+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP application after work permit expiry!!!!!

jish88folife

Jun 5, 2014
Hello Friends,

I was working in a skilled position for the past month and my current PGWP expires on the 30th of July, 2014. I applied for the AINP 3 weeks back. My company tried applying for an LMO. The prevailing wage rate is too high (It is 29.49 whereas I'm earning 23.49). I cannot remain employed with this company as my work permit runs out soon. Although they have asked me to go back to them once I'm eligible to work permanently with them without requiring an LMO.

My question is can I await my AINP results with a temporary resident visa when my work permit expires?
Please advise!!!!

Thank you.

pawanpnp

Feb 13, 2014
Yes u can. I was in similar situation. My work permit expired in Feb but I received my nomination in march end. Than I applied for work permit and status restoration which was approved. But after your status expires you have only 90 days to apply for restoration.

jish88folife

Jun 5, 2014
Thank you for the response. But what if even the three month restoration period runs out? Can I not wait with a Temporary Resident Visa? And then apply for my open bridging work permit?

Mrs. PR

Star Member
May 30, 2014
jish88folife said:
Thank you for the response. But what if even the three month restoration period runs out? Can I not wait with a Temporary Resident Visa? And then apply for my open bridging work permit?
Just a question, did ur company support you for your ainp application? if they did, u cant leave the company, most of the application, they are calling the employer if you are still working, if not anymore, they might widthraw ur application

mnar760

Jun 9, 2014
Hello Pawan, I am in the same situation. I am working as a food service supervisor. My work permit is expiring on August 13, 2104. I applied for AINP on May 1st, got confirmation email on May 7th. Although, my employer is willing to apply for LMO there aren't accepting any applications for LMO. In this situation what is the best thing that I can do from your point of view? Can I apply for any temporary work permit to CIC without LMO? Or transferring to visiting visa will help? Can't really think of much options. Please suggest me the best possible ways. Thank you very much and your response is greatly appreciated.

mnar760

Jun 9, 2014
mnar760 said:
Hello Pawan, I am in the same situation. I am working as a food service supervisor. My work permit is expiring on August 13, 2104. I applied for AINP on May 1st, got confirmation email on May 7th. Although, my employer is willing to apply for LMO there aren't accepting any applications for LMO. In this situation what is the best thing that I can do from your point of view? Can I apply for any temporary work permit to CIC without LMO? Or transferring to visiting visa will help? Can't really think of much options. Please suggest me the best possible ways. Thank you very much and your response is greatly appreciated.

pawanpnp

Feb 13, 2014
Hi. As your wp Is expiring In august so wait till July. In July mid apply for visitor visa so that you are not out of status. They will give you visitor status for another 6 month which will be more than enough. After those 6 months you can still stay in canada for another 90 days. In the meantime you will get your pnp. Than apply for wp and pr . All the best.

Anatalia

Jun 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
pawanpnp said:
Hi. As your wp Is expiring In august so wait till July. In July mid apply for visitor visa so that you are not out of status. They will give you visitor status for another 6 month which will be more than enough. After those 6 months you can still stay in canada for another 90 days. In the meantime you will get your pnp. Than apply for wp and pr . All the best.
Did you mean the bridging wp that he can apply for after pnp issued?

How about the rule that you can apply for bridging wp only if you have a valid current work permit for another 4 months.

To be eligible for a bridging open work permit, you must:

Currently be in Canada;
Have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within 4 months;
Have received confirmation from CIC that your permanent resident application is eligible under one of the four economic classes (FSWP, CEC, PNP and FSTP), and;
Have made an application for an open work permit."

That is from cic website. Cant post url sorry.

martha1901

Star Member
Jun 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
18-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
20-06-2016
pawanpnp said:
Yes u can. I was in similar situation. My work permit expired in Feb but I received my nomination in march end. Than I applied for work permit and status restoration which was approved. But after your status expires you have only 90 days to apply for restoration.
Hi Pawanpnp, I am in the same situation but when I phoned CIC what she said is, if I apply for visitor's visa and then later on when I have my nomination, I have to go back to my home country to process my work permit, is that true? I am from a visa exempt country.

Jacolo

Jul 17, 2014
[size=10pt]hi there,
I already have a file number for my ainp Application and my work permit going to be expire on November. can I apply for that bridging WP.
Please share if anybody know
[/size]

goldbank

May 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 3,2014
Doc's Request.
August 1,2014
AOR Received.
March 6, 2014
Med's Request
March 6, 2014
Med's Done....
April 3, 2014 received April 2014
LANDED..........
in Canada Sept 2012
Jacolo said:
[size=10pt]hi there,
I already have a file number for my ainp Application and my work permit going to be expire on November. can I apply for that bridging WP.
[/size]
Unfortunately you can not. For the BOWP to be approved, you must have a CIC file number, meaning you should have passed your PR application to CIC and they should have sent you a file number. Even your AINP certificate alone is not enough to apply for the BOWP.
All the best.

Jacolo

Jul 17, 2014
goldbank said:
Unfortunately you can not. For the BOWP to be approved, you must have a CIC file number, meaning you should have passed your PR application to CIC and they should have sent you a file number. Even your AINP certificate alone is not enough to apply for the BOWP.
All the best.
So do you have any idea that how do I apply for a new work permit

martha1901

Star Member
Jun 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
18-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
20-06-2016
Jacolo said:
[size=10pt]hi there,
[/size]
Hi Jacolo,

As soon as you received your nomination before the expiry of your WP by Nov. then you can apply for your WP extension, after you file for your PR thru CIC and rcvd AOR & File #, 4 months before you run out of WP then you can file for Open Work permit. This is as far as I know.

Jacolo

Jul 17, 2014
martha1901 said:
Hi Jacolo,

As soon as you received your nomination before the expiry of your WP by Nov. then you can apply for your WP extension, after you file for your PR thru CIC and rcvd AOR & File #, 4 months before you run out of WP then you can file for Open Work permit. This is as far as I know.
Thank You MarthA1901 for your information ill wait and see couple of weeks