+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After appeal on H&C grounds is allowed- what next, please help urgently

Sobr

Sep 27, 2016
Dear All, i applied for a travel document to return to canada at Abu Dhabi embassy since my PR card was expired and i did not meet the residency obligations. My applications was rejected so i appealed against the decision on H&C grounds which has been allowed by IAD. My question is what happens next. Will the case be sent back to Abu Dhabi for processing? How long will it take? Will the Abu Dhabi embassy contact me ? Do i need to do anything in the meantime? If i get the travel document issued now and i return to canada, how long will it take to get a renewed PR card. I beg guidance as I am facing a lot of uncertainty and clueless.

mandyshine2009

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
HI I don't think you will be allowed to renew a pr card after a negative decision made on your prtd (humanitarian ground). Also as far I know even you go back to Canada on a new travel document you won't be able to count the days spent in Canada towards residency requirement. You will just need to wait patiently in Canada for a hearing and if the decision is positive you could count the days to renew a pr card. If the decision is negative you will be issued a departure order and must leave Canada within 30 days. Your pr status will be completely revoked then.

Were you in Canada in the past 365 days? If yes you could be allowed a new travel document in order to go to Canada and attend a hearing. If you weren't in Canada in the past 365 days, you won't be allowed to go to Canada.

All my personal opinion and what I learnt online.