+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP Application package(H1B Stream) sent after 01-01-2009 under the NEW process

maruti81

Mar 13, 2009
CVRR said:
just to update you all...
alberta guide is updated.....now version is 03 2009....
i did not cross check the guide with old and new version..go through new guide once....
Hi CVRR,
would you mind posting the link pls? thanks.

alberta1978

Star Member
Jan 21, 2009
Looking forward to this week. Hopefully people with new process and more than 2 months will start getting file numbers.

vrkravi

Mar 30, 2009
Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum. I am thinking of applying for AINP - H1B visa category.
My current H1B visa is valid only upto June17 2009. I will get extension till Dec 31 2009. I am hoping to receive the new I797 from USCIS for the extension by Aug2009.

I came to know that AINP requires the H1B visa be valid till their processing is complete, which typically takes a maximum of 6 months. My Question is

Can I apply for the AINP-H1B pgm now and later on send the new I797 by Aug 2009 ?

Did anyone go through such situation? I would greatly appreciate any response reg this case.

Thanks a lot.
Ravi

vrkravi

Mar 30, 2009
Thanks a lot for the response. Does anyone know what percentage of applicants get their PR card approved through AINP-H1B program.

A

Albertagoverner

vrkravi said:
Thanks a lot for the response. Does anyone know what percentage of applicants get their PR card approved through AINP-H1B program.
No one has recieved PR Card under this program as of now. The first batch of Aplicants have submitted thier Health papers and waiting for passport request for stamping. This Program was launched last year in same month. It is hard to say that What percentage of people will get "PR card." I assume you mean "PR visa" here instead. For PR card you need PR Visa first. Based on previous experiences, once you have health request then it is 99% sure that you will get it. Once you have Passport request then it is 100% sure that you will get PR Visa stamped in your passport which still DOES NOT guarantee that you will be able to enter Canada untill you satisfy Port Immigration Officer.

wasi2000

Star Member
Feb 22, 2009
Today I have recieved an email from canada immigration saying signature mising on Page#6 of AINP009 and sent the paper immidately today itself.

I think, they are working quite fast as I had sent my application on 25th Feb 2009 under New Process.

Email Contents are as follows:
We have received your application to the US Visa Strategic Recruitment Stream Category under the AINP; however, there is one document that we require in order to proceed.
We were pre-assessing your application, and noticed that you were missing page 6 of the AINP009 form, it was not signed.
We will require an original signature in order to proceed with the application. Kindly complete page 6 of AINP009, and mail it directly to:

Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program
Alberta Employment, Immigration and Industry
Suite 940, Telus Plaza North Tower
10025 Jasper Avenue
Edmonton, AB T5J 1S6

That is the office that will be processing your application, and we are forwarding your application package to the AINP Office for processing.
Thank you and we look forward to receiving your documents.

A

Albertagoverner

wasi2000 said:
Today I have recieved an email from canada immigration saying signature mising on Page#6 of AINP009 and sent the paper immidately today itself.

I think, they are working quite fast as I had sent my application on 25th Feb 2009 under New Process.

We have received your application to the US Visa Strategic Recruitment Stream Category under the AINP; however, there is one document that we require in order to proceed.
We were pre-assessing your application, and noticed that you were missing page 6 of the AINP009 form, it was not signed.
We will require an original signature in order to proceed with the application. Kindly complete page 6 of AINP009, and mail it directly to:

10025 Jasper Avenue
Edmonton, AB T5J 1S6

That is the office that will be processing your application, and we are forwarding your application package to the AINP Office for processing.
Dear Wasi2000:
Can you please mention your file nos last three digit? Just wanna see which file no they are processing at Jasper Avenue Office.

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
Albertagoverner said:
wasi2000 said:

10025 Jasper Avenue
Edmonton, AB T5J 1S6

Dear Wasi2000:
Can you please mention your file nos last three digit? Just wanna see which file no they are processing at Jasper Avenue Office.
Albertagoverner : I think wasi2000 is yet to get his file # as he has applied under new process in Feb '09.

yofeihong

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
Folks,

Has Any of you called Alberta Immigration office regarding new process application ?
Why is the file number not being issued ???
is there anyone who get the File # ???
Please inform us. That's very helpful.

Thanks
Yofei

divagirl

Jan 8, 2009
Re: AINP Application package(H1B Stream) sent after 01-01-2009 under the NEW pro

I dont think they have issued file numbers to anybody in the New Process. We are waiting patiently, not wanting to disturb them and slow down the process. We hope it will be given in this week if they have not gone into hibernation again.

A

Albertagoverner

yofeihong said:
Folks,

Has Any of you called Alberta Immigration office regarding new process application ?

Thanks
Yofei

The numbers like 923 or 874 are just in H1B stream, However, They have received almost 5 times more of total applications under family stream and 3 times more applications under Employer driven stream, therefore the Process time in every stream has been increased. Please wait at least 3 and half months after sending your packet to AINP to get file number.
Also when they say 3.5 month that should not mean that we start expecting file number on 15th of April if AINP recieved packet on 1st January. Three and half month means 90+15 = 105 working days. Which means one month has 4 weekends and only 20 days left to work which means if AINP got someone's packet on January 1st 2009 then he/should expect his file number before June 5th 2009.

aNewHope

Star Member
Feb 24, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: AINP Application package(H1B Stream) sent after 01-01-2009 under the NEW pro

I am not so sure that when they say 3 months, they mean 3 months of working days. When they say 2 months or 3 months they probably mean 2 or 3 calendar months. Also, these processing times are estimates, which probably did not account for the huge increase in applications.

Albertagoverner said:
yofeihong said:
Folks,

Thanks
Yofei

The numbers like 923 or 874 are just in H1B stream, However, They have received almost 5 times more of total applications under family stream and 3 times more applications under Employer driven stream, therefore the Process time in every stream has been increased. Please wait at least 3 and half months after sending your packet to AINP to get file number.
Also when they say 3.5 month that should not mean that we start expecting file number on 15th of April if AINP recieved packet on 1st January. Three and half month means 90+15 = 105 working days. Which means one month has 4 weekends and only 20 days left to work which means if AINP got someone's packet on January 1st 2009 then he/should expect his file number before June 5th 2009.

monteiromarcosb

Star Member
Feb 12, 2009
It says 2 to 3 months, but what can we do if takes longer? You guys are too hooked up in numbers (months, days, hours...) Pretty soon we'll be talking on how many hours they work a day, or how long are their coffee breaks. I understand the whole anxiety thing, but it won't help if you have a heart attack just before your file number arrives. Just relax, and wait 2 to 3 months.