AINP Engineering Stream Application process

antistar10

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone,

I want to start a conversation about AINP Engineering Application process, The rules obviously have changed and the timeline as well. well I'm about to apply under NOC code 2141.
Just got the No obligation letter from APEGA and made a certified copy of my diploma. and the rest I think is just forms and copies. my question is How long it takes for AINP to reply concerning weather or not they received my application and how they communicate via email or post ?
and If somebody applied recently under an engineering Stream please share your story and your timeline.

Thank you everyone :)

movincool

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 29, 2015
AOR Received.
January 17, 2016
Med's Request
June 1, 2016
Med's Done....
June 6, 2016
When i applied Last year in November, i got my file number within 2 weeks. So i would say it should be around 2-3 weeks at most these days but i could be wrong and they'll send you the file number via email you provided.

antistar10

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank's for the reply

what's the status of your application now. I've read it's 14months at least! does this time frame apply for everybody or it depends on the application ?

perry8912

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2016
Nomination.....
14-12-2015
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
Med's Request
04-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Hi there,

I've submitted my application at 11th Feb this year, and I think there could be a chance we will get result the same day.

I want to ask that what do your no objection letter looks like? This is my big concern about my application.

Thanks

antistar10

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey,
Well it stated something like this :

This will advise that APEGA has no objection to an ALBERTA COMPANY offering employment to MR. XY from MOROCCO provided that he does not independently practice engineering, nor does he use the title “Engineer” in any way that implies that he is a registered professional engineer.

As administrators of the “Engineering and Geoscience Professions Act” of Alberta, APEGA advises that if a person independently practices engineering or geoscience and/or takes responsibility for the practice of engineering or geoscience by others under their supervision, that person is required to be licensed as a professional engineer or geoscientist by APEGA.
APEGA further advises that in order to use the title “engineer” in combination with any words that suggest a person is a professional engineer; there is a requirement that the person be registered as a professional engineer in Alberta.
Please note that by issuing a letter of no objection to Mr. X, we are not making an evaluation of equivalence of his engineering education to the Canadian educational credential required to practice engineering.

How about you ?

perry8912

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2016
Nomination.....
14-12-2015
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
Med's Request
04-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
antistar10 said:
Hey,
Well it stated something like this :

This will advise that APEGA has no objection to an ALBERTA COMPANY offering employment to MR. XY from MOROCCO provided that he does not independently practice engineering, nor does he use the title “Engineer” in any way that implies that he is a registered professional engineer.

As administrators of the “Engineering and Geoscience Professions Act” of Alberta, APEGA advises that if a person independently practices engineering or geoscience and/or takes responsibility for the practice of engineering or geoscience by others under their supervision, that person is required to be licensed as a professional engineer or geoscientist by APEGA.
APEGA further advises that in order to use the title “engineer” in combination with any words that suggest a person is a professional engineer; there is a requirement that the person be registered as a professional engineer in Alberta.
Please note that by issuing a letter of no objection to Mr. X, we are not making an evaluation of equivalence of his engineering education to the Canadian educational credential required to practice engineering.

How about you ?
Yes, we have the same letter! And still waiting file number. I'll let you know when I get it.

antistar10

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
perry8912 said:
Yes, we have the same letter! And still waiting file number. I'll let you know when I get it.
I haven't applied yet probably I'm going to send it this Friday.
What NOC are you ?

perry8912

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2016
Nomination.....
14-12-2015
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
Med's Request
04-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
antistar10 said:
What NOC are you ?
NOC2132 Mechanical Engineer. I think we will have the same processing time

perry8912

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2016
Nomination.....
14-12-2015
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
Med's Request
04-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
antistar10 said:
What NOC are you ?
And do you have any reference letter from your previous employer?

antistar10

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
perry8912 said:
And do you have any reference letter from your previous employer?
I'm an industrial engineer .. No actually this is my first Job Just graduated last july I've been in Canada for two months. Can I apply or is it too soon ?

perry8912

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2016
Nomination.....
14-12-2015
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
Med's Request
04-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
antistar10 said:
I'm an industrial engineer .. No actually this is my first Job Just graduated last july I've been in Canada for two months. Can I apply or is it too soon ?
Of course you can. We are on the same page. I just graduated from a university in Ontario, and waited 3 months until I pass the probation time.

According to the experience from this forum, there is a chance we may get result this end of the year.

Keep a positive attitude. :D :D

antistar10

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
perry8912 said:
Of course you can. We are on the same page. I just graduated from a university in Ontario, and waited 3 months until I pass the probation time.

According to the experience from this forum, there is a chance we may get result this end of the year.

Keep a positive attitude. :D :D
In their website they say processing time for engineering stream is at least 14 months I don't know how accurate those dates are! I'm pretty much new to this just started searching like 2 days ago.
You don't need to have an active work permit for this application right ?

perry8912

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2016
Nomination.....
14-12-2015
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
Med's Request
04-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
antistar10 said:
In their website they say processing time for engineering stream is at least 14 months I don't know how accurate those dates are! I'm pretty much new to this just started searching like 2 days ago.
You don't need to have an active work permit for this application right ?
I have a post graduate work permit. However, from their website, there is no work permit required.

Just out of curiosity, if you don't have an active work vise, how could you be in Canada and still work here?

antistar10

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
perry8912 said:
I have a post graduate work permit. However, from their website, there is no work permit required.

Just out of curiosity, if you don't have an active work vise, how could you be in Canada and still work here?
No I do but my work permit expires on September this year. I come to canada through CEC and got a contract for 10 months. so when my work permits expires and I get back to my country is my application still valid ?

perry8912

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2016
Nomination.....
14-12-2015
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
Med's Request
04-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
antistar10 said:
No I do but my work permit expires on September this year. I come to canada through CEC and got a contract for 10 months. so when my work permits expires and I get back to my country is my application still valid ?
I think as for the work permit matter, you are fine. You don't need a active work vise during the entire process.

However, when your work permit expires, you will lose your job, and that's gonna be a different story. You need your job to get the nomination. (if you don't have two years work experience in AB)