+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP Application package(H1B Stream) sent after 01-01-2009 under the NEW process

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
fira said:
Sorry email2kale...It is UPS confirmation, that it is delivered to the receptionist(OSCOLAI).
fira,

i hope, for your sake, that you have saved this UPS confirmation that you mailed the package before 02/19

fira

Feb 20, 2009
Re: AINP Application package(H1B Stream) sent after 01-01-2009 under the NEW pro

Yes nomad_musafir, i have the confirmation.

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
Re: AINP Application package(H1B Stream) sent after 01-01-2009 under the NEW pro

maruti81 said:
fira said:
Guys,

I got an email from immigration.info@gov.ab.ca and they requested JOB Description. I emailed them, the scanned version of my USCIS petition letter.

At least i am sure now, that my application is in right hands and it is in their system.

Thanks.
Good to know that and good luck to you.
Can you tell us when did your application reach them? did you file under old process (with pre assessment etc) or new process?
maruthi81: So fira's application has reached on 02/20 and was under NEW process.

maruti81

Mar 13, 2009

email2kale said:
maruti81 said:
fira said:
Guys,

I got an email from immigration.info@gov.ab.ca and they requested JOB Description. I emailed them, the scanned version of my USCIS petition letter.

At least i am sure now, that my application is in right hands and it is in their system.

Thanks.
Good to know that and good luck to you.
Can you tell us when did your application reach them? did you file under old process (with pre assessment etc) or new process?
maruthi81: So fira's application has reached on 02/20 and was under NEW process.
Thank you bud. I think fira is lucky.

CometoAlberta

Mar 24, 2009

My application was delivered on the beginning of Jan, they also sent the confirmation for that. I recv. file no. on mar 20 but in that email, they said they recv my application on someday in Feb.

Based on my knowledge, the following is the process:

1. you sent the package to AINP (someone who is responsible for recving files ,organizing and checking them)

2. after files are organized, then they forward to AINP office, this day is the really date ANIP recv your application

3.AINP then input your files into computer

the total processing time will be 2-3 months, which is 40-60 business day

Don't worry, my waiting time is more than 2 months

divagirl said:
CometoAlberta said:
Not true! I swiched from old to new and i also recv the File no. on Mar 20 . I filed AINP 009

thanks
Can you please post your timeline.

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
Important Notes for:
1) application received on and after 02/19/2009 by AINP
2) Getting laid off

Please read one of the lawfirm's url:
http://www.americanlaw.com/albertapnph-1b.html

"In response to a written inquiry by Chang & Boos, the AINP has confirmed that for any applications received on or after February 19, 2009, the applicant will be expected to maintain status up to the time that the AINP makes a final decision on the application (i.e. issuance of a provincial nomination certificate). In other words, the AINP expects the applicant to have valid status for at least 6 months (the current waiting time for the adjudication of such applications). However, once the provincial nomination certificate has been issued, the applicant's U.S. status may expire and he or she may return home to continue the permanent residence process at the Canadian consulate located in his or her home country.

The AINP has further confirmed that any applications received prior to February 19, 2009 will be assessed under the previous guidelines regarding an applicant's visa status in the United States. Under the previous guidelines, an applicant was required to hold valid H-1B, H-1B1, H-1C, or E-3 status at the time of the application but not necessarily at the time the AINP office made its decision."

and

"Place of Application for Permanent Residence

Once the applicant has received a provincial nomination certificate, he or she may return home and apply for permanent residence in his or her home country. However, it should also be possible for the applicant to complete his or her permanent residence case at a Canadian consulate in the United States.
Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (S.O.R./2002-227) ("IRPR") clearly states that an application for a permanent resident visa may be made to the immigration office that serves the country where the applicant is (temporarily) residing, if the applicant has been lawfully admitted to that country for a period of at least one year. As one of the requirements of the Strategic Recruitment Stream is that the applicant have at least one year of employment under an eligible nonimmigrant category, it is clearly contemplated that an applicant under this stream might choose to apply through a Canadian consulate in the United States.

It should be mentioned that IRPR 11(1)(a) also permits applicants who have fallen out of status in the United States, after satisfying the one year requirement, to apply at the Canadian consulate in the United States. However, subject to limited exceptions, an applicant who has overstayed his or her nonimmigrant status will be:
a) Subject to INA §222(g);
b) At risk of incurring an unlawful presence bar under INA §212(a)(9)(B)(i); and
c) At risk of being placed into removal proceedings prior to the completion of his or her Canadian permanent residence case.

Given the relatively short wait time for provincial nominee cases, an applicant who has obtained a provincial nomination certificate but who has since fallen out of status in the United States should in most cases return to his or her home country in order to complete final processing of his or her Canadian permanent residence case."

aNewHope

Star Member
Feb 24, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Thank you for posting this email2kale. This should answer a lot of questions for most applications and prospective applicants.

Cheers,

email2kale said:
Important Notes for:
1) application received on and after 02/19/2009 by AINP
2) Getting laid off

Please read one of the lawfirm's url:
http://www.americanlaw.com/albertapnph-1b.html

"In response to a written inquiry by Chang & Boos, the AINP has confirmed that for any applications received on or after February 19, 2009, the applicant will be expected to maintain status up to the time that the AINP makes a final decision on the application (i.e. issuance of a provincial nomination certificate). In other words, the AINP expects the applicant to have valid status for at least 6 months (the current waiting time for the adjudication of such applications). However, once the provincial nomination certificate has been issued, the applicant's U.S. status may expire and he or she may return home to continue the permanent residence process at the Canadian consulate located in his or her home country.

