+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP Application package(H1B Stream) sent after 01-01-2009 under the NEW process

maruti81

Mar 13, 2009
yofeihong said:
Folks,
I have sent my application on January 19,09 ( no-Pre-assessment), New Processs and I have not heard about my File # either.
What is going on ? It has been 54 days since they received on Jan 20, 09.
any clues ?
Besides, I got laid off. I am a chemical engineer
Anyone knows any employers that willing to sponsor me?? any employers please please!! It's really stressful.
Am I qualified for AINP if I become a student , F1 visa holder in USA later on, ?
Hope There is a wise direction from you guys.
Thanks
Yofeihong
Don't worry friend..they may get back to you in 40-60 days as how they said...so, still there is time...wait for one more week and if you dont hear anything, try contacting them...

There is nothing to get stressed...Take it easy...it's going to be good...

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
yofeihong said:
Folks,
I have sent my application on January 19,09 ( no-Pre-assessment), New Processs and I have not heard about my File # either.
any clues ?
Anyone knows any employers that willing to sponsor me?? any employers please please!! It's really stressful.
Am I qualified for AINP if I become a student , F1 visa holder in USA later on, ?
Thanks
Yofeihong
It would be wise if you wait for AINP nomination and then convert F1 visa. Right now I'm hearing differents words from applicants who have applied before & after of 02/19/2009. Applicants applied before 02/19/2009 say you need to be on H1B while applying for AINP and for those who applied after 02/19/2009 say you need to be on H1B until AINP make final decision. So in my view be on H1B until you get the nomination.

maruti81

Mar 13, 2009
email2kale said:
yofeihong said:
Folks,
any clues ?
Thanks
Yofeihong
It would be wise if you wait for AINP nomination and then convert F1 visa. Right now I'm hearing differents words from applicants who have applied before & after of 02/19/2009. Applicants applied before 02/19/2009 say you need to be on H1B while applying for AINP and for those who applied after 02/19/2009 say you need to be on H1B until AINP make final decision. So in my view be on H1B until you get the nomination.
yes, i agree with email2kale...

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
maruti81 said:
yofeihong said:
Folks,
any clues ?
Thanks
Yofeihong
Don't worry friend..they may get back to you in 40-60 days as how they said...so, still there is time...wait for one more week and if you dont hear anything, try contacting them...

Yea, I think those who have applied in Jan 2009 should be receiving their application numbers very soon and already there are few applicants who have crossed 40-60 days mark, I believe ALBERTA is clearing off all pre-assessment applicants first.

maruti81

Mar 13, 2009
email2kale said:
maruti81 said:
yofeihong said:
Folks,
any clues ?
Thanks
Yofeihong

Yea, I think those who have applied in Jan 2009 should be receiving their application numbers very soon and already there are few applicants who have crossed 40-60 days mark, I believe ALBERTA is clearing off all pre-assessment applicants first.
Yes. May be.

Out of curiousity, are there anyone who applied under new process (after January) and got file numbers?

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
maruti81 said:
email2kale said:
maruti81 said:
yofeihong said:
Folks,
any clues ?
Thanks
Yofeihong

Yes. May be.

Out of curiousity, are there anyone who applied under new process (after January) and got file numbers?
Well, till now all those who got are from OLD process ie with pre-assessment.

ron77

Feb 14, 2009
hey, cometoalberta

when did alberta receive your application?

also wht is last 3 digit of ur file number?

thanks
CometoAlberta said:
Not true! I swiched from old to new and i also recv the File no. on Mar 20 . I filed AINP 009

thanks

A

Albertagoverner

ron77 said:
hey, cometoalberta

when did alberta receive your application?

also wht is last 3 digit of ur file number?

thanks
CometoAlberta said:
Not true! I swiched from old to new and i also recv the File no. on Mar 20 . I filed AINP 009

thanks
I hope all other new folks will start getting number from Tomorrow as it will be Thursday and rest on Friday.

yofeihong

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
Thank you friends,
Your response and support will be very helpful for us.
Hopefully We would get our good news on this coming Thursday and Friday.
I am applying for any employer in USA but I do not get any calls. It's hard though.!!
Anyway, I need your input.
Is it possible to apply two different programs to immigrate to Canada ? AINP and Refuge claimant?

Thanks,
Yofeihong

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yofeihong, if you already applied for AINP, you must already be in the US on a H1B visa. Since Canada has a safe 3rd country agreement with the US, you can not apply as a refugee in Canada if you are already in the US. If you have a refugee claim, you should file it in the US.

Besides, Canada immigration does not like it one bit when people apply for refugee status as a backup just to see if it sticks. That is why it is not advisable to apply for refugee status unless it's the persons only options. Again, for you, not possible if you are in the US already.

divagirl

Jan 8, 2009
Re: AINP Application package(H1B Stream) sent after 01-01-2009 under the NEW pro

CometoAlberta said:

thanks
Can you please post your timeline.

fira

Feb 20, 2009
Re: AINP Application package(H1B Stream) sent after 01-01-2009 under the NEW pro

Guys,

I got an email from immigration.info@gov.ab.ca and they requested JOB Description. I emailed them, the scanned version of my USCIS petition letter.

At least i am sure now, that my application is in right hands and it is in their system.

Thanks.

maruti81

Mar 13, 2009

fira said:
Guys,

I got an email from immigration.info@gov.ab.ca and they requested JOB Description. I emailed them, the scanned version of my USCIS petition letter.

At least i am sure now, that my application is in right hands and it is in their system.

Thanks.
Good to know that and good luck to you.
Can you tell us when did your application reach them? did you file under old process (with pre assessment etc) or new process?