+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After sending passport, how long does CIC take to stamp the PR visa?

dennis_dennis

Jul 10, 2017
Hi guys,

Since Canada Post is on strike these days, are we still to submit passport for PR visa stamp to a CPC via the same courier service? Does anybody have any experience in using an alternate service? Please advise.

Thanks!

mindblowz

Star Member
Oct 8, 2018
Hi guys,

Since Canada Post is on strike these days, are we still to submit passport for PR visa stamp to a CPC via the same courier service? Does anybody have any experience in using an alternate service? Please advise.

Thanks!
i believe the strike was over last week.

mindblowz

Star Member
Oct 8, 2018
Has anyone recently sent their passport? I have sent mine on 15th of November. When should i expect it?

cjbeans

Jul 16, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Has anyone recently sent their passport? I have sent mine on 15th of November. When should i expect it?
I sent mine (passport copy) XpressPost (Canada Post) on November 16th, and it was delivered November 19th (as expected). Return envelope (also XpressPost) was activated November 20th, and appears to have been delivered November 21st (should be there when I get home today).

You can also look here to get some estimate of current processing times: MyImmigrationTracker - Passport Processing Tracker

Reactions: tanzee

mindblowz

Star Member
Oct 8, 2018
I sent mine (passport copy) XpressPost (Canada Post) on November 16th, and it was delivered November 19th (as expected). Return envelope (also XpressPost) was activated November 20th, and appears to have been delivered November 21st (should be there when I get home today).

You can also look here to get some estimate of current processing times: MyImmigrationTracker - Passport Processing Tracker
Thank you very much for the link and the info. Wow you got your passport back very quick. My attorney responded to my email in the morning. It was sent on 15th of November, havent heard anything back yet. He mentioned it might take about 2-3 weeks. I do not know how they sent it etc. but he sent it last week on 15th. Hope it comes soon

mindblowz

Star Member
Oct 8, 2018

where were you located, toronto? My attorney sent my documents on 15th, you got yours very quick. I wonder if i would get mine at the end of the week

Chef-de-Bureau

Star Member
Jul 26, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa (?)
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-06-2018
AOR Received.
02-06-2018
Hi, I just got my PPR. Does anyone know if I can use a different courier to send the documents? And then use Canada Post Xpress for the return? Hoping to minimize the time with the strike.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Hi All,

I just got my PPR email this morning and I’m in a pickle! So, here’s the thing. I’m CEC Inland applicant, in Toronto. I have a WP expiring in 2020. I had to travel India for holidays and would be flying on December 8th.
If I send my document with everything by tomorrow morning(Tuesday), can I expected it back from CIC, before my flight, considering the Canada post strike?

Regards

Reactions: newimmigrantionc

newimmigrantionc

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
Hi, I just got my PPR. Does anyone know if I can use a different courier to send the documents? And then use Canada Post Xpress for the return? Hoping to minimize the time with the strike.
Congrats! I guess we could do that but i would let any seniors confirm this as I am also waiting to send my documents. I just called the post office..
they are also not sure if the strike is still going on but he said he will ensure my document is not delayed..

mindblowz

Star Member
Oct 8, 2018
Hi All,

I just got my PPR email this morning and I’m in a pickle! So, here’s the thing. I’m CEC Inland applicant, in Toronto. I have a WP expiring in 2020. I had to travel India for holidays and would be flying on December 8th.
If I send my document with everything by tomorrow morning(Tuesday), can I expected it back from CIC, before my flight, considering the Canada post strike?

Regards
send it with Fedex maybe? I have sent my documents and passport on the 15th with Canada post via my attorney, still haven't heard back yet. Not sure if it's delayed due to Canadapost or Ottowa.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
send it with Fedex maybe? I have sent my documents and passport on the 15th with Canada post via my attorney, still haven't heard back yet. Not sure if it's delayed due to Canadapost or Ottowa.
Thank you for your time! However, I am not sure if they have left any option for us :)

The email says;

If you have a mailing address in Canada:

- The pre-paid Xpresspost envelope must be from Canada Post. Please note that we will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier.

- Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address:

CPC – Ottawa – PR

PO Box 8781

Ottawa, ON K1G 4B9

Chef-de-Bureau

Star Member
Jul 26, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa (?)
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-06-2018
AOR Received.
02-06-2018
Yeah fair point. I ended up using Canada Post (and being stupid enough not to take a picture of the return envelope :mad: