012
Med's Request
18 dec 2012
Med's Done....
24 dec 2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
18 dec 2012 (2nd PPR on Mar'13, submitted in Apr'13, again in Jun'13)
VISA ISSUED...
7 sep 13
hi usma... thanks for your details analysis... as we concluded before that if your PR is 10 months short then wait else go for WPO... so that you can acquire experience till than.....

My medical is received on ecas... i had forward my originals as they has asked for it... hope to see their favourable reply for passport submission soon....

usma

Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
25 Sep 2013 at Edmonton
Khan78 said:
hi,

Thanks usma for your detailed and precise analysis. by the way in how much time LVO may complete our processing, as from their web site its 6 Months but CIC says 24 Months. on one of the forums i have seen that 6 months is for UK residents and for outsiders its different. what do u expect?

regards
I think after medicals it will not take more than 06 months.

usma

Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
25 Sep 2013 at Edmonton
Khan 78 please reply my personal message early. Thanks

Khan78

Aug 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8th NOV-12
Doc's Request.
21st March-13
Nomination.....
18th Sept-12
AOR Received.
28th Jan-13
IELTS Request
Already sent
Med's Request
Not Yet
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
usma said:
Khan 78 please reply my personal message early. Thanks
Replied.
regards

usma

Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
25 Sep 2013 at Edmonton
Khan78 said:
Replied.
regards
Thanks a lot Brother for your help. Now there is clarity for me.
Regards,

usma

Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
25 Sep 2013 at Edmonton
hi all,
I was just thinking about our old application, whether we Will have to apply for withdrawl for old application to get Back the fées or IT Will an automatic process?
Message sent from m'y mobile. Please ignore mistakes.

ofonzo

Nov 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2012
Nomination.....
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
23-10-2012
IELTS Request
18-05-12
Med's Request
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-12-2012
Passport Req..
01-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2013
LANDED..........
02-08-2013
Hello folks,

This thread has been pretty quiet in the last couple of days. Any new development in the application process?
The e-cas system has been out for a few days for me, is that typical for others on this thread?
Let's keep the conversation going! ;D