AINP Engineering Stream Application process

antistar10

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
perry8912 said:
I think as for the work permit matter, you are fine. You don't need a active work vise during the entire process.

However, when your work permit expires, you will lose your job, and that's gonna be a different story. You need your job to get the nomination. (if you don't have two years work experience in AB)
So my only hope is to get a nomination before my work permits expires. which is very unlikely to happen but still worth a shot. thank you man keep updating your application status good luck

perry8912

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2016
Nomination.....
14-12-2015
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
Med's Request
04-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
antistar10 said:
So my only hope is to get a nomination before my work permits expires. which is very unlickly to happen but still worth a shot. thank you man keep updating your application status good luck
Yes, you are correct.

Before you get nomination, there is a big chance your employer will get a call from AINP, and if he tell them you no longer work here, you will lose your nomination.

That no work permit required thing is for people who have two years engineer experience in AB.

You may ask your employer to get LMIA or get your work permit extended.

perry8912

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2016
Nomination.....
14-12-2015
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
Med's Request
04-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
antistar10 said:
So my only hope is to get a nomination before my work permits expires. which is very unlikely to happen but still worth a shot. thank you man keep updating your application status good luck
Just give it a try !

Sometimes a miracle seems impossible but happens anyway.

Good luck bro, wish all the best happen to us.

antistar10

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
perry8912 said:
Yes, you are correct.

Before you get nomination, there is a big chance your employer will get a call from AINP, and if he tell them you no longer work here, you will lose your nomination.

That no work permit required thing is for people who have two years engineer experience in AB.

You may ask your employer to get LMIA or get your work permit extended.
Yes I'm going to try to extend my contract for another year thus my work permit. but still this nomination thing takes too much time specially since now there're handling applications on a first come first serve basis. and the pail of applicants is quite big haha as I said it's free and it's just an application so why not try it right.

how long is your work permit good for ?

perry8912

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2016
Nomination.....
14-12-2015
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
Med's Request
04-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
antistar10 said:
Yes I'm going to try to extend my contract for another year thus my work permit. but still this nomination thing takes too much time specially since now there're handling applications on a first come first serve basis. and the pail of applicants is quite big haha as I said it's free and it's just an application so why not try it right.

how long is your work permit good for ?
There is a chance you may get your nomination before I do. Sometimes they will consider the expire date on work permit and that's a truth.

my work permit expires in the middle of 2017.

Mario_AB

Star Member
Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
perry8912 said:
I think as for the work permit matter, you are fine. You don't need a active work vise during the entire process.

However, when your work permit expires, you will lose your job, and that's gonna be a different story. You need your job to get the nomination. (if you don't have two years work experience in AB)
where you get this from that you have to have 2 years of experience in order to get nominated under strategic recruitment stream Engineering occupation?

perry8912

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2016
Nomination.....
14-12-2015
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
Med's Request
04-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Mario_AB said:
where you get this from that you have to have 2 years of experience in order to get nominated under strategic recruitment stream Engineering occupation?
From their website. "You must be currently working or have worked within the last two years in Alberta either directly or on contract for an Alberta Employer"

If you currently working, there is no need for 2 years experience.

Mario_AB

Star Member
Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
perry8912 said:
From their website. "You must be currently working or have worked within the last two years in Alberta either directly or on contract for an Alberta Employer"
does that mean you have to have two years of experience?
what i understood it as you have worked in an engineering occupation within the last two year means it should not be older than last two years(like if you are applying in 2015 your experience should be not older than 2013)
AINP didnot specified the number of months or years of experience you have to have to get nomination.

antistar10

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mario_AB said:
does that mean you have to have two years of experience?
what i understood it as you have worked in an engineering occupation within the last two year means it should not be older than last two years(like if you are applying in 2015 your experience should be not older than 2013)
AINP didnot specified the number of months or years of experience you have to have to get nomination.
Yeah you're right it's either you're working now in Alberta or had been working sometimes during the last 2 years.

Mario_AB

Star Member
Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
antistar10 said:
Yeah you're right it's either you're working now in Alberta or had been working sometimes during the last 2 years.
You got it

april2014_AINP

May 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Generally in SRS category, they don't call up your employer for verification and all. Lot of friends got fired, spent a couple of months job searching, then finally got a job without ever informing AINP. Later they informed AINP after getting a new job and AINP was fine with it.

Also, for SRS streams you can apply for a BOWP with your nomination itself.

Thirdly, you don't need two year experience. Neither do you need to be employed throughout your application. You need to have some engineering experience within two years of applying.

andy8189

Jul 20, 2015
Hi Guys, I am new to this forum. I guess I have a similar case as yours. Applied for AINP engineering category-NOC code 2141, Applied on 6th March 2015, Email confirmation on 19th March 2015. No response from AINP yet. Can I expect anything in the coming months. Seems like they are processing applications submitted between May 15 ,2014 and Jun 16, 2015. Has anyone heard from AINP?

runaway982

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Could this Letter of no objection be obtained form outside of Canada? My husband is engineer with 10 years experience.

Jais74

Jun 3, 2015
Dear All,

Please help, There is anybody knows that if a person on work permit and he would like to sponsor spouse and dependent children, what is the procedure and after how many months he is eligible to sponsor his family and dependents?

Thank you so much in advance for your precious advise.