+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After sending passport, how long does CIC take to stamp the PR visa?

HADDY

Jul 15, 2017
Sent my passport to Ottawa may 3, 2018
Ottawa received: May 7,2018
Expresspost tracking activated: May,8 2018
Online status as of today: decision made
Called CIC today: said “we are pleased to inform you that your application have been approved”
Canadaost tracking as of today: item processed in edmonton
***they send our passports back a day after they received them***
Same scenario here. Did u address ur return envelope? How did u get tracking number for the return envelope. Was the tracking number same as the return envelope u sent? Or different? Thank u

Natasha2017

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
n/a
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-03-2018
How do we track the return envelope. The instructions says we shouldnt address the return envelope but I noted the tracking number. I'm just not sure if they will use same envelope.

What do u think? And what did u do?
Passport sent May 30th
Received May 31st
Do track it! Go to Canada Post site and use this code.
When I applied for Temporary Resident Visa, I had to send the empty return envelope as well. They will send your passport in this envelope.

Reactions: HADDY
Jul 9, 2018
Hoping you or anybody can help with this. I have applied to CIC to sponsor my Venezuelan wife. After she completed the medical CIC sent a letter asking her to renew her passport which still has 10 months left. We sent a letter back explaining Venezuelans have great difficulty getting new passports and certainly not when there are still 10 months left of validity. Has anyone heard about anything like this?

Ghufrancap85

Dec 9, 2016
Good Morning All,

How much time will it take usually to get our Passport stamped? I am in USA I sent it on Thursday, July 12th and they received on Friday, July 13th.

Regards..

Foxdie

Aug 30, 2017
Good Morning All,

How much time will it take usually to get our Passport stamped? I am in USA I sent it on Thursday, July 12th and they received on Friday, July 13th.

Regards..
I don't want to be rude but did you try to look for responses of people? It has been answered so many times by countless folks. Timing can vary but normally it takes 3-4 weeks. Mine took about 3 weeks.

Foxdie

Aug 30, 2017
Good Morning All,

Regards..
My understanding is there is no further review other than the authenticity of your passport. So long everything is Ok, they just take their standard time to stamp and return. Others can correct if I am wrong.

Foxdie

Aug 30, 2017
Same scenario here. Did u address ur return envelope? How did u get tracking number for the return envelope. Was the tracking number same as the return envelope u sent? Or different? Thank u
Tracking number was same as the empty return envelope that I sent. It does take some time to get back.

Sik

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
I don't want to be rude but did you try to look for responses of people? It has been answered so many times by countless folks. Timing can vary but normally it takes 3-4 weeks. Mine took about 3 weeks.
Take it easy man. Ppl who havent crossed a step will always feel anxious abt that particular one. Each step of d process we feel nervous and thats obvious. In a way ur life n future is stuck with that process. So ppl repeat d same question over n over. Thats what forum is all about. The steps that i m done with i will feel more confident to talk abt that but imagine d steps that i still need to go through...man...i feel d pressure. Until it is done u r never sure. And bottom line is cic is unpredictable. Every single case is unique. Dont take it otherwise....i m just saying this so that no ones feeling is hurt. Here we r all to help each other. Thnx for being a part of this great forum. It relieves lot of pressure. Thnx

Sik

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
Hoping you or anybody can help with this. I have applied to CIC to sponsor my Venezuelan wife. After she completed the medical CIC sent a letter asking her to renew her passport which still has 10 months left. We sent a letter back explaining Venezuelans have great difficulty getting new passports and certainly not when there are still 10 months left of validity. Has anyone heard about anything like this?
Dont know if u already received feedback on ur query or not.
To issue PR CIC need 1 yr validity of your passport. COPR is issued with one year single entry visa on your passport. So, u can not chnage the passport n still claim that visa to enter in CANADA. I think that is d procedure. So, unless ur passport has one year validily they will not issue that one time entry visa on it. So, i guess u have to renew ur passport unless CIC provides special solution to ur problem. We just know d usual practice.

rahsun

Sep 10, 2018
Hello Friends,

I got a final request for PPR on August 1st.
Instead of sending the passport to Ottawa, CA. I sent it to Consulate General of Canada in Los Angeles, CA as I live in USA.
Passport recieved by CVAC: Aug 14
Passport moved to Consulate: Aug 21
Status on CVAC Application tracker: Passport Recieved by Visa Office - Under Consideration
Current Status in MyCIC Account: Submitted.

I called CVAC LA to know the actual status, and the say it usually takes 10-15 business days. But mine is 16th Business day today.

The status has neither changed in mygc account nor at CVAC App tracker site. I am concerned about why is it taking so long at the consulate to stamp my PR visa? Any advise would highly be appreciated. Thanks!

Sik

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
Hello Friends,

I got a final request for PPR on August 1st.
Instead of sending the passport to Ottawa, CA. I sent it to Consulate General of Canada in Los Angeles, CA as I live in USA.
Passport recieved by CVAC: Aug 14
Passport moved to Consulate: Aug 21
Status on CVAC Application tracker: Passport Recieved by Visa Office - Under Consideration
Current Status in MyCIC Account: Submitted.

I called CVAC LA to know the actual status, and the say it usually takes 10-15 business days. But mine is 16th Business day today.

The status has neither changed in mygc account nor at CVAC App tracker site. I am concerned about why is it taking so long at the consulate to stamp my PR visa? Any advise would highly be appreciated. Thanks!
R u sure that they said 10-15 days? Coz, we are generally under d impression that they take upto 30 days. So, technically 16 days is not much. Honestl, you can wait for another 7 days at least without much worry. Hopefully u will hear d good news soon. Best wishes!!!

rahsun

Sep 10, 2018
R u sure that they said 10-15 days? Coz, we are generally under d impression that they take upto 30 days. So, technically 16 days is not much. Honestl, you can wait for another 7 days at least without much worry. Hopefully u will hear d good news soon. Best wishes!!!

Thanks! Hopefully, I will share updated.

rahsun

Sep 10, 2018
Last night MyCICAccount was updated and the current status changed to Approved.
This morning, the CVAC Tracking said Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the VAC .
I am happy :)