Margotte

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
02-02-2021
My employer got an email from ainp today thats all i know so far
Applied june 25 2020
Hello there, my employer received an email the same day than yours and I got nominated next day, any updates for you?

maba

Star Member
May 21, 2014
Hi maba, I just received my nomination through AOS yesterday, so I have to apply for PR paper based, my question is
Did you send your police certificates with all the other documents/forms requested in the checklist? I know the application can be submitted without those too, but I don’t know if I have to get them, the one from my home country specifically before an officer request it or should I wait until they received the application and then ask for it?
Your help is much appreciated.
Cheers
Police reports expire in 6 months and IRCC will going to require again at some point later on. And currently there is long wait time to get AOR. I would send application without Police Report and send a note that it will be provided when available.

Margotte

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
02-02-2021
Police reports expire in 6 months and IRCC will going to require again at some point later on. And currently there is long wait time to get AOR. I would send application without Police Report and send a note that it will be provided when available.
Thank you very much. Maba

Margotte

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
02-02-2021
Did you have an telephone interview or just an email for your employer?
Thanks in advance!
They only send an email to my employer to confirm employment, but they didn’t call me at all.

Reactions: AnVo

imijoon

Apr 14, 2018
Hi guys. I'm going to apply for AOS soon. I'm working on a Spousal Open Work Permit. Do I need an LMIA to be eligible to apply or my work permit is exempt?

AnVo

Star Member
Jul 22, 2020
Hi guys. I'm going to apply for AOS soon. I'm working on a Spousal Open Work Permit. Do I need an LMIA to be eligible to apply or my work permit is exempt?
You can’t apply with SOWP under AOS.
Valid work permits are based on one of the following:
  • a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)
  • a LMIA exemption for workers based on one of the following exemptions as determine by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC):
    • international trade agreements
    • workers transferred within a company
    • International Experience Canada
    • Mobilité Francophone
    • an open work permit issued by IRCC to:
      • vulnerable workers who have demonstrated they are experiencing abuse or are at risk of abuse in the context of their employment in Canada, including under the Vulnerable Workers Open Work Permit (VWOWP) exemption, or
      • the family members of a vulnerable worker under the VWOWP exemption
  • a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) held by a graduate of an Alberta Advanced Education publicly funded post-secondary institution
    • PGWP holders must also meet specific occupation, education and work experience requirements as set out below.

imijoon

Apr 14, 2018
You can’t apply with SOWP under AOS.
Valid work permits are based on one of the following:
  • a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)
  • a LMIA exemption for workers based on one of the following exemptions as determine by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC):
    • international trade agreements
    • workers transferred within a company
    • International Experience Canada
    • Mobilité Francophone
    • an open work permit issued by IRCC to:
      • vulnerable workers who have demonstrated they are experiencing abuse or are at risk of abuse in the context of their employment in Canada, including under the Vulnerable Workers Open Work Permit (VWOWP) exemption, or
      • the family members of a vulnerable worker under the VWOWP exemption
  • a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) held by a graduate of an Alberta Advanced Education publicly funded post-secondary institution
    • PGWP holders must also meet specific occupation, education and work experience requirements as set out below.
Thanks. LMIA is almost impossible. Is there any other program with no need to LMIA?

faiqsheikh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2017
Hi,
I have been nominated in Alberta Opportunity Stream. I applied in Feb and got nominated in May. I have applied for PR. My question is Do I need to stay and work in Alberta Canada until I get my PR. Or I can leave Canada to go back to home country and wait till my application is processed. Because I really miss my family in this Pandemic and like to be united. Please senior members give me some advise. Thanks in Advance.
This is my pfofile pls do let me confirm ami I eligible or not?

- IELTS : CLB 7
- Education : ECA equivalent to Master in Microbiology
- Experience : 2.5 years ( Instructor in university) 4011
- Age 30
- Ties : Brotehrs in law lives in ALberta since 18 years.