+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After sending passport, how long does CIC take to stamp the PR visa?

Ptrz

Nov 15, 2017
Hi All ,

We have received request to submit passport on 25 OCT, We have sent passport on 27 OCT and they were recieved by CIC OTTAWA on 30 OCT .
Since then there are no updates on the application or passport status .
We are currently in Canada and have travel plans for Nov 20 .
What are the possibilities as per current processing time for us to recieve passports.
Please keep us updated as some of us have the similar situation.

nikhilpuri11

Jun 19, 2017
My passport was delivered on October 18th and the return tracker just got activated yesterday, November 14th. Exactly 20 business days.
Hopefully I'll get it by 16th.

Reactions: Ptrz

Lovejit Singh

Star Member
Aug 31, 2017
Hi All ,

We have received request to submit passport on 25 OCT, We have sent passport on 27 OCT and they were recieved by CIC OTTAWA on 30 OCT .
Since then there are no updates on the application or passport status .
We are currently in Canada and have travel plans for Nov 20 .
What are the possibilities as per current processing time for us to recieve passports.
Hello Dear,
my passport also sent on same date, please let me know whenever you get any update?
Thanks

ankit2906

Nov 16, 2017
My passport was received by CIC ottawa on October 26 and still no update ...I have flight on November 26th really stressed

peruchazhi

May 5, 2016
My passport was received by CIC on Nov 24th. Status got updated on CIC portal as "Approved" on Nov 9th. Yesterday my return tracker got updated (Nov 16th).

The status changing to "approved" on CIC account doesn't mean that they have shipped the passport from their end. After approving, it will take some more days, in my case, a week, for them to ship the passport back.

In total, it took 3 weeks and 2 days for my passport to be stamped with visa and shiped it back.

maddyavula

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Hi,
I sent my passports to CIC Ottawa on Nov 9 and they received it on Nov 10.
There isn't any update on my application till date.
After looking at all above replies, I'm Hoping that I get my passports back in December first week.
We have travel plans in end of December.