+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP 204(c) letter of support impacted due to COVID-19, what to do?

wulisarah13

Mar 23, 2020
Hello everyone,

My work permit (LMIA) expires on the 9th May 2020 (within 7 weeks). I have been nominated for the PNP (AINP) on the 5th March 2020. I mailed my PR application and IRCC received it on the 20th March. Unfortunately, I was temporary lay-off on the same day due to coronavirus. Hotel business is going to close for a little while.
I am afraid that I can't get the AOR from IRCC before my work permit expire.

Q: Can I still summit application online just before my visa expire and upload from the webform once I receive it? ( I know there is a risk.)

I was hoping that I could use the 204(c) letter of support, employer need to submit a new offer of employment and pay the employer compliance fee if you don't need an LMIA. Now I don't have job because of this circumstance. I just applied for EI online yesterday but haven't summited request document to service Canada.

Q: Can company still help me to extend my work permit with this support letter even if hotel is closed? (The worst case that epidemic doesn't get better in May ? ) What can we (hotel and I) do?

Q: I know I need to up update PNP office and IRCC for my employment changed. Do I need to do now as I don't have job but I will back to work once hotel is operating? Will this change impact my PR qualification?

Can you advise what can I do please? I am very worry about I can't get my work permit extend then not qualify for PR in the end.

giovanna_eq

Star Member
Jun 2, 2017
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi. There have been cases where people sent their PR application along with their BOWP, in the same day and it was approved as long as you receive AOR before they get to your application.

I’m relying on the same thing. My WP expires on April 12th and I sent my PR and BOWP on March 12th to be exact. As everything will get delayed, Im hoping to get my AOR somewhere in the next two months while it might take them up to 5 to process my WP extension, who knows.

wulisarah13

Mar 23, 2020
Hi. There have been cases where people sent their PR application along with their BOWP, in the same day and it was approved as long as you receive AOR before they get to your application.

I’m relying on the same thing. My WP expires on April 12th and I sent my PR and BOWP on March 12th to be exact. As everything will get delayed, Im hoping to get my AOR somewhere in the next two months while it might take them up to 5 to process my WP extension, who knows.

Hi there,
Thank you for your information. I was hoping that I could do with BOWP option. I am just wondering what's gonna happen if I didn't get AOR in time and my BOWP application is under process? I know it takes about 89 days for online application but we might receive AOR maximum 90 days? Will they refuse my BOWP?
Thank you for the advise!

giovanna_eq

Star Member
Jun 2, 2017
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi. Im also worried I won’t get my AOR in time. They have grounds to refuse it if we don’t then we will have to restore our status once the AOR finally arrives. I wanna believe it will come in time as the processing time should be longer than 90 days due to the COVID episode.

Ill let you know if I get AOR. :)

Last edited:

wulisarah13

Mar 23, 2020
Hi. Im also worried I won’t get my AOR in time. They have grounds to refuse it if we don’t then we will have to restore our status once the AOR finally arrives. I wanna believe it will come in time as the processing time should be longer than 90 days due to the COVID episode.

Hello,
Yes, that would be great if you can let me know when you receive your AOR as my application was just about a week after you summited yours.
Thanks! All the best.

wulisarah13

Mar 23, 2020

Hi there,
Sorry, I just want to ask you again. What's program do you went through your PR please? Province nomination too? Thanks!

May 13, 2020
Hello, i Am on LMIA work permit I applied for pnp(ainp) on nov 20,2019. My employer got confirmation mail on 2 april . But i got email yesterday 12 may that my file is on hold for 60 days because of covid-19 they said i need 30 hours per week. Can someone please help with this i am so worried.

wulisarah13

Mar 23, 2020
Hello, i Am on LMIA work permit I applied for pnp(ainp) on nov 20,2019. My employer got confirmation mail on 2 april . But i got email yesterday 12 may that my file is on hold for 60 days because of covid-19 they said i need 30 hours per week. Can someone please help with this i am so worried.
You are laid off now, am I right? If so, you need to discuss with your company and let you back to work otherwise PNP office will withdraw your AINP nominee application I think.

wulisarah13

Mar 23, 2020
I think it depends on each case if they will hold an application up to 6 months.
The best way is contacting with PNP office or find a lawyer? Sorry, I could only provide you the information which can find on the website.

Assessment of applications
We will temporarily hold new applications for 60 calendar days from date of mailing and current applications for 60 calendar days from date of assessment where the application is either incomplete due to COVID-19 or the AINP program officer cannot verify information or documentation.

We will advise by email when an application is put on hold.

After 45 days, we will determine if an additional 60 calendar day hold will be applied. We will advise the candidate by email of the status of their application by each 60 calendar day mark.

The longest we will hold an application is 6 months. After 6 months, we will make a decision on the application based on the information available and the candidate’s circumstances at that time.

Candidates must advise us of any changes to their employment, address, email, phone number or family status while their AINP application is in process.

Information about a change in employment must be emailed to the AINP program officer who is processing the application or mailed to the AINP.

Do not mail information without an AINP file number. All candidates should review IRCC’s website for current information on maintaining their status to live and work in Alberta.

drmanthan

Jan 25, 2020
I am on PGWP and alberta nominee, if I apply through letter of support 204(c) will my work permit extension will be open work permit or employer specific? and how long it will come? Which is better option BOWP or Letter of support 204(c)?

wulisarah13

Mar 23, 2020
I am on PGWP and alberta nominee, if I apply through letter of support 204(c) will my work permit extension will be open work permit or employer specific? and how long it will come? Which is better option BOWP or Letter of support 204(c)?
If you use 204 c support letter and it will be a close work permit. The processing time is 88 or 89 days. ( check IRCC website)
If you have submitted your PR application and received your acknowledgement of receipt from IRCC, still in Canada, your work permit expires in 4 months or less. Have NO employer restriction on your nomination. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html
You can apply for BOWP. Otherwise stay on support letter!!
I got BOWP refused three days again. I need to restore my status with 204 letter.