+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP application after work permit expiry!!!!!

Annana

Jul 26, 2014
pawanpnp said:
Yes u can. I was in similar situation. My work permit expired in Feb but I received my nomination in march end. Than I applied for work permit and status restoration which was approved. But after your status expires you have only 90 days to apply for restoration.
Hi Pawanpnp,

I applied AINP as employer-driven skilled worker/ food service supervisor, and I just got my nomination file number, but my work permit is expiring in September. There are at least 5 month of waiting time, will my nomination application be rejected? Do I have to leave the country? Please help, I am so worried and dont know what to do right now.

hello kitty

Aug 20, 2010
Hi just wanna ask something.
My work permit expired last June 8 and my employers work permit extension was refused due to Lack of LMIA .
Now the cic gave me 90 days to apply for restoration of status it's either visitor or worker.
-can't able to apply for work permit because of the absence of LMIA.
- if apply for restoration of status as visitor, what happen to the ainp application? Do they have considerate to give your nomination so that you can apply to cic for pr then you can apply for open bridging permit ( if I'm correct).
Can anybody wants to share their experience please!
Thanks!

oloche4real

Sep 19, 2014
Dear All,
I want to file a pic action for AINP, I am LMO exempt but my employer does not have clearance from the Workers Compensation Board.
1. Is there an alternative to this?
2. Did you guys submit same clearance?

Please I need you all!!

Thanks

hello kitty

Aug 20, 2010
Annana said:
Hi Pawanpnp,

I applied AINP as employer-driven skilled worker/ food service supervisor, and I just got my nomination file number, but my work permit is expiring in September. There are at least 5 month of waiting time, will my nomination application be rejected? Do I have to leave the country? Please help, I am so worried and dont know what to do right now.
jish88folife said:
Hello Friends,

I was working in a skilled position for the past month and my current PGWP expires on the 30th of July, 2014. I applied for the AINP 3 weeks back. My company tried applying for an LMO. The prevailing wage rate is too high (It is 29.49 whereas I'm earning 23.49). I cannot remain employed with this company as my work permit runs out soon. Although they have asked me to go back to them once I'm eligible to work permanently with them without requiring an LMO.

My question is can I await my AINP results with a temporary resident visa when my work permit expires?
Please advise!!!!

Thank you.
Hi
I'm employer driven semi skilled food services im asking if got applied for restoration of status as temporary resident permit as visitor can still have the certificate of nomination in ainp?
Did anyone call you from ainp asking if you still working in your employer who nominated you?
What will you do?
Please responce in accurate experience.

oloche4real

Sep 19, 2014
I really feel for you. I don't really know as I have not even applied but I would advise you get a visitors visa so you are legit as per your stay in Canada

hello kitty

Aug 20, 2010
Yes, I did. I apply for my restoration of status extend or stay in canada as temporary resident permit holder or visitor.
My question is what will happen to your application? Is it still exist or you will expecting to nothing?

budingding

Feb 19, 2014
Anybody here who can give mea link on how to apply for visitor visa? I applied in ainp last march and no nomination yet.

hello kitty

Aug 20, 2010
Type my cic then click gckey and make an account .
After that there is a portion asking you what would you like to do? Then scroll down look for visitor. Then eligibility question from cic appear and need to answer after you have answer it will appears if your eligible for what you want click continue if there is an option your qualified and another questions and at the end the checklist and procedure will came out as well.
I hope you guys follow.

bradae

Jan 27, 2013
pawanpnp said:
Yes u can. I was in similar situation. My work permit expired in Feb but I received my nomination in march end. Than I applied for work permit and status restoration which was approved. But after your status expires you have only 90 days to apply for restoration.
Was your work permit a PGWP(Post Graduation Work Permit)? If so, that means it can be renewed? Please reply a.s.a.p.

Thank you.

paplubp

Star Member
Jul 6, 2015
Calgary AB
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
06-APR-17
AOR Received.
11-MAY-17
Passport Req..
01-OCT-17
VISA ISSUED...
24-OCT-17
I would greatly appreciate if anybody can help. I am in the same situation and my pswp expires in September 2015. Already applied for the AINP under Engineering occupation category on the 29th june since I did not get a job after 6 months of my course and I only had a 1year PSWP. I already have a job in an engineering company. I dont know what should I do retain my status. Do I contact any lawyer to help me out. I know even if I apply for the LMIA its gonna take long and I believe the only option I have is to apply for a WP extension with my nomination in hand. Do any one know if they check WP expiry dates which may facilitate an early decision.

Mrs. PR

Star Member
May 30, 2014
paplubp said:
I would greatly appreciate if anybody can help. I am in the same situation and my pswp expires in September 2015. Already applied for the AINP under Engineering occupation category on the 29th june since I did not get a job after 6 months of my course and I only had a 1year PSWP. I already have a job in an engineering company. I dont know what should I do retain my status. Do I contact any lawyer to help me out. I know even if I apply for the LMIA its gonna take long and I believe the only option I have is to apply for a WP extension with my nomination in hand. Do any one know if they check WP expiry dates which may facilitate an early decision.

The only option I can see right now is the restoration of stats as you cannot apply for wp extension without your AINP cert

paplubp

Star Member
Jul 6, 2015
Calgary AB
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
06-APR-17
AOR Received.
11-MAY-17
Passport Req..
01-OCT-17
VISA ISSUED...
24-OCT-17
martha1901 said:
Hi Jacolo,

As soon as you received your nomination before the expiry of your WP by Nov. then you can apply for your WP extension, after you file for your PR thru CIC and rcvd AOR & File #, 4 months before you run out of WP then you can file for Open Work permit. This is as far as I know.
nope. you can apply for an open work permit if you have a nomination. no need for cic file no.

Mrs. PR

Star Member
May 30, 2014
paplubp said:
nope. you can apply for an open work permit if you have a nomination. no need for cic file no.

Literally u need Confirmation of PR to apply for open wp. If u only have cert u can only apply for closed wp. So many are denied in applying open wp using their cert only

elipsisbond

Jun 25, 2016
Hey admin, My work permit is expiring within few days and still haven't receive my Ainp...is there any possibility of issuing me ainp after the wp expiration. kind of nervous..dont know what to do..please suggest..