+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After sending passport, how long does CIC take to stamp the PR visa?

Saran12

Star Member
Mar 3, 2018
Anyone here knows how cic will inform applicants if photos were rejected required during the PPR? Talked to an agent yesterday and mentioned that there was a mail on thursday ( not sure if it is an emai or regular mail) sent to my rep re photos and the said agent cant open the mail mentioned bec it came from ottowa. Talked to my rep last night and no email was sent to her lately. Sent PP on Sept 21 and received on Sept 24.
If your photo is rejected then you will receive an email saying that photos were not appropriate and they will also send a document with the instruction to take the photo with Canadian standards. You will take a print out of the email and send the print out with your new photos to the address mentioned in the email. My photo was also rejected and I sent it again.

gail yu

May 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-4-14
Med's Request
27-04-14
Med's Done....
06-05-14
Passport Req..
03-06-14
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-14
LANDED..........
17-07-14
If your photo is rejected then you will receive an email saying that photos were not appropriate and they will also send a document with the instruction to take the photo with Canadian standards. You will take a print out of the email and send the print out with your new photos to the address mentioned in the email. My photo was also rejected and I sent it again.
Thank you. it took me 2 weeks to get the email re my photos, I had to call and emailed CIC re this issue and emailed me back just last week. Sent new photos and i hope there will be no issue. how long did u get ur passport back after ur resubmission of new photos? Got my PPR on Sept 12. and Ottawa received new photos on October 15, 2018

Saran12

Star Member
Mar 3, 2018
Thank you. it took me 2 weeks to get the email re my photos, I had to call and emailed CIC re this issue and emailed me back just last week. Sent new photos and i hope there will be no issue. how long did u get ur passport back after ur resubmission of new photos? Got my PPR on Sept 12. and Ottawa received new photos on October 15, 2018
I submitted by photos last week and my status changed as approved today. My passport is not yet dispatched from Ottawa. So waiting for that.

Reactions: gail yu

gail yu

May 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-4-14
Med's Request
27-04-14
Med's Done....
06-05-14
Passport Req..
03-06-14
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-14
LANDED..........
17-07-14
I submitted by photos last week and my status changed as approved today. My passport is not yet dispatched from Ottawa. So waiting for that.
Thank you. What date your photo received?

gail yu

May 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-4-14
Med's Request
27-04-14
Med's Done....
06-05-14
Passport Req..
03-06-14
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-14
LANDED..........
17-07-14
hey did u get your passport back? I don't have an update yet after my received photos

Saran12

Star Member
Mar 3, 2018
hey did u get your passport back? I don't have an update yet after my received photos
I again got an email today regarding photos that it is not in correct format and they have requested another copy of photo. No update on passport. I don't know if they have requested after viewing the latest photos or the email was a mistake by them.

avm

Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
File Transfer...
N/A
What mistake you have done while sending photos?

gail yu

May 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-4-14
Med's Request
27-04-14
Med's Done....
06-05-14
Passport Req..
03-06-14
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-14
LANDED..........
17-07-14
I again got an email today regarding photos that it is not in correct format and they have requested another copy of photo. No update on passport. I don't know if they have requested after viewing the latest photos or the email was a mistake by them.
Hey any update from your PP