+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After sending passport, how long does CIC take to stamp the PR visa?

kriti208

Oct 7, 2019
Just a quick update. I called CIC today. Representative said normal processing time after getting passport is 2 weeks and since 2 weeks timeframe have been passed, she was going to send a request to Ottawa office. She asked me tracking number from my courier (in my case was Fedex) and she saw under Fedex's website that the package was delivered to Ottawa office on 10th of October.
I mentioned that I have already paid for travel and all so I need enough time to travel. She asked me when was I planning to travel and I answered Nov 14th. She said she is going to reach out to the Ottawa office and doesn't see to postpone my travel date.
So, I am hoping to hear something by next week.

My advice would be to call them once and tell them that you have travel plans sometime soon.

Indra585

Oct 30, 2019
Just a quick update. I called CIC today. Representative said normal processing time after getting passport is 2 weeks and since 2 weeks timeframe have been passed, she was going to send a request to Ottawa office. She asked me tracking number from my courier (in my case was Fedex) and she saw under Fedex's website that the package was delivered to Ottawa office on 10th of October.
I mentioned that I have already paid for travel and all so I need enough time to travel. She asked me when was I planning to travel and I answered Nov 14th. She said she is going to reach out to the Ottawa office and doesn't see to postpone my travel date.
So, I am hoping to hear something by next week.

My advice would be to call them once and tell them that you have travel plans sometime soon.
Ohk i also did call them and she said exactly same. She said not to worry and wait

Indra585

Oct 30, 2019
My guess is by next Week we should hear something if she sent a request. I’ll keep posted if I hear something. You do the same.
Yup!! For sure. One of my friend sent passport on 3rd oct and he got update last week so hopefully we will get next week

kriti208

Oct 7, 2019
Yup!! For sure. One of my friend sent passport on 3rd oct and he got update last week so hopefully we will get next week
Hello, I got an update on my profile this morning. It was dated yesterday though.
My file got approved. I’m hoping to get pp in few days

kevinlkwong

Star Member
Jul 24, 2019
I mailed my documents out on the 3rd from Vancouver, and it arrived on the 7th. Does it usually take this long for me to hear back from them? I haven't really called or seen any updates on my account