The AINP has further confirmed that any applications received prior to February 19, 2009 will be assessed under the previous guidelines regarding an applicant's visa status in the United States. Under the previous guidelines, an applicant was required to hold valid H-1B, H-1B1, H-1C, or E-3 status at the time of the application but not necessarily at the time the AINP office made its decision."

and

"Place of Application for Permanent Residence

Once the applicant has received a provincial nomination certificate, he or she may return home and apply for permanent residence in his or her home country. However, it should also be possible for the applicant to complete his or her permanent residence case at a Canadian consulate in the United States.
Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (S.O.R./2002-227) ("IRPR") clearly states that an application for a permanent resident visa may be made to the immigration office that serves the country where the applicant is (temporarily) residing, if the applicant has been lawfully admitted to that country for a period of at least one year. As one of the requirements of the Strategic Recruitment Stream is that the applicant have at least one year of employment under an eligible nonimmigrant category, it is clearly contemplated that an applicant under this stream might choose to apply through a Canadian consulate in the United States.

It should be mentioned that IRPR 11(1)(a) also permits applicants who have fallen out of status in the United States, after satisfying the one year requirement, to apply at the Canadian consulate in the United States. However, subject to limited exceptions, an applicant who has overstayed his or her nonimmigrant status will be:
a) Subject to INA §222(g);
b) At risk of incurring an unlawful presence bar under INA §212(a)(9)(B)(i); and
c) At risk of being placed into removal proceedings prior to the completion of his or her Canadian permanent residence case.

Given the relatively short wait time for provincial nominee cases, an applicant who has obtained a provincial nomination certificate but who has since fallen out of status in the United States should in most cases return to his or her home country in order to complete final processing of his or her Canadian permanent residence case."

procan

Star Member
Mar 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2009
Doc's Request.
05-11-2009
Nomination.....
17-11-2009 CIC App. Filed.: 12-03-2010
AOR Received.
28-06-2010
Med's Request
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
25-08-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2011
LANDED..........
23-06-2011
I have sent my AiNP package - US H1B category and joining the waiting que!

Package sent - Mar 24 (Fed Ex)
Package Received by AiNP - Mar 25

I will be a regular visitor to this forum from now on...

Manny

Dec 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 30, 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2009 CIC App. Filed.: Mar 15, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Request
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 15, 2010 File transferred: Nov 10, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011

I got my file number from AINP. I think mine is one of the first in these forums to get file number under new process. Timeline:
Submitted forms to AINP: Dec 30
Received file number by email ..7XX: Mar 25

I didn't bother AINP with any queries and waited for their response. I think AINP is making an awesome effort to reply either way to all folks. My request to all is to be patient - let's not allow our over eagerness mess up their process.

Best O' luck!

chow

Sep 23, 2008
procan said:
I have sent my AiNP package - US H1B category and joining the waiting que!

Package sent - Mar 24 (Fed Ex)
Package Received by AiNP - Mar 25

I will be a regular visitor to this forum from now on...
Refresh pages for every minute and check other files statuses.

AlbertaAINP

Star Member
Feb 25, 2009

Manny said:
I got my file number from AINP. I think mine is one of the first in these forums to get file number under new process. Timeline:

I didn't bother AINP with any queries and waited for their response. I think AINP is making an awesome effort to reply either way to all folks. My request to all is to be patient - let's not allow our over eagerness mess up their process.

Best O' luck!
First of all Congrats Manny...But I thought the new system was into effect only from Jan 1st, 2009.

Thanks

divagirl

Jan 8, 2009

Manny said:

Best O' luck!
Congratulations... now I am keeping my fingers crossed so that I get it by this weekend...
Userid Appl Date File number Date File number
Manny30 Dec25 Mar7xx

Please update the table when you get your file number.

iAlberta

Star Member
Mar 22, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/Mar/2009
Doc's Request.
16/Dec/2009
Nomination.....
11/Jan/2010
AOR Received.
01/Jun/2010
Med's Request
01/Jun/2010
Med's Done....
04/Jun/2010
Passport Req..
27/Aug/2010

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

i guess its taking more than 2 months to get ur file number nowadays...

Manny said:

Best O' luck!

Mike053

Feb 9, 2009
Guys: are there any typical standard answers for following questions:
1 - Describe what you have done, or what you plan to do, to search for a job in Alberta?

2 - Describe your plans for initial settlement in Alberta. For instance, where do you plan to live and what type of accommodation are you are seeking?

3 - Describe your familiarity with Alberta. For instance, what do you know about its climate, labour market, cost of living, geography, etc.?

I know what I can write, but I dont want to write something which will offend AINP officer...thats why I ask for your view..any good suggestions welcome...

A

Albertagoverner

Mike053 said:
Guys: are there any typical standard answers for following questions:
1 - Describe what you have done, or what you plan to do, to search for a job in Alberta?

2 - Describe your plans for initial settlement in Alberta. For instance, where do you plan to live and what type of accommodation are you are seeking?

3 - Describe your familiarity with Alberta. For instance, what do you know about its climate, labour market, cost of living, geography, etc.?

I know what I can write, but I dont want to write something which will offend AINP officer...thats why I ask for your view..any good suggestions welcome...
Imagine if instead of Alberta you are moving to New Jersey, What you would do with your PR card in Edison, New Jersey? Just write the same plans in terms of Alberta. Make sure you don't write that I will browse Alberta edition of sulekha.com and find out reddy's townhouse to rent a room otherwise they will really get offended...