+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AFTER SOME ADVICE ABOUT MEDICALS

scotsgirl

May 10, 2011
scotland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
myself, partner & kids are in very early stages of planning but hope in the future to move permenantly to Canada from the uk. The thing thats worrying me is that my partner has a past history of drug use & while it is very much behind us now it is mentioned in his gp's medical records as he went to them for help. So what I was wondering is will his gp be asked to provide a copy of his past medical records as part of the visa process???
Any advice would be greatly appreciated

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
I don't think it's about past medical history.... I believe you must go in and take a blood test and urine test, and they will do chest x-rays. I don't think they contact gps for a file on the applicants, however, perhaps during the medical exam he will be asked to divuldge any past medical history.... I don't think past drug use would be one of them, but I could be wrong... sorry.... I really haven't been much help at all since that's just what I think, but I don't know the facts for certain.

scotsgirl

May 10, 2011
scotland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thats great thanks, like I said any info is helpful, no problems with blood/urine tests as was a long time ago, just don't want him to volunteer the information if he doesn't have to!
thanks